Sign in to follow this  
blaze pontaine

20,000 Php reward for whoever can find me a beach resort with these requirments

Scruffydog

someone suggested this place one time and I bookmarked it because it is on the main island

http://www.woodruffs-beachresort.com/english/index.htm

I don't  think  the beach maybe exactly what you are looking  for, but it looks great otherwise

I am thinking of going for awhile in march

Plantation Bay was  nice but  i  think a month there would break me.Also there were lots of very very  rude Koreans there. Almost got ran over by strollers twice

mrlondon

Well, I see that mrlondon already mentioned it (almost as an afterthought) in his post, 

Oi ! Anika's was no afterthought. It was number 1 in my post! :)

At the restaurant: try the fish. It was super. 200 pesos for a huge whole fish with garlic and herbs. Mwah!

Their halo halo is the best I've tried too.

http://drillshackresort.com/

check this out...My USA diver friend has been staying there on and off for 2 years..Close to some great dive shops,sites,and within walking distace to 3 bars and Restos and 15 min jeepney ride to a great little ,foriegner friendly' city (Dumaguete)..good luck..Miguel

I think a lot of people forgot about the fridge requirement. That's often the one thing you don't find at low cost beach places in PI. Place looks great though.

• Like 1

blaze pontaine

A room with a fridge isn't mandatory.  If need be, I could go buy a small one for 4000 and pay an extra 1000 a month for electricity. 

udonthani

A room with a fridge isn't mandatory.  If need be, I could go buy a small one for 4000 and pay an extra 1000 a month for electricity. 

a fridge would cost you nowhere near 1000 a month for electricity, even in the Philippines, although I am sure a lot of Filipinos would believe that it would.

wherever you are, even in the province and especially if you are by the sea, ice is usually always available for only 1 peso a tube in the province. Fishermen can need it to help keep their catches fresh for when they get to market. I also always have a cool bag, not as good as a cool box to keep things cool, but you can use a cool bag as a conventional bag as well. I used to regularly drive on a bike for three hours in the sun from one place to another with a cool bag containing stuff like butter that would have just liquidised without ice and it being in a cool bag. If you are staying in one place for a quite long period, a cool box is of better than cool bag though. That is just like a fridge, except you have to keep loading it with like 5 tubes of 1 peso ice every 12 hours or so.

blaze pontaine

Good point whippy.  I guess I don't really need a fridge.  I don't need a hot shower either, but I do need a warm shower!!

Headshot

Oi ! Anika's was no afterthought. It was number 1 in my post! :)

At the restaurant: try the fish. It was super. 200 pesos for a huge whole fish with garlic and herbs. Mwah!

Their halo halo is the best I've tried too.

Don't worry. I wasn't trying to (nor did I want to) steal your recommendation (and reward if he chooses Anika). You just hadn't given much information about Anika that might make him want to stay there...so I gave him more information. I agree with you that Anika is definitely worth recommending. I think it's nice that Blaze is posting a reward for a resort recommendation, but I give recommendations free of charge if I know of a place that meets the person's requirements.

:biggrin_01:

MikeMS

Kookoo's nest fits all your requirements. It's located at Bonbonon bay in the southern tip of Negros. It has its own sandy beach. Where u can watch beautiful sunsets. It has several cottages that have sea views. It's owned by a British couple one of which is a chef for a rock band in England (Food is excellant). They have there own dive a shop. It's about 45 minutes to dumaguette. It's in a nice area that's pretty laid back. They do get a few expats in the area who r sailing through and stop at the bay. 2-3 bars in the area that are also foreigner owned. The price seems to be in your ballpark as well. You can't beat this place.

http://www.kookoosnest.com.ph/cottages.html

blaze pontaine

Kookoo's nest is a great little spot that would be perfect but sadly the owner wouldn't budge on a monthly discount when I talked to her last year. 

I will be in Siaton in a few months so I will ask her again.

All the suggestions so far have been quite helpful.

Edited by blaze pontaine

udonthani

I'm not all that surprised she wouldn't budge much at Kuckoo's. They have very few rooms and the place has such a good reputation (and deserved) I would have thought they have quite high occupancy rates. You could try Nigel's Tongo Sail Inn just across the bay, although it is not as nice a spot as Kuckoo's it is still not bad. He might be more amenable to giving a discount. Usually monthly discounts amount to about 23 or 24 days. So an 800 per night place should normally go for about 18,000 or 19,000.

lamoe

Blaze, thanks for post. Have bookmarked it for future reference.

Are you from Chicago? Knew a guy who graduated in 66, used same first name.

I fly dual and quad line stunt kites - 2 1/2 meters. Banned from most beaches here from 8 am to 6 pm during summer. CA has specific areas set aside for us.

Anyone seen any other flyers? On land not on boards.

Apologize, found kite post under hobbies thread.

Edited by lamoe

udonthani

you can get one of those element things that is supposed to heat up small amounts of water for cups of coffee. Some of them are really effective, if expensive certainly compared to a fridge (which as you know is known as a 'ref' in Filipino speak). Those element water heater things are expensive if you are the one paying for the electricity, especially the good ones, that heat water, even quite large amounts, very quickly. So easy to do a big bucket of warm water and then shower with a smaller bucket. You can just forget about the shower faucet completely and still take a warm shower or as Filipinos would usually say, a bath.

Good point whippy.  I guess I don't really need a fridge.  I don't need a hot shower either, but I do need a warm shower!!

lynnstec

Hi.. Have you heard of Club Serena in Moalboal? Im not really sure who the owner is but they have great shoreline, we usually stay in a Filipino owned resort right next to it but considering your needs, maybe it would be better for you to be at Club Serena..

Also I've tried staying at Bamboo oriental beach in Bantayan island.. Very nice staff, european restaurants are just a walk away, nice place, beautiful rooms and bathroom.. I dont know how much they cost now, they said it's cheaper if you're a walk in than booking from the internet. :)

mistaeric

Blaze, thanks for post. Have bookmarked it for future reference.

Are you from Chicago? Knew a guy who graduated in 66, used same first name.

I fly dual and quad line stunt kites - 2 1/2 meters. Banned from most beaches here from 8 am to 6 pm during summer. CA has specific areas set aside for us.

Anyone seen any other flyers? On land not on boards.

Apologize, found kite post under hobbies thread.

Blaze a graduate in 1966? I doubt it if Blaze was born in 1966!! He's a young looking dude man! :dance:

udonthani

Moalboal I know somewhere that is 700 for an apartment with fully equipped kitchen, fridge, cable tv hot shower etc but that is minus the aircon price. I think the monthly price is around 15,000. This is not beach facing but it is 1 min walk to a rocky beach with the coral only 50 meters out. There are a number of permanent kano residents here so a downside is that the place does rather resemble a Madame Tussaud's type waxworks when they are all sitting on their porches. PM me if you are interested.

• Like 1

TorJay

Kookoo's nest is a great little spot that would be perfect but sadly the owner wouldn't budge on a monthly discount when I talked to her last year. 

I will be in Siaton in a few months so I will ask her again.

All the suggestions so far have been quite helpful.

I emailed the owners the other day inquiring about Dec - Feb and got their response today.  Here it is:

"Hi Jason.

We do not offer weekly or monthly rates as that is during our high season......
I hope we will see you during your visit. please get back to me when you have some dates sorted.
Thankyou.
Nikki+Jamie"