Proper usage

JSL-USMC

JSL-USMC

I am writing an article about the presidency of the United States

Need some help on the word usage for describing obama. Since the press has continued to use the expression of "White  Hispanic" in regards to Zimmerman, the guy in Florida who used a firearm in self defense. Is it proper to refer to obama as a white Negroid or possibly a black Caucasian.

The article entitled "Our Syrian Cousins" is coming along nicely and I hope to publish it here in LICF in the near future.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you may give

Perplexed,

BGG

I am writing an article about the presidency of the United States

Need some help on the word usage for describing obama. Since the press has continued to use the expression of "White  Hispanic" in regards to Zimmerman, the guy in Florida who used a firearm in self defense. Is it proper to refer to obama as a white Negroid or possibly a black Caucasian.

The article entitled "Our Syrian Cousins" is coming along nicely and I hope to publish it here in LICF in the near future.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you may give

Perplexed,

BGG

dont quit your day job 

• Like 1

How about leaving out nationality and sticking to the words'mixed race". What has nationality got to do with it when you are raised in another country/countries? Not that it applies to President Obama but you can be born in a hospital in one country and be raised in another. That's partly what moulds ones characters and outlook on life.

What's a LINCLON? Lol Better learn to spell and write Ingurish before you write the article.

Edited by hyaku
JSL-USMC

What's a LINCLON? Lol Better learn to spell and write Ingurish before you write the article.

Well this stupid computer can't spell Lincoln. I am not sure what a LINCLON is. Thanks for pointing taht out to me

Lol I know just joking. I put in kang kong just now and got "language king. A LINCLON? Probably me for spending too much time on LinC.

Lol I know just joking. I put in kang kong just now and got "language king. A LINCLON? Probably me for spending too much time on LinC.

JSL-USMC

I had a really nifty reply  to hyaku in regards to the Japanese word "ingurish" But we had a "brown out" and I lost it.

Gomen Nasai

Knowdafish

How about a black Kenyan, since that is what he is?

I though he was only half black?

Lol it's sounding Japanese. Friend had his child at a Jpn kindergarten called a harufu (half). He said, "Half? Which half, top or bottom? Excuse me but my child is of mixed race".

A_Simple_Man

I cannot say for sure if it is proper usage but if you Google 'Caramel People' you see a pic of Obama

• Like 1

I gave up on trying to convince others he was only half black. So, he's a black man now - a black Kenyan, seated in the office of the Presidency of the United States. 

I cannot say for sure if it is proper usage but if you Google 'Caramel People' you see a pic of Obama

You have too much time on your hands, you know that? :D