What interest rates are available

freeheeler

I am thinking about opening a bank account for myself when I arrive in the Philippines this January and I am curious at to what the best interest rates are at present. If I was to invest $4-5K what is the best bank to put it inot with good interest rates. I don't want anything risk, just straight forward savings/investments

Thanks

Martin

smokey
I am thinking about opening a bank account for myself when I arrive in the Philippines this January and I am curious at to what the best interest rates are at present. If I was to invest $4-5K what is the best bank to put it inot with good interest rates. I don't want anything risk, just straight forward savings/investments

Thanks

Martin

I think HSBC has a peso acct that pays 5 to 6% with no lock in .. as for dollar accts they pay less here then the US ..