Political Correctness Gone Mad

Salty Dog

• Administrator
Salty Dog

SEATTLE — A recent memo to public affairs officers at Seattle city agencies pointed out that the terms "brown bag" and "citizens" could be offensive to some.

1. You don't hear of teachers standing at the front of the class writing on the "blackboard" anymore this is now a "chalkboard". However "Whiteboards" which many classrooms now have are OK!!??

2. Nursery schools stopped singing "Baa Baa Black Sheep" instead replacing it with "Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep". Since when have Sheep been Rainbow colored!!??

3. We no longer have "Manholes" in our roads they are now "Utility Holes" so as not to be gender specific!!??

4. We no longer have "Criminals" but "Behaviorally Challenged Individuals" in our Jails!!??

5. Schools no longer have "Dinner Ladies" but have replaced them with "Midday Assistants" as if the middle of the day needs to be looked after!!??

6. Army personnel no longer "Kill the Enemy" they "Service the Target"!!??

7. Did you know that the "War Department" became the "Defense Department" so that we weren't thought to be the ones starting wars!!??

8. We don't have "Poor People living in the Ghetto" they are "Economically Challenged people in the Ethnically Homogeneous Area"!!??

9. Those of you that live in areas that have "Homeless People" actually they are "Residentially Flexible Individuals"

10. And my favorite, I must remember to replace "Fairy" with "Petite airborne humanoid with mystical powers"!!!!!!?????
  • Like 3
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salty Dog

• broden

• tom_shor

• Knowdafish

Knowdafish

The English language is being rewritten to be politically correct. Some words are omitted and new ones are added. The liberals are trying to eliminate speech that they find objectionable. They do not seem to care how long it takes or how much money it costs. They will go to (culture) war over it. They would eliminate free thought too if they could. 

• Like 1

On the PC side...All the CEO's of the large corporations had a meeting to address the ethnic jokes that were circulation around the work place.

One of the CEO's said "these ethnic jokes have to stop in the work place. There is no room for them in today's culture."

Another one spoke up and said "let's face it...we're all human and there is always going to be ethnic jokes, no matter what we do."

All agreed.

Then someone stood up and said "why don't we find an ethnic group that wouldn't be insulted by ethnic jokes"

Yes, but who asked another.

One executive stood up and said "what about the Hittites? They died off about 2000 years ago. Nobody could possibly be insulted by Hittite jokes".

"Excellent idea!" said the board director. "From now on all ethnic jokes will be Hittite jokes".

Right after that a guy in the back stood up and said "Hey, I got a Hittite joke."

The board director said "the first Hittite joke...let's hear it"

Okay, there is this Hittite named Malinowski.......

tom_shor

They obviously did not put enough bullets in him.

I agree.

• Like 1
tom_shor

The English language is being rewritten to be politically correct. Some words are omitted and new ones are added. The liberals are trying to eliminate speech that they find objectionable. They do not seem to care how long it takes or how much money it costs. They will go to (culture) war over it. They would eliminate free thought too if they could. 

You are free to think. As long as you agree with them.

• Like 1

And of course, there would be a guy from Brooklyn, a southerner, and a ridiculously naive farm kid.

Great stuff.

Well that pretty much sums up the army today. Quite a bit more southerners and ridiculously naive (stupid) farm kids though. When they used to say the "best and brightest" I'd always laugh while I was in. The army generally is the misfits and rejects of society now a days......hence my acceptance into the army.

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

If Voltaire is right, that would seem to indicate that Islam rules us.

But isn't that true of any group (avoiding the R word) that maintains there's is the only way stigmatizing other nonbelievers as not even being considered in the big picture? This, if your not one of us your going to the 'all encompassing hell'.

Lol, that's a job and a half. English is the most bastardized language on the planet. There is always someone, some group that will reword something to slightly change the meaning and call it "their own ".

I seem to be banned from the "girl in Yemen" topic - is that a bout of PC-ness or what's up?

Kabisay-an gid

I seem to be banned from the "girl in Yemen" topic - is that a bout of PC-ness or what's up?

They probably just moved the topic to the private forum.

on this forum we are not allowed to criticize Americans.  So does that mean that Americans rule over the rest of us here  ??

That only applies to me, and any American staff, and any American members, and any American guests. You can criticize anyone else here. 

Oh, remember your place. :D

Lol, that's a job and a half. English is the most bastardized language on the planet. There is always someone, some group that will reword something to slightly change the meaning and call it "their own ".

It's those damned English. They have absolutely ruined the American language. :D

• Like 1

No one was banned from the topic. I see it was hidden by another Admin. I have moved it to the DK.

No one was banned from the topic. I see it was hidden by another Admin. I have moved it to the DK.

YOU say that NOW. Pictures or it didn't happen.
  • Like 1