Beach options? (30-45 minutes from City City)

Dash

I am arriving in the Philippines in about 2 months and was trying to lock down my best options for quick beach trips within 30-45 minutes of Cebu City. 

So far I have Portofino on Mactan as a good choice. Seems that has a 100p fee though. Not too much I suppose. What are my best options that are either free or moderately priced? 

Thanks

blaze pontaine

100 pesos entrance fee is the minimum for any resort on Mactan.  There's a few pinoy-style beaches with karaoke rentals in Talisay and Consolacion, although I wouldn't swim in the water. 

Don't get your hopes up.    You should set your range at about 2 - 3 hours rather than 30 minutes.     

• Like 1

Don't get your hopes up.    You should set your range at about 2 - 3 hours rather than 30 minutes.     

I have no hopes. I am simply looking for the best beaches (if the best is shit so be it, ill go to the best of the shit) within 30 - 45 minutes from Cebu City. 

A place to go for a few hours and relax and swim. Doesnt have to be white sand and crystal clear water, although I would prefer the closest to that so long as the price wasnt obscene. 

Davaoeno

if the best is shit so be it, ill go to the best of the shit

with that attitude you will be happy for sure !     But pls do yourself a favor and make at least one trip to a nice beach - which as stated will be not be near the city .  

A stated the best beaches will be out in the provinces. But living on Mactan I often go to local beaches because its a lot more convenient for an afternoon soak.

Ocean Pearl has some nice little coves to swim in, no sand,  entrance fee is p50, and its pretty clean.

Hadsan Beach Resort is either p50 or p100(I forget), isn't as clean as Ocean Pearl, but has sand and usually isn't too crowded.

Kawayan Resort (right next to Hilton) is like p50 entrance, doesn't have a beach, but you can rent snorkeling gear and kayaks, and the water is usually empty.

Parkers is dirty but has no entrance fee and you can rent out kayaks and pumpboats to go island hopping.

There are various other small local places that I don't recall the name of offhand. Some are dirty, some are clean. Some charge entrance, some don't.

What we typically do is rent a kayak from Parkers for p150/hr, then paddle down the coast. You can find various empty areas to enjoy the water within 30mins of slow paddling.

If you want clean, sandy, easy to find, fairly cheap, and caters to foreigners then Puerto Fino might be your best bet.

with that attitude you will be happy for sure !     But pls do yourself a favor and make at least one trip to a nice beach - which as stated will be not be near the city .  

Not sure ill be happy, but it will do lol

Def. I plan on visiting atleast 2 of these islands 

• Bohol Island

• Moalboal Beach

• Bantayan Island

• Malapalscua Island

I was just looking for a quick preferably nice place to go for a few hours during the day. 

Edited by Dash
A_Simple_Man

You can get to Compostela, Cebu in 35 minutes if you go very early on a Sunday morning or at 2 am any day.  During peak hours it may be more like 4 hours.  Perhaps you can see that using time as a reference is not going to work for you.

Google Comppstela Cebu Beach Resorts for options.  Stakili is one that I like.  Last time I went it was 60 peso entrance fee and an extra hundred if you want to use the fresh water swimming pool (which is a nice one).  But that price is 3 years old so be warned.

I would agree with Hadsan (Poor Man's) Beach. Or, take a drive south, oh, to about Argao. Getting out of the city for the day may be a good thing. 

udonthani

water quality improves faster as you go north, rather than south. Argao is the first place southwards I would venture into the water and even there it is not brilliant. And that is likely to be 2 hours on a bus during busier times!

heading north is better. By the time you get to about Compostela the sea is getting to be well, not perfect, but just about bearable. Like Stakhili, already mentioned by A_Simple_Man. Or Green Lagoon, another 2km north. What I have often done is stay in the Compstela pension house for 600 and if I want to take a swim in the sea go to the Green Lagoon, where this is also pools. Their entrance fee is only low, 20-50 pesos if memory serves and they waive even that if you are going to eat a meal in the restaurant. Like most of these kind of places it is dead in the week, but can be heaving on the weekends, especially holiday weekends.

• Like 1

Stakili was a bit old and tattered looking the last time I was there. Have they done anything with it?

Pricewise, I would think it would be suitable for blaze, though.

udonthani

when I was staying in Compostela the choice of half decent restos nearby that you could rely on to actually have any food in stock was was either Stakhili or Green Lagoon. Some of those foreign resorts around there seem to get so few customers, that they do not bother to even keep the restaurant going.

Green Lagoon is maybe a touch better, they revamped and upgraded it a couple of years ago. Not much of a beach though. Unlike Stakhili it is rocky.

So its settled, 

Portofino is my best option close to Cebu City with whiteish sand and clearish water without a huge fee.