Syria hacks Dumaguete

Wrye83

I know there are some members here of the same forum. Can someone verify if I am really seeing that hack or am I just going crazy.

I guess this is more a heads up for the site admins here.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrye83

• Paul

• shadow

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well i guess its better if they hack  Dumaguete  rather than using chemical weapons on Dumaguete 

It is not appropriate to attack other members of the forum.

unless you can confirm that that site does not contain any viruses trojans etc i suggest noone go there at this time 

JamesMusslewhite

??? no links ???

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to link to another forum. Thought I recall reading that somewhere in the forum rules.

Either way, I'm sure if you did a Google search for dumaguete forum you'd find the link, as I only know one forum for the city.

Davaoeno

well i guess its better if they hack  Dumaguete  rather than using chemical weapons on Dumaguete 

• Like 3

Ah, well it's gone now. I took a screen shot of the message. I'll post it once I go pay my Internet bill and get off this crap mobile Internet.

Well, if it were hacked, they got it back up pretty quick.

I know there are some members here of the same forum. Can someone verify if I am really seeing that hack or am I just going crazy.

I guess this is more a heads up for the site admins here.

?

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to link to another forum.

That forum is allowed to be linked on this site. But, even if a forum moderator asks, just PM them the link, just to make sure. You did the right thing by not posting it. 

• Like 1

Well, if it were hacked, they got it back up pretty quick.

?

That forum is allowed to be linked on this site. But, even if a forum moderator asks, just PM them the link, just to make sure. You did the right thing by not posting it. 

The site says "we are upgrading the forum, we will be back soon" now. I have a screen shot of part of the message. Something about telling your government not to get involved. It had a lot of pictures and videos of what's going on there.

Just a heads up in case they were to try the same thing here.

Gotchya.

The site says "we are upgrading the forum, we will be back soon" now. I have a screen shot of part of the message. Something about telling your government not to get involved. It had a lot of pictures and videos of what's going on there.

Just a heads up in case they were to try the same thing here.

Gotchya.

Appears the Syrians thought if they hacked the forum we would all join their cause. 

udonthani

I would be ready to bet that despite his extensive foreign education, Bashar al-Assad has never heard of Dumaguete and it will not feature on his emergency list of places to pitch up if ever he has to bail out of Damascus.

• Like 1

Appears the Syrians thought if they hacked the forum we would all join their cause.

Yep, because I'd want a bunch of old men, most with disabilities or on retirement, fighting for me. I'm curious as to why they would choose that forum.

Yep, because I'd want a bunch of old men, most with disabilities or on retirement, fighting for me. I'm curious as to why they would choose that forum.

No Clues, just going by what is posted there now;

"We had a hack on the forum for an hour or so today. The hack was done by some Syrian morons thinking we would support their cause if they broke our forum - LOL

Everything has been cleaned up and the forum software has been upgraded to latest version.

Let me know if you are having any issues.

- The Dane"

I would be ready to bet that despite his extensive foreign education, Bashar al-Assad has never heard of Dumaguete and it will not feature on his emergency list of places to pitch up if ever he has to bail out of Damascus.

The Philippines wouldn't be a bad spot to hide out. I'm sure there are plenty of guys here that have went a decade or more without ever renewing a visa.

udonthani

one would have thought that 'Syrian morons' of whatever persuasion would have their hands full elsewhere, and even if they didn't, they would not bother to fool around with a low-traffic foreigner forum concerning a small Filipino city.