Sign in to follow this  
blaze pontaine

20,000 Php reward for whoever can find me a beach resort with these requirments

POTATOMAN

Don't worry. I wasn't trying to (nor did I want to) steal your recommendation (and reward if he chooses Anika). You just hadn't given much information about Anika that might make him want to stay there...so I gave him more information. I agree with you that Anika is definitely worth recommending. I think it's nice that Blaze is posting a reward for a resort recommendation, but I give recommendations free of charge if I know of a place that meets the person's requirements.

:biggrin_01:

CHEAPER rooms at anika are tiny, think you would go crazy 

• Like 1

fred42

Try Cabilao island in Bohol.. Resorts like this can be busy at times but not that often because of the unusual  island location here in Bohol ....Beaches are whiter than Micheal Jacksons teeth (whilst alive).and Im sure that deals can be done.. Been to both places myself for day trips only as we live on Panglao island..

Thoroughly recommend.

.http://www.laestrella.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100&Itemid=41〈=en

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1072128-d1167104-Reviews-Polaris_Beach_and_Dive_Resort-Cabilao_Island_Bohol_Province_Visayas.htmlV

x.gifReviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first visit to Polaris, but definitely not our last. The staff were absolutely delightful and I felt like we were leaving family when we left. The food was great - the choice is wonderful (our kids put it as 'the best food in all our travels'). Truly it doesn't get any better than this resort. We felt...

Edited by fred42

mrlondon

you can get one of those element things that is supposed to heat up small amounts of water for cups of coffee. Some of them are really effective, 

Do you mean an "electric kettle" !?  Yorkshire is famous for tea... and I know we have an electric kettle in every house in the south east... so you must have at least a few up there in the hills!

ILoveCyrus

Another requirement: NO men is speedos on premises.... PLEASE...!!!

cheesemiz

Ken Oath

http://kapuluanvistaresortandrestaurant.com/

PhilAm owner, the price may be a bit high but ask them for a deal.....

It's a lovely part of the world with great beaches

cheesemiz

Abaca Boutique Resort and Restaurant,

Nailon Beach Sugar BeachResort Sayaw Beach  

Kalumpang Beach Resort,, Hidden Beach,,Tingko Beach,,Cebu Club FortMed,Las Flores Country Guest House and Restaurant

Movenpick Resort and Spa Cebu,Cordova Reef Village Resort,Carnasa Island Beach,Malapascua Exotic Island Dive Resort,Blue Corals Beach Resort,SLAM's Garden Diving Beach Resort,Villa Meling Beach Resort,Dalaguete Beach Park,Ocean Bay Beach Resort,
Coco Palms Resort Danao,El Salvador Beach Resort,Be Resort,Blue Reef Mactan Island Resort,Cebu White Sands,Costabella Tropical Beach Resort,Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan,Imperial Palace Waterpark Resort and Spa,Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort,Pacific Cebu Resort,Plantation Bay Resort and Spa,Shangri La Mactan Resort and Spa,Tambuli Cebu Beach Club,Vista Mar Beach Resort and Country Club,Club Serena Beach Resort,Dolphin House Beach Resort,Hale Manna Beach Resort and Coastal Gardens,HK Beach Resort Basdako,Sampaguita Beach Resort,Savedra Beach Resort,Turtle Bay Dive Resort,George and Jimmy's Whalewatching Resort and Restaurant,Masters Resort Cebu,Tauhai Garden Beach Resort and Spa,Casa Del Mar Resort Hotel,Hagnaya Beach Resort,
  • South Cebu Pulchra Resort

mrlondon

http://kapuluanvistaresortandrestaurant.com/

PhilAm owner, the price may be a bit high but ask them for a deal.....

It's a lovely part of the world with great beaches

That's on the tip of Luzon. 2,700 / night? Hm! Take me to Johans beach resort in Subic for 700/night!

samatm

Bump:    Did we have a winner here Mr. Blaze ? 

ILoveCyrus

The beach resort I've spent alot of time at the past 5 years has new ownership and will now focus on Korean package tourist divers, needless to say i'm looking for a new resort.

Whoever first mentions the name of the resort where I end up laying my head will receive a 20,000 peso reward.  I've ran 2 USD/PHP contests where the winners received dinner at ayala and I used to have a hotel discount program through this forum.  Basically what i'm saying, I'm good for the money, I will Paypal it and post a trip report about my stay. 

You will probably think some of my requirements are strange, but we all have our idiosyncratic preferences. None of my requirements are absolute, and of course I expect to pay more for higher quality. 

Time:

2-3 month stay in 2014

On the beach, in the Visayas. The room/cottage/nipa hut must be within 20 meters of the sand.  Its ok if I have to walk down some stairs but I don't want to have  to cross a street or walk any distance to reach the sand and water. 

I prefer small islands like Bantayan, Siquior, Camotes, Camiguin, Moalboal, Guimaras, Panglao and of course Boracay.  I'm not opposed to mainland places in the Visayas if they are good.  Sorry, can't do Palawan.

Beach Quality:

I know resorts with premium white sugar sand are going to cost more.  As long as the beach is sandy - not rocky or muddy - it will be good enough.  Also, I don't want a beach that has alot of seagrass or seaweed.  Most importantly, please no beaches where I need to walk 500 meters out at low tide to reach water. 

Ownership:

Must be owned by a foreigner who is always present at the resort.  Preferably American, but Germans, Aussies, and Brits are ok too.  

Resort size:

5-30 rooms.  Anything smaller and it feels like i'm staying at someone's house, anything bigger and large groups of European divers tend to stampede through the resort in Speedos every now and then.

Room type:

An ocean view isn't necessary, neither is a TV, aircon, or daily housekeeping.  What I do need is a refridgerator, Wifi, and a private CR with a hot shower. 

Restaurant:

Must have a nice restaurant on site with a good selection of western food.  Many smaller resorts with restaurants have menus where most of the food is OSS (out of stock sir) - especially in the slow season.  I plan to eat half my meals at the resort restaurant, so a tasty restaurant with an in stock menu is very important. 

Price:

If a room costs 2k per night, it is usually about 30k per month.  There seems to be a standard 50% reduction for monthly stays, assuming cash is paid up front.  My budget for rent is 15-20k per month.  Also, I would like to negotiate with the resort owner (which is why I prefer foreigners) for a further discount if I spend 15-20k per month at the resort restaurant.  If the resort has a diveshop even better, I would spend another 15-20k per month diving. 

For example, a room that is 2k per night and 30k per month, I would offer the owner 45k up front for a month.  15k for the room, 15k credit in the restaurant, and 15k credit for diving. 

Something along these lines would be great, give or take a few thousand pesos.  Some resorts wouldn't accept my offer when busy, but during the slow season its possible.

Out of the thousands of Visayan resorts, there must be a few dozen that meet my requirements.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Try CORDOVA REEF on Mactan.....  give it up.  Where's my cash prize...???

Irenicus

Try CORDOVA REEF on Mactan.....  give it up.  Where's my cash prize...???

It seems as if Mr. Ponataine has left the building.

Davaoeno

did he pay the 20,000 first ??

• Like 2

RPretire?

I hope nobody recommended Bohol or Leyete.. (lately)...  Maybe he is doing a RECON of a few potential canidates and will have a winner soon?

goldote

I hope nobody recommended Bohol or Leyete.. (lately)...  Maybe he is doing a RECON of a few potential canidates and will have a winner soon?

He could find some great 'rush sales' near Tubigon.

Especially if he likes jig saw puzzles.

Can't blame him if he ran away.

• Like 1

Ken Oath

That's on the tip of Luzon. 2,700 / night? Hm! Take me to Johans beach resort in Subic for 700/night!

Yeah but there are no waves in Subic