Stupid visa mistake

My mate in Oz has had a torrid 12 month visa wait to take his lady back. Finally the Filipina (School teacher) got the visa approval email. She has then mistaken the date for initial entry to Australia to validate it by confusing the date of initial visa validation entry with the last entry date which is the longest time she is allowed to stay away in Philippines after first entry.

She never forwarded the confirmation email to her Aussie, instead verbally passed it on plus he was too stupid to ask her to email it....

Finally when the embassy sent it to him by snail mail, they had already booked the flights..except it had passed the initial date she had to enter Oz....He realized the mistake and now the visa has been cancelled.

So the whole process has been a gigantic waste of time and money and they have to start at square 1....

Davaoeno

well it wasnt a total loss- they learned to read the documents they get in future .  She is a teacher so she should appreciate the irony !! lol 

• Like 6

My mate in Oz has had a torrid 12 month visa wait to take his lady back. Finally the Filipina (School teacher) got the visa approval email. She has then mistaken the date for initial entry to Australia to validate it by confusing the date of initial visa validation entry with the last entry date which is the longest time she is allowed to stay away in Philippines after first entry.

She never forwarded the confirmation email to her Aussie, instead verbally passed it on plus he was too stupid to ask her to email it....

Finally when the embassy sent it to him by snail mail, they had already booked the flights..except it had passed the initial date she had to enter Oz....He realized the mistake and now the visa has been cancelled.

So the whole process has been a gigantic waste of time and money and they have to start at square 1....

OUCH

I notice some people don't read or check things my sis in law a Chinese citizen permanently living in the Philippines some years ago came to Australia for a visit on her Chinese passport also carrying a separate exit visa from the Philippines in a hard cover form of an identity document.  Curious I asked to see both documents and reading them I saw that she was only given 6 months for travel outside of the Philippines and then if she didn't renew her exit visa she would lose her permanent residency in the Philippines.    She came on a tourist visa but the Australian govt because of the Tianaman Square massacre gave her a bridging visa to stay longer while they worked out what to do with the Chinese passport holders in Australia.  Bob Hawke had said at the time no Chinese would be forced to leave Australia. 

I gave her back her documents and told her to ring the embassy (Philippines) to find out what to do about renewing her exit visa as she was in danger of losing her Philippine residency because she had told me she wanted to go back to the Philippines.   At no time did she ever look at her documents: the passport or the exit visa or read them.  Some months later I asked her how was the problem with the exit visa going and she told me she had done nothing.  Because she said she wanted to return to live in the Philippines I strongly insisted she ring the embassy and find out what she had to do as the time was running out for her and she would get a shock when going back to the Philippines to find out she would only be a tourist if allowed in. 

Later that day she came to me and said she rang the embassy and they said there would be no problem with her visa and not to worry about it, so all the family was happy and once again I was making a fuss about nothing.  I thought that there was something wrong about that and questioned her thoroughly, they do not like me doing that but I have found that they tend to get things screwed up and digging deeper into things I can find out the truth of the matter and fix things up, maybe.   They call me hard headed.  Anyway I found out she had rung the Australian Embassy and not the Philippine one.  This young woman had graduated from one of the top universities in the Philippines.   I pointed out to her the problem was with the Philippines not the Australian Government and she should ring the Philippine embassy and talk to them as she could speak Tagalog and find out what to do, again she had not looked at her documents or read them.  

Well there were tears and all sorts of recriminations because the Philippine embassy told her its too late to renew now in Australia there was not enough time she will have to return to the Philippines and renew it there.   Because she was on a bridging visa if she left Australia she would lose any possible future status and could only return as a tourist.   The good news is she studied some more became an Australian citizen and got a high paying job paying a lot of taxes, got married bought a big brand new double story house had four children and still works in a high paying job so it wasn't all bad.   She can never live permanently in the Philippines again until she retires I guess if she wants to. 

I don't know what these people think about I always read and check documents I think they are too trusting that things will work out and if not, bahala na.

• Like 4
Davaoeno

This young woman had graduated from one of the top universities in the Philippines.

As i have mentioned previously my gf has a Masters degree from a good school and has been a public school teacher for 18 years, however, the education system seems to be at such a low standard , and the attitude about continual learning so lacking, that for many their education just gives them a false sense of how much they know .

Every day i go online and read several newspapers, articles etc - as I imagine most of the members here do .  I have yet to meet a filiipino who gets much past their facebook page when they go online . Even from top universities they are poorly educated and seem to have little inclination to further their education themselves.

• Like 2

I have yet to meet a filiipino who gets much past their facebook page when they go online

Well, why would anyone even want to here? Facebook is everything......

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

The heading says Stupid Visa Mistake and I think it is fate.  After all, does Australia need more stupid people?  I have little sympathy for people who cannot follow instructions or ask questions when they do not understand.

Davaoeno

The heading says Stupid Visa Mistake and I think it is fate.  After all, does Australia need more stupid people?  I have little sympathy for people who cannot follow instructions or ask questions when they do not understand.

If they shot everyone who did something stupid there would be few people left alive - and i certainly wouldnt be one of them 

• Like 1