Inventory of foreigners

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Well that's not the way it works. I've been in Asia most of my life. Living in a city with over a million. Never have I been approached in this manner by the authorities. That's why you have an ACR. People ask questions you show it! The ACR eliminates you having to keep submitting a passport and you look after it like the way it's fashioned. Like a bank card.

Isn't a passport the property of your government that you are entrusted with? In other Asian countries they have even banned fingerprinting aliens. If this country wants to keep up with the times and modernization they need to have a serious rethink. Identity theft is on the increase and criminals are getting smarter. Obviously the authorities are not.

So what are you saying? You have inalienable rights as a foreigner in the Philippines? Are you new to the Philippines? Strap yourself in, and let me tell you about some swamp land I have for sale. 

Which Asian country has banned fingerprinting aliens? I am getting my prints taken when entering more and more countries as a tourist or short stay businesss traveller! 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• Baywak

• Wrye83

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until a little girl is murdered in your area and they come looking for you because another child saw a white guy do it. You are really naive if you think collection of expat's private information won

The police have always directed the gangs towards which houses to rob in certain areas of the Phils ....that supplements their poor salaries ...never give them any information about what is inside you

I'm not demanding privacy, I'm asking for a memorandum / law / authority that is requesting private information. Giving out this information to people out of uniform with no government ID is DANGEROUS

The problem with immigration having your info and nobody else is someone can enter the country, give a fake address, then move somewhere else and live off the radar. In the meantime the authorities in their home country may have linked them to a crime(that they are now hiding from) and are looking for them.  If you don't go into BOI and renew your visa they don't really have a way to catch you unless you just happened to get in trouble for something else. 

With local police personally checking on foreigners in their area, they might be able to catch the ones that are overstaying, and perhaps hiding from authorities.

I'm fine with it as long as they are just running passport info through the system to make sure you are not overstaying/wanted. Now if they start asking for a bunch of additional, unrelated info....then I have a problem with it.

You really think the PNP has it that together-when the real criminal get's caught in Cebu it's most likely the criminal turned him or herself in or the neighbor turned them in.The PNP only catches innocent foreigners.

If it was an official form it would the PNP logo etc on the top of the letterhead. 

Really reminds me of E Joy case where they investigated most of us expats in Barili. The funny thing was none of us have a vehicle even remotely like the one used in her abduction. How were we investigated........Police assets..............

constructive commenst:

1: contact ur own country's embassy to see if this is legal

2: if you are jewish contact the Israeli embassy - I bet they will take a very dim view of this kind of initiative

3: if you have retirement visa contact the dept of tourism

4: if you're from europe contact the EU embassy if there is one in the Philippines

5: conatct a lawyer to see of its legal

though having said that they dont ask for as much info as you supply while getting a residence permit in the EU

slightly more flippant

fill in any old rubbish - ot doesnt look like you have to sign it

finally;

looks like the same scam they daily mail reported in paris under the eiffel tower.     was supposed to be a "disbaled petition" that girls wanted you ro sign

but in reality their pals picked your pockets while you were filling in the form.

be careful out there.

Edited by sperry
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

You don't last long here letting everyone know every aspect about your life. What you have and don't have is simply dangerous to let locals know. The LTO has the legal right to know and store information concerning what a drive, immigration has a legal right to know and store my visa information, spouse and children information. There are laws that can be found online that state which agency has authority to have and request such information. Provide me a law stating the police have authority to complete this questionnaire and I'll gladly comply. Just because some barangay captain or police chief chief got a wild hair up their rear does not equal compliance. If it is pushed I'll contact immigration for guidance on the issue. I doubt it will be pushed though.

Nowhere did I advocate giving anyone any information. 

You say you know where this is coming from. Care to share, or is this some shady under the table stuff that people want to keep their names hidden?

IG

Seems sketchy to me when the mayor doesn't even know what's goingon with it.

Does not surprise me at all. 

Nowhere did I advocate giving anyone any information. 

IG

Sorry, I guess I misinterpreted the grin and bear it or get out comment as comply or leave the country.

IG? That's downright scary. Why in the world would they want to know this information. Any investigations should involve warrants to obtain such information. I'm curious, are you living in the same small town as me? If not why would IG in Cebu even be remotely interested in this tiny town on a different island? This is only happening in a small area, if the IG is requesting this then they are blindly searching for suspects.

I think this has to do with a young girl that was raped and murdered and found in a field a couple months ago......DNA results came back negative and now they supposedly have no suspects. Sounds like they need someone to take the fall.

Go to your barranguy captain-give him a full inventory of everything you own.Get copies of bank accounts,investments,everything you have as money.Any and all info that has anything to do with your life over the last 20 years.Then get a police and FBI clearance from your home country.Then go to the PNP with the barranguy captain and give it to the PNP.Situation settled,once your robbed a few times-no more paranoia.I have only read a few posts by members who live in the Philippines who actually realize they are not in Mayberry.LMAO

Edited by Baywak
  • Like 1

So what are you saying? You have inalienable rights as a foreigner in the Philippines? Are you new to the Philippines? Strap yourself in, and let me tell you about some swamp land I have for sale.

Which Asian country has banned fingerprinting aliens? I am getting my prints taken when entering more and more countries as a tourist or short stay businesss traveller!

No, I'm just saying I have an ACR card. That's why we have them that's what they are for. Issued by the government so people can check up on you. We don't need untitled suspect forms. The card has a number. They check the database. They even fingerprint us for it.

Yes you will get fingerprinted as a temporary visitor anywhere. In Japan you just sign your name for ACR's

mactanfamily

I cannot believe that some of the posters here are really happy to assist with this "inventory" of expat's personal details. 

If you are so happy to fill this out and hand it back in to anyone outside of an official capacity such as a visa extension, why don't you just list the answers to all those questions right here on this forum. Would you do that? Who's to say they wont make public every form collected? So why argue that this is such a great idea?

Maybe it's the Libertarian in me and the opposite end of the political spectrum on your end where we fundamentally disagree. Some people just can't get enough of government controlling the sheeple. I came here for less intrusion into my life, not more. I do know that any government official who wants MOST of that information can go to the BOI and get it. Show me the law that demands my answers concerning my kids and phone numbers.

No I am not a guest here. I am a legal tourist in this country and I AM bound to the laws of this country, but that does not force me to divulge ANY of this information on a form thrust in my face on a whim.

I can't help but match this whole issue up with gun control in the US. It does nothing to help catch the criminals. Do you really think a criminal is going to honestly fill this out? That leaves the ones who do to pay the price of the witch hunt when it comes. 

• Like 2

Hey Mon-I love to hunt turkeys-any in dat dear swamp land ya all hav's fur sale? I ma be int-rested

Just went to PNP here. They know nothing whatsoever about inventories and tell me whatever it is it should have the PNP logo. Asking about illegal aliens the response was, "Not our problem. That's Immigration business and if necessary will come to us for assistance".

• Like 5
CardiacKid

why doesn't a member publish the form here?

It is shown on post #56 of this thread.

for those who are wiling to fil out form like this 

if you dont mind could you add this info as well and you can just do it here on the forum 

no worries 

your full name 

address 

biling address 

credit card # 

and socil security crd # 

your moms maiden name 

your bd 

if you have online banking add your log in info 

well thats it for now 

and you better comply as you are a tourist here and have no rights what so ever