Sign in to follow this  
blaze pontaine

20,000 Php reward for whoever can find me a beach resort with these requirments

ThomsonJr

you are implying that Blaze is a dishonest scammer !! Thats a pretty harsh assessment of someone you have never met . I think you owe him an appology

I never said he's a scammer. Where did you read that? Anyway don't quote me anymore if its to make drama. Blaze most likely knows who I am, and I know who Blaze is, and I have nothing bad to say about him at all.

And FYI, that was a friendly poke, not an accusation. Get a life. Also don't assume that all members here have never met.

I would help him for free if I knew a place that fits all his requirements, and I would suggest others to do the same. That's what this forum is for, right? Sharing experiences and giving each other advice, for free.

Edited by ThomsonJr

Paul

Why even bother talking about giving 20,000 pesos while you're most likely not going to send them? Is that an American bluffing trick?  

Emoticons, to show you are poking fun, are your friend. Try them next time, because I read your post the same way. By the way, I have known Blaze, on a personal basis, for a number of years. And, if anyone were to question it because of the above quoted text, I can say he has always done exactly as he stated he would do, regarding any dealings I, and others I know, have had with him.

Now, back to the topic.

Blaze, I forget the name of the place on the other side of Negros, where Larry (shadow) and Rony (his wife) used to go. Send him a PM. I would suggest there. Definitely remote, though.

ThomsonJr

OK well it does look a bit weird as a post, but so is a 20K reward for just sharing the address, tel number and website of a resort, better keep the 20K for yourself and higher up your budget, and stay in a more expensive resort instead of giving it away like that. Anyway, not my business but 25K instead of 15-20K might actually get you a nicer room in a maybe much nicer resort.

Edited by ThomsonJr

udonthani

Das Leight Haus is right on top of the almost powdery white sand beach at Esperanza beach (Pacijan ; there is another ESperanza on Poro) on the Camotes. The main part was built ages ago but they were building some new bungalows right on the beach when I was last there in December. That is well within your price range, they were still under construction but they told me they would be looking for 1000 a night for them. Absolutely superb beach facing location. However I am pretty sure they would accept 800. I have their phone number if you would like to PM for it if you want to find out more from them.

Knowdafish

http://www.bahura.com/

Dauin, Negros Oriental

The protected marine sanctuary is located right in front of it, and the great diving at Apo island is only 1/2 hour away by banka. 

It is foreign owned.

It may be out of your price range though. 

Contango

Cocobana Resort, Malapascua Island meets all your requirments, German owed and operated, 20 odd rooms, White sand beach front, great restro on the beach (sand in the toes) non A/C beach nipa for around 2000P per night..im very apprehensive about posting local links on this site so here is a youtube vid.

~

Edited by Contango
  • Like 1

mrlondon

Blaze:

I can suggest 2 resorts, both are Bantayan Island.  Actually they are next to each other.

Both are actually on the beach. Beautiful white sand. Both have a good restaurant (I ate at both, and viewed the rooms of both, but only stayed at the 2nd one).

Step out either rooms, at you are on sand. In the AM, water is high and you can go from bed to sea in a few metres. At low tide, water is a bit further away, but that's the deal all over Bantayan Island.

1. Anika's resort

http://www.anikaislandresort.com/rates.html

P 1,750 / night

The staff were very good and cute. The older reception lady looked a bit disspointed when I didn't check in, but still held my bags while I ate at the restaurant with my girlfriend and while I went to Beach Placid.

2. Beach Placid resort

http://www.beachplacidresort.com/rooms

The rates on the website are total nonsense. I paid 1,200 for the beachfront "native cottage" (native cottages are the cheapest). However, after asking about lowering the price, and agreeing to 1 week, I was offered a back native cottage for 800 pesos per night, I said i did. Both had en suite shower bath rooms, and the 1200 rate included breakfast for 2 people. (800 - no breakfast and no aircon. But i have a feeling they might have kept aircon on if i hadn't volunteered for it to be off). Mind you, that was "low" season. (July).

Only downside, beach placid has no fridge in the room. And the cheap room at Anika's didn't either. I think.

3. There was also "White Beach Bungalos" on the island, different area (south west of Santa Fe). This one, the owner is on site for sure. I met him. He is a bit odd, but he's German and seems to have a good heart. 
2k per night for a 2 room cottage. Good value for the size. I forget if there was a kitchenette/fridge or not, but there must have been... the bungalow was really big. Dunno if there was a restaurant, I just popped in to take a look.

Edited by mrlondon

blaze pontaine

I never said he's a scammer. Where did you read that? Anyway don't quote me anymore if its to make drama. Blaze most likely knows who I am, and I know who Blaze is, and I have nothing bad to say about him at all.

Who are you?

OK well it does look a bit weird as a post, but so is a 20K reward for just sharing the address, tel number and website of a resort, better keep the 20K for yourself and higher up your budget, and stay in a more expensive resort instead of giving it away like that. Anyway, not my business but 25K instead of 15-20K might actually get you a nicer room in a maybe much nicer resort.

I would gladly pay someone 20k if they pointed me in the direction of an awesome resort that I stay at for 3 months.  Its standard practice to pay a finders fee to an agent who helps you find a place to live.  If you're willing to do it for free, great!!  Tell me, where should I stay?  There are thousands of resorts, but my requirements narrow the list down considerably. 

blaze pontaine

Staying in and having visited hundreds of resorts here I have found that management do NOT like to discount even if it is 90% empty

So true, in fact, i've seen places that raise prices when its empty.  Pinoy business logic strikes again......which is why I prefer a resort that has a foreign owner.  If a place is 90% empty, perhaps a foreigner will understand that it makes business sense to give a discount to someone who wants to stay 2-3 months, spend 20k a month at the restaurant, spend 20k a month at the dive shop, and probably spend another 20k at the bar. 

• Like 2

Headshot

Well, I see that mrlondon already mentioned it (almost as an afterthought) in his post, but I would highly recommend Anika Island Resort on Alice Beach in Santa Fe on Bantayan Island. It is a new resort, and because of that, everything is very well maintained. They have pretty much everything you asked for. The resort has a free shuttle to and from the ferry terminal. They have WIFI (but it is only in their restaurant) because of the building construction of the guest rooms. The guest rooms are all made from modified steel shipping containers, which is not conducive to WIFI in the rooms. The rooms are cool, well lit, and have A/C and TV's. Unfortunately, the cheaper rooms don't have a refrigerator, but you might be able to work something out for a long-term rental. The rooms range from 1500 to 3000 pesos a night, so I'm sure you can find something that suits your needs.

The restaurant is not large, but it has really good food. It is in a screened-in, open-air building. The resort isn't just close to the beach. It is built on the sand. As soon as you step off your front porch, you are on the sand. The beach is really nice. I have stayed there in both their cheapest room and in their most expensive room. The difference is in size and location...the most expensive rooms are larger and are facing the beach. You will not likely see any large tour groups there, but you will see small groups of friends traveling together and families. It is a quiet resort, but it has easy access to Santa Fe if you want a little more excitement.

http://www.anikaislandresort.com/

https://www.facebook.com/AnikaIslandResort

http://wowbantayan.com/wowhome/index.php?page=anika-island-resort

http://www.agoda.com/asia/philippines/cebu/anika_island_resort.html?type=2&CID=1572564&URL=http://www.agoda.com/asia/philippines/cebu/anika_island_resort.html&&cklg=1

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

TorJay

you are implying that Blaze is a dishonest scammer !!  Thats a pretty harsh assessment of someone you have never met .   I think you owe him an appology  

is there such thing as an honest scammer? LOL

ThomsonJr

Who are you?

nobody, don't worry :-)

Good luck with the resort. Shouldn't be that hard to find.

snt mig

http://drillshackresort.com/

check this out...My USA diver friend has been staying there on and off for 2 years..Close to some great dive shops,sites,and within walking distace to 3 bars and Restos and 15 min jeepney ride to a great little ,foriegner friendly' city (Dumaguete)..good luck..Miguel

• Like 2

mikewright

The beach resort I've spent alot of time at the past 5 years has new ownership and will now focus on Korean package tourist divers, needless to say i'm looking for a new resort.

Whoever first mentions the name of the resort where I end up laying my head will receive a 20,000 peso reward.  I've ran 2 USD/PHP contests where the winners received dinner at ayala and I used to have a hotel discount program through this forum.  Basically what i'm saying, I'm good for the money, I will Paypal it and post a trip report about my stay. 

You will probably think some of my requirements are strange, but we all have our idiosyncratic preferences. None of my requirements are absolute, and of course I expect to pay more for higher quality. 

Time:

2-3 month stay in 2014

On the beach, in the Visayas. The room/cottage/nipa hut must be within 20 meters of the sand.  Its ok if I have to walk down some stairs but I don't want to have  to cross a street or walk any distance to reach the sand and water. 

I prefer small islands like Bantayan, Siquior, Camotes, Camiguin, Moalboal, Guimaras, Panglao and of course Boracay.  I'm not opposed to mainland places in the Visayas if they are good.  Sorry, can't do Palawan.

Beach Quality:

I know resorts with premium white sugar sand are going to cost more.  As long as the beach is sandy - not rocky or muddy - it will be good enough.  Also, I don't want a beach that has alot of seagrass or seaweed.  Most importantly, please no beaches where I need to walk 500 meters out at low tide to reach water. 

Ownership:

Must be owned by a foreigner who is always present at the resort.  Preferably American, but Germans, Aussies, and Brits are ok too.  

Resort size:

5-30 rooms.  Anything smaller and it feels like i'm staying at someone's house, anything bigger and large groups of European divers tend to stampede through the resort in Speedos every now and then.

Room type:

An ocean view isn't necessary, neither is a TV, aircon, or daily housekeeping.  What I do need is a refridgerator, Wifi, and a private CR with a hot shower. 

Restaurant:

Must have a nice restaurant on site with a good selection of western food.  Many smaller resorts with restaurants have menus where most of the food is OSS (out of stock sir) - especially in the slow season.  I plan to eat half my meals at the resort restaurant, so a tasty restaurant with an in stock menu is very important. 

Price:

If a room costs 2k per night, it is usually about 30k per month.  There seems to be a standard 50% reduction for monthly stays, assuming cash is paid up front.  My budget for rent is 15-20k per month.  Also, I would like to negotiate with the resort owner (which is why I prefer foreigners) for a further discount if I spend 15-20k per month at the resort restaurant.  If the resort has a diveshop even better, I would spend another 15-20k per month diving. 

For example, a room that is 2k per night and 30k per month, I would offer the owner 45k up front for a month.  15k for the room, 15k credit in the restaurant, and 15k credit for diving. 

Something along these lines would be great, give or take a few thousand pesos.  Some resorts wouldn't accept my offer when busy, but during the slow season its possible.

Out of the thousands of Visayan resorts, there must be a few dozen that meet my requirements.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Check out the Coral Cay Resort in Siquijor. It's right on the beach, US owner, a small resort with a good restaurant even if the wines were from California, diving to Apo Island can be arranged from there. Has the usual amenities, pool, kayaks, hammocks on the beach, sunset bar, basic wifi etc, although the gym was a bit too basic when I was there. You'd have to check if the owner will be there during the months you will be there though, I don't think he stays there all year.

PS. I hereby irrevocably disclaim the 20,000 peso reward, but would accept a pint of Guinness at the pub that shall not be named :)

• Like 4

toshi

it's easily worth 20.000 pesos if you get 3 months ''piece of mind'' out of it... every day you are not in a place u like, the irritations quadruple with the hour..

Edited by toshi