Do you live in Poverty?

mactanfamily

Is that some kind of special hippie free range organic tofu fed halal and kosher certified chicken?

Dude, didn't you get the Walmart hint? Nothing there is special.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• broden

• Lauie

• Davaoeno

• hyaku

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You gotta have guns  or the poor people  will break into your house and steal your twinkies and frozen pizzas, chocolate milk, and soda pop.   It's called 'survival of the  un-fittest'.

I think there should be an addendum to the definition of poverty:  if you're overweight you're not in poverty.    Seriously, how could a 300 lb person be poor?  Downsize to a double cheeseburger for

We are the first nation in the history of the world to go to the poor house in an automobile. will rogers

MattFromGA

Home cooked meal costs at least $20 to make. A Big Mac costs less than $5. 

LOL - Where do you come up with those numbers?

If you spent $20 to make a home cooked meal, it would probably feed a family of 4 for two or three meals.  If they are at least 50% Filipino, make that 8 people rather than 4.

miles-high

Hahahaha... I’d rather be a multi-millionaire in pesos, worth 43 times an ordinary Joe in the US of A… :ROFLMAO:

we buy 10 pound bags of chicken quarters at walmart for 5.90

I'm assuming you're talking about frozen.

Davaoeno

when discussing poverty the old saying comes to mind " Beggars cant be chosers ! "   

Nope, they quarter the live chickens right there in the slaughter house on isle 5.

Nope, they quarter the live chickens right there in the slaughter house on isle 5.

So it's either live or frozen huh! 

So it's either live or frozen huh! 

No, but chances are if it was bought in Walmart is has been frozen at some point in its trip to the shelf. I'm sure there are some exceptions but the majority of meat products there have been.

But go on paying that 5 bucks/chicken breast.

No, but chances are if it was bought in Walmart is has been frozen at some point in its trip to the shelf. 

I'm aware of this, but my point was that the meat labeled as previously frozen (in styrofoam, on shelves) are priced differently (more) than the ones that are in bags and are as hard as rocks. That's why I commented on Broden's post because there's no way a 10 lb "not frozen" chicken quarters at Walmart would cost that cheap.

Davaoeno

But go on paying that 5 bucks/chicken breast.

I'm sure that she will  ! What difference does it make to you ?  We all have the right to splurge on the things that matter to us , and obviously Lauie has specific requirements in the chicken that she eats . 

But feel free to buy the cheapest chicken you can find !  I wont knock you for doing so . 

I'm aware of this, but my point was that the meat labeled as previously frozen (in styrofoam, on shelves) are priced differently (more) than the ones that are in bags and are as hard as rocks. That's why I commented on Broden's post because there's no way a 10 lb "not frozen" chicken quarters at Walmart would cost that cheap.

His price sounded much more realistic than the 20/meal comment.

Davaoeno

I used to have a house near Tampa and would go shopping for food there.  Sometimes the chickens were the size of small turkeys - which didnt bother me near as much as the fact that they were bright yellow !!  They were from Arkansas. 

It occurred to me on occasion that i should check if they glowed in the dark !! 

when discussing poverty the old saying comes to mind " Beggars cant be chosers ! "   

Not this beggar.

1306376250_creative_beggars_01.jpg

• Like 2

LOL - Where do you come up with those numbers?

If you spent $20 to make a home cooked meal, it would probably feed a family of 4 for two or three meals.  If they are at least 50% Filipino, make that 8 people rather than 4.

20 is cheap!!!!

A bottle of cheap red wine $18

Appetizers with salmon and avocado $4

Lemon sorbet 2 USD

Deer fillet with potatoes au gratin $25

ice cream for dessert $3

Coffee and 4 cl Jon Bertelsen Symphonie X.O. $4

Approximately $56 for a typical home cooked dinner in Norway.