ECC now after 59 days, I thought it was 6 months?

Have they changed the rules? While I believe it does not affect me since we use the Balikbayan Privilege it could affect others thus my post.

post-1-0-20048100-1379018153_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paul
Added image to post.

That picture does not load for me

Can you give another reference ?

The url is https://sphotos-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/1235908_297311947074186_336086274_n.jpg see if that works for you. 

Added the picture was there for me a minute ago and now off, so possibly the BI site is down.

Edited by Lee

Let me try it this way.

post-2331-0-38324100-1379002741_thumb.jpg

The six month one is different I was there once for 10 weeks and needed EEC they gave it to me when I extended my visa for two weeks.   They just said to me don't lose it and show it to the officer at the airport when I leave I didn't know anything about it when I extended until they handed it to me. 

Lee can you pleas downloade the page with EEClerance 10 dayes prior to fly out --its on the same facebook as the 1 you just posted--l think that will be importent to know for many of us ---thank you

If this is true it is disturbing news.  I never liked the idea of having to go to BI to receive permission to leave PI after 6 months.  That is why I always travel before 6 months are up so that I am not at the mercy of PI whether to let me leave the country or not.  Not that I have done anything wrong in PI to warrant being denied departure but I just do not feel it is morally right for PI government to decide whether I can leave or not.  So if it is true that foreigners need ECC after only 59 days (as per the letter), it is good cash grab for the government but yet one more reason things in PI, like so many things, are royally fecked up.

The letter looks official enough but can someone with first hand experience confirm whether this is true?

seaman

The page I copied was copied off the url from on the BI facebook page, so if for any reason it is in error, then it would have been they who posted it on there in error. My first post above is using their url to the image and my post number 4 was a photo of the letter. As I type this the letter is appearing in my first post also but the url in my post 3 does not seem to work, so possibly they took that letter down off their facebook page. I guess it would be best for people to check with the BI by writing to them on facebook or contacting them other ways, since the BI was the one who posted it on their facebook page and I posted it here to clarify if it was a new law or rule..

Added, since the url is dead and since I can no longer find the letter itself on the BI facebook page, I am going to guess and it is only a guess, that someone from the BI posted it in error. I am sure if it is correct then someone from the BI will post it again.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

The facebook like page for BOI is   

officialbureuaofimmigration

It would be the BI, not the BOI. Not being an ass here, just making sure it is clear.

------------

Lee, I took the image you attached in your later post, and simply attached it to the OP you made, and removed the link itself, in the OP. 

If it were removed, we can probably pretty well assume that it was uploaded in error.

• Like 1

Problem is once they find people going late to get clearance who didn't know from some remote provincial location. They will probably change it all again. Another of their sworn undertakings to promise to leave? I'm in there Monday and will post if .it's different

• Like 1

I picked up my ACR card on the 9th of September & it wasn't mentioned. Not that that's conclusive.

If its true, What next?

If its true, What next?

If it is true, it just means a hell of a lot more red tape to continue to reside in the Philippines. 

It could be worse. Expats in the Philippines could be having to meet Thailand's visa requirements. 

A_Simple_Man

Expats in the Philippines could be having to meet Thailand's visa requirements. 

You mean we would have to screw a ladyboy?   :hyper:

• Like 3
Headshot

You mean we would have to screw a ladyboy?   :hyper:

That's only an optional requirement. The other option is they screw you...   :tease:

• Like 2