Proposed law pertaining to marrying a Filipina

MarinePride

burnttoast

The others were gracious and curious about the man who had saved my life. But my mother looked at him like an insect. A dangerous insect, which must be squashed quickly.“

Rose - Titanic (1997)

Edited by burnttoast
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• TorJay

• hyaku

• MarinePride

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sure and liquid 250,000 us...???   i guess they can just stay and marry a trike driver and live the good life

oh   stage one get a foreigner with 250,000 Liquid assets  stage two get him to visit ... stage 3 get married .... i would like to see a law that Forces guys who get girls PG to support their children

I think for the most part the philippines benefited by the number of foreigners who not only married the local women  but married them knowing they already had children  and assumed the responsibility

Every Filipina that marries a foreigner is a prostitute??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:banghead: 

I believe the proposed law is directed at people like you.

Obviously you didn't read the article. It said girls were being prostituted out by foreign men. The foreign men ain't doing that, the girls are doing it on there own.

http://www.menafn.com/4e3b4dbb-ce60-44c1-b4ba-d4e7edaaf59c/Foreigners-seeking-Filipino-wives-should-be-certified?src=main

I just found this on Google news. I guess the deadbeats are making some people take note.

I guess that works both ways. No one forces women to proposition me when I'm shopping for groceries.

Whats next? A law that we are also required to maintain the in-laws?

Edited by hyaku

Obviously you didn't read the article. It said girls were being prostituted out by foreign men. The foreign men ain't doing that, the girls are doing it on there own.

Oh yes I did read it.

"Garcia noted that not a few of male foreigners' motive for marriage is to

exploit Filipino women by making them work and worse, by forcing them to

prostitution and other degrading and dehumanizing occupation.."

It seems you got too excited to read on after you hit the word prostitution. 

Scruffydog

I think for the most part the philippines benefited by the number of foreigners who not only married the local women  but married them knowing they already had children  and assumed the responsibility of the dead beat dads

I  missed that part about 250K liquid..That would cut  out all of my buddies here in  FIL-Am marriages or most anyway. The  vast vast majority of Phil-AM couples here are good decent men, many that have taken over the support of kids.

I know of  only 1  relationship out of 40 or 50, in which the husband is anything but caring and loving

I do know more than a handful of Pinay that burned their 1st husband that brought them over, or are married to sugar daddy's that let them roam

in hopes of doing anything  to keep them

johnboy999

The 250k liquid is posted as a comment underneath the article by a foreigner-hating troll. Nowhere in any article I can find on Google does it list that as a genuine requirement. Let's face it, there aren't many Pinoy husbands with even 250K in pesos (let alone USD) as liquid assets and they are deemed to be fit to marry the women here. I would take that with a HUGE pinch of salt!

The 250k liquid is posted as a comment underneath the article by a foreigner-hating troll. Nowhere in any article I can find on Google does it list that as a genuine requirement. Let's face it, there aren't many Pinoy husbands with even 250K in pesos (let alone USD) as liquid assets and they are deemed to be fit to marry the women here. I would take that with a HUGE pinch of salt!

I would use a shovel.

• Like 1
State Trooper

I think for the most part the philippines benefited by the number of foreigners who not only married the local women  but married them knowing they already had children  and assumed the responsibility of the dead beat dads

That happens more often than not.  I did that, got 2 kids in the package and their Filipino dad is a drug addict and never gave a single centavo or slipper in support.

As a matter of fact there is a very pretty 22 yr old neighbor of mine who asked me to help her find a foreign husband...I asked her why she wanted a foreigner....Her answer was simple, she has 3 little kids with a Filipino who is unemployed and spends most of his time drinking with buddies.

Now I suppose its up to the foreigner to do his diligent background search on his lady friend but it really ticks me off that some politicians play this game that foreigners are bad. Foreigners pump money into this economy and yes there are some bad apples but I would say there is a much better chance that the foreigner will get taken advantage of by a Filipino than the other way around.

Hmmm, making a Filipina work is a crime?   Please tell millions of OFWs that.

I do agree, being the wife of some of these guys has to be a degrading and dehumanizing occupation, but they enter into freely.

There is no real 'Mail Order' bride stuff going on now, unless both parties are doing various things illegally to bring it off.  (Like the 'trafficking thread recently)

I suggest if they are worried about the honor of Filipina womanhood, they shut down the sex tourism industry, and chase down the deadbeat pinoy sperm donors and make them pay support.

I know as far as the US Visa stuff goes, USCIS is kind of lax on enforcing a realistic income level for  getting a K1 visa for a bride.  I guess the formula they used is more geared for a resident immigrant type person to bring a bride back from the jungle of his home country, more that it is for a native US person to bring a lady from a developing country?

Worrying about the honor of the women or more importantly their honor as parents is the reason behind the proposal. No parent no matter what the country wants to be seen as producing a child for the pleasure of a senior citizen or other "unworthy man", even if he was the man next door and not an outsider.

Just as foreign parents don't want to be seen as a sex aid producer, be it a  prostitute or marriage of connivance for "rich foreigners". Those in nations such as the US don't want their men going abroad to find mates when so many of our own children are living with single mothers in need of a father in the house. However since we do let people in from all over the world we also left a loop hole for those foreigners to bring home a wife from the mother culture. Secondarily we had a large army worldwide and to keep peace in the host nations it was better if some of those women got out as war brides rather then stay as single mothers of American GI's kids.

With the door left open many others outside of the target demographic of the cultural minority stepped through and we are left with the internal political problem that we have said it is possible to live on X amount so we can't then turn around and say you need X plus Y amount, exempting the "fees" charged by government agencies, civil surgeons...,to have a family. They can't even say that an income is okay if you are going to live in Peoria but deny you if you live in NYC even with the great differences in lifestyle the exact income will produce..

Getting married to pimp our wives? THEY are exploited? What drivel. Maybe it might happen but do we need an actual law penalizing all foreigners? Whatever will they think of next?

Bit off topic but when I was just in BIg an American was actually coming on to the cashier. Shouting through the hole in the window, "Do you have a boyfriend, are you available? Not surprising we are getting a bad label.

Sorry BI