Re-Entry again

wingandprayer

A simple question:  Can I re-enter the Phlippines again (4th time) without a return or forwarding ticket and stay there on the 13A for a few months while I plan for my next trip?

The story behind the question:  I'm planning my return to Cebu City and am a little puzzled.  As usual, I've found conflicting information.  As usual, the more you look into something the more confused you can become, so please keep replies to this simple and use a reference when possible.

I entered the Philippines for the 1st time in 2005.  I didn't have a return or forwarding ticket and stayed on extensions until early in 2008 when I returned / visited the States for the 1st time.  I returned to the Pinas about 5 months later without a return or forwarding ticket and stayed on extensions again.  I flew  to the States again about 3 months later and stayed for about 2 months.  Again I returned to the Cebu City without a return or forwarding ticket.  My Wife and I went to Hong Kong in 2012 and I received what I think is my balakbayon stamp.  That stamp is now expired.

I had planned on meeting my wife in Hong Kong on my return for this trip and getting the balakbayon stamp again.  There could be a timing problem with this plan so I will most likely just plan on a return home (Cebu Ciy) and get my balakayan stamp to fit her time schedule.  Probably another quick trip to Hong Kong and back.

This will be my 4th trip to the Philippines (3rd return) and I'm guessing that I can still enter and have 3 weeks to get to the BI for the extension.  I have my marriage certificate with me and my tourist ACR card that was issued in August of 2012 and isn't considered an entry visa.

Now the odd part:  When I started looking into this a few days ago, I saw that my passport was stamped for my departure to Hong Kong and my subsequent return the next day in June of 2012.  My balakbayan stamp expired the day following my departure for this trip to the States...which I don't think means much to my question, but that's only a guess.

Oddly enough, I didn't receive a departure stamp for this latest trip nor did I get a stamp upon entry to the USA.  Very strange to me.  I waited in the lines and such, but having gone through the process several times, I didn't pay all that close attention.  It didn't help that my back was screaming in pain and I was, of course, exhausted. 

At any rate, can anyone answer the simple question?   Can I fly back to Cebu without concerns?  

Edited by wingandprayer

I can answer one part-Your wife must be entering the Philippines with you to be able to get Balikbayan stamp.From your post it doesn't seem clear that you know that.

wingandprayer

I can answer one part-Your wife must be entering the Philippines with you to be able to get Balikbayan stamp.From your post it doesn't seem clear that you know that.

Thanks Baywak,

That much is clear to me.  I'm just hoping nothing has changed and I can still enter and get the 21 day tourist visa.  I probably rambled too long.

If it's still that simple, I can buy time to do a jaunt somewhere with her and get my balakbayan stamp.

The 21 days tourist visa waiver is now 30 days (stay permit)

If you do not have an onward or return airline ticket, the airline that brings you to the philippines

will NOT let you board the airplane

What was the reference to 13a about?

A 13a is not the same as a Balikbayan stamp

What I do not understand is why op  mention 13a  and then talks about tourist visa and Balikbayan stamp

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

If you do not have a Philippine visa (other than tourism) in your passport you will likely have trouble checking in for your flight to the Philippines without an exit ticket. 

From what you described, you don't have a Philippine visa in your passport. A BB is not a visa. Also, don't compare what you did a few years ago with today. I was never asked for a return ticket on several flights out of the US in the early and mid 2000's. I arrived my first time in the Philippines on a one way ticket. Things have changed. 

• Like 1

So I have a question on this. I leave here with a return ticket and will return to get balik bayan. Do I need an ongoing ticket? If so will they sell me a ticket to be used in one years time?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

So I have a question on this. I leave here with a return ticket and will return to get balik bayan. Do I need an ongoing ticket? If so will they sell me a ticket to be used in one years time?

To be safe request clarification in writing from the airline. That is where you will have a problem.

I have had some blood pressure raising moments when I WAS in compliance with the requirements. Either I had an exit ticket or a work or resident visa. There is one airline in particular that is headhunting to sell tickets and deny boarding. Ive beenin the back office trying to remain calm as I explain to the manager on duty that his people dont know what they are talking about.

FYI - That airline is Cebu Pacific and I avoid them for international flights whenever possible.

wingandprayer

To the comments about my mis-reference I'm sorry about mentioning the 13A.  I had the wrong form running through my head.  Just a slip.  My bad.

It sounds like the safe bet is to enter with a ticket to go to Hong Kong (or anyplace out of the Philippines) with the wife and return at a later date, get the BB stamp and be done with it for a year.  I'm not giving up on doing things as I have before, but I've had so many head-aches on this trip that paranoia has set in.  Murphy's Law has laid down a heavy hand for the last 3 + months.

I'm still open to suggestions, of course.  

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

To the comments about my mis-reference I'm sorry about mentioning the 13A.  I had the wrong form running through my head.  Just a slip.  My bad.

It sounds like the safe bet is to enter with a ticket to go to Hong Kong (or anyplace out of the Philippines) with the wife and return at a later date, get the BB stamp and be done with it for a year.  I'm not giving up on doing things as I have before, but I've had so many head-aches on this trip that paranoia has set in.  Murphy's Law has laid down a heavy hand for the last 3 + months.

I'm still open to suggestions, of course.  

When I used to need an exit ticket, if one wasn't available in the 1000-1200 peso range I would buy a refundable ticket and just get my money back when I didnt need the ticket anymore. The challenge for me was always remembering to do so before the date of travel or suffer the no-show consequences.