Sign in to follow this  
Jimone

Public markets

Jimone

I am wondering what the standard of the public market is in different areas, the markets I have been to around Mactan I have found to be dirty and smelly. A few years ago we went to visit my wife's sister who was living in Tanjay on Negros with an American guy called Mark, sure some of you would know him as he has been living in Cebu for many years, was into cock fighting and lending money while in Cebu.. Any how, I went to the public market there with my wife's sister expecting the same as the other markets I have been to , both in the Philippines and Cambodia and other such places but was very pleasantly surprised.  

The whole place was immaculately clean and almost order free, all the fresh fish and chicken etc was packed in ice and counter tops clean as a whistle. The vendors were very friendly and not pushy at all, we git some very fresh tune cut into steaks along with some chicken and veges to have for dinner and was all fresh and tasted great. There was no rubbish around, even the rest of the town seemed litter free and clean, all in all a refreshing change to what I had experienced so far.

So I am wondering about other areas markets, both good and bad.....

• Like 1

shadow

I am wondering what the standard of the public market is in different areas, the markets I have been to around Mactan I have found to be dirty and smelly. A few years ago we went to visit my wife's sister who was living in Tanjay on Negros with an American guy called Mark, sure some of you would know him as he has been living in Cebu for many years, was into cock fighting and lending money while in Cebu.. Any how, I went to the public market there with my wife's sister expecting the same as the other markets I have been to , both in the Philippines and Cambodia and other such places but was very pleasantly surprised.  

The whole place was immaculately clean and almost order free, all the fresh fish and chicken etc was packed in ice and counter tops clean as a whistle. The vendors were very friendly and not pushy at all, we git some very fresh tune cut into steaks along with some chicken and veges to have for dinner and was all fresh and tasted great. There was no rubbish around, even the rest of the town seemed litter free and clean, all in all a refreshing change to what I had experienced so far.

So I am wondering about other areas markets, both good and bad.....

Tanjay, Bais, and Dumaguete markets are some of the cleanest I have been in.

• Like 2

hyaku

Not too good here in Biliran. They raised the concrete to make the drainage channels deeper around the wet market. But the people have no cleanliness values. They just throw stuff down and spit everywhere. I make sure my feet are well covered in there, no sandals. Fish I will buy. I slaughter my own meat. Buy it in first then keep in for a few weeks to clean it up with good food.The chopping blocks in the market are quite bad. Go in the market at night and I've seen dogs sleeping on them.

• Like 1