• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• TorJay

• hyaku

• spooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sure and liquid 250,000 us...???   i guess they can just stay and marry a trike driver and live the good life

oh   stage one get a foreigner with 250,000 Liquid assets  stage two get him to visit ... stage 3 get married .... i would like to see a law that Forces guys who get girls PG to support their children

I think for the most part the philippines benefited by the number of foreigners who not only married the local women  but married them knowing they already had children  and assumed the responsibility

oh   stage one get a foreigner with 250,000 Liquid assets  stage two get him to visit ... stage 3 get married .... i would like to see a law that Forces guys who get girls PG to support their children  now that is a great law 

http://www.menafn.com/4e3b4dbb-ce60-44c1-b4ba-d4e7edaaf59c/Foreigners-seeking-Filipino-wives-should-be-certified?src=main

I just found this on Google news.  I guess the deadbeats are making some people take note.

deadbeats ???  compared to who and what ?   Before i married my wife she lived on 5,000 peso a month and free food and raised 4 children ,, while her x and his mistress lived on much more how about putting some teeth in child support laws

• Like 6

I wonder how they plan to protect us from them?

KonC

• Like 3
Scruffydog

http://www.menafn.com/4e3b4dbb-ce60-44c1-b4ba-d4e7edaaf59c/Foreigners-seeking-Filipino-wives-should-be-certified?src=main

I just found this on Google news.  I guess the deadbeats are making some people take note.

Don't you already have to get a legal capacity to marry certificate? If you want to  bring  them to the US,  USEM is going to require all of the things the bill proposes.

Don't you already have to get a legal capacity to marry certificate? If you want to  bring  them to the US,  USEM is going to require all of the things the bill proposes.

sure and liquid 250,000 us...???   i guess they can just stay and marry a trike driver and live the good life

• Like 8

Surely she jests.  That is preposterous.

getting married for many is the only way to hit middle class 

• Like 1

Another case of a politician wanting to make a name for themselves.

I suspect this bill will not see light of day as the core proposals are already in place.

Looks like anyone who is not employed or working is going to have to start and give up their retirement lol, what a joke

• Like 1
MarinePride

oh   stage one get a foreigner with 250,000 Liquid assets  stage two get him to visit ... stage 3 get married .... i would like to see a law that Forces guys who get girls PG to support their children  now that is a great law 

deadbeats ???  compared to who and what ?   Before i married my wife she lived on 5,000 peso a month and free food and raised 4 children ,, while her x and his mistress lived on much more how about putting some teeth in child support laws

As usual, all laws, proposed or already in effect, entrap the many because of the bad actions of a few.  Lots of cases where a Filipina gets to another country via marriage and is abused or killed by the husband, for whatever the reason.  Some of the local lawmaker apparently are taking note of it, thats' all.

Interesting - in the link provided (MDCtm ME LOCAL below in comment section) a real (???? individual) made the following comment "Face it, millions of aliens on the streets lingering around looking for 9-17 year old victims. They are usually in their 50-80 years old. What in hell are they doing with 17 years old in Ermita and Malate area"  Note "In 2012, the Philippines recorded 4.27 million tourist arrivals".  By the misplaced logic of this individual ALL the tourists who arrived are looking for 17 and under companionship.  As to what they are doing in Ermite and Malate- the same thing filipino guys are doing there!  Check out the link and follow the poster takes you to a site with some real (???) comments - this person really seems to hate anyone who is NOT filipino. Good for a laugh until I thought this might be a real person with this mind set!  I do like the comment above about putting teeth into child support laws and MAKE the locals who have kids and abandon them pay!

Edited by passingby

Fat chance. Isn't this the crazy lady that Pnoy sent soldiers to remove from her office?

• Like 2

As usual, all laws, proposed or already in effect, entrap the many because of the bad actions of a few.  Lots of cases where a Filipina gets to another country via marriage and is abused or killed by the husband, for whatever the reason.  Some of the local lawmaker apparently are taking note of it, thats' all.

well i have meet 3 here in phoenix that married older guys and dumped them one only weeks after getting her permanent green card and one after 5 years of marriage then she fell in love with her neighbors SON...  and more then a few guys have also been killed after getting married its a screwed up world but i would say 90% of the time it works out well for these marriages 

Fat chance. Isn't this the crazy lady that Pnoy sent soldiers to remove from her office?

you mean gwen the gov. who was removed and is now a congresswomen ?

For those unable to cut&paste:

Foreigners seeking Filipino wives 'should be certified'

Sep 14, 2013 (Menafn - The Manila Times - McClatchy-Tribune
Information Services via COMTEX) --*

Male foreigners should be certified unmarried, of good moral
character and of good employment standing before marrying Filipino women, a
lawmaker said on Friday.

Rep. Gwendolyn Garcia of Cebu made the proposal under her House
Bill 2387 or an Act amending Article 66 of the Civil Code of the Philippines in
order to prescribe additional requirements for male citizens or subjects of a
foreign country desiring to marry a Filipino woman.

Garcia noted that not a few of male foreigners' motive for
marriage is to exploit Filipino women by making them work and worse, by forcing
them to prostitution and other degrading and dehumanizing occupation--done thru
mail-order scheme, Facebook, and other social networking sites--has not only
caused untold misery and sufferings to Filipino women but also brought dishonor
and disgrace to Filipino womanhood.

Under Garcia's proposal, a male who is not of Filipino
citizenship would need to secure certification of legal capacity, of good moral
character and a proof that he has a gainful trade, business or employment, to be
issued by his diplomatic or consular official, before a marriage license can be
obtained.

"We are all aware of incidents that some foreigners who come to
the Philippines to marry Filipino women are vagabonds or social and moral
derelicts in their own country whose real motive is only to take advantage and
exploit our women. The proposed requirements, in addition to the usual
certificate of legal capacity, will protect our women from these undesirable
foreigners," Garcia, the former Cebu governor, said in a statement.

Garcia's bill has been referred to the House Committee on
Revision of Laws chaired by Rep. Marlyn PrimiciasAgabas of Pangasinan.

Another case of a politician wanting to make a name for themselves.

I suspect this bill will not see light of day as the core proposals are already in place.

Looks like anyone who is not employed or working is going to have to start and give up their retirement lol, what a joke

Have to agree with this.  Apparently Gwen isn't getting enough attention lately so she has to come up with something that will get the Filipino juices bubbling and her name in the newspapers.  An anti-foreigner bill is a good way to start.

• Like 3
Majorsco

Maybe the reverse should also apply and the foreigner should also get a certificate of good moral character.  I have known filipinas who only married a guy to get to the US, then divorce him and take what they can in the divorce.  I know of one, that not only has one child admitted to a prior marriage, but actually has three.  Two from her original marriage to a Filipino, which the new husband (Australian in this case) is unaware, and the one child that was admitted is to a man, not her original husband.  What would Rep Garci say to this?

• Like 2