Inventory of foreigners

Note typo on Name field "Family?First/Middle". Real professional. If I fill out anything it will only be the passport number. Every other field will be filled in with "Inquire with Bureau of Immigration"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• Baywak

• Monsoon

• Wrye83

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until a little girl is murdered in your area and they come looking for you because another child saw a white guy do it. You are really naive if you think collection of expat's private information won

The police have always directed the gangs towards which houses to rob in certain areas of the Phils ....that supplements their poor salaries ...never give them any information about what is inside you

I'm not demanding privacy, I'm asking for a memorandum / law / authority that is requesting private information. Giving out this information to people out of uniform with no government ID is DANGEROUS

Well tell the origin to double check for typos as this makes it look like it was drawn up by a complete moron or by someone looking to pull a fast one. They can also have a law and issuing agency who is authorizing this action written on the document. Any criminal with a computer could have made this. I also will NOT give my information to two complete strangers dressed in street cloths who come knock on my door. Send a police officer or immigration to gather data like this.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Well tell the origin to double check for typos as this makes it look like it was drawn up by a complete moron or by someone looking to pull a fast one. 

very easy:

Grin and bear it, work around it or leave...

Note typo on Name field "Family?First/Middle". Real professional. If I fill out anything it will only be the passport number. Every other field will be filled in with "Inquire with Bureau of Immigration"

Why fill out any of it then? You are just being antagonistic. 

• Like 2

very easy:

Grin and bear it, work around it or leave...

Why fill out any of it then? You are just being antagonistic.

I will work around it. I told them I was busy doing some work and I'll bring it in later. Of course "later" is up for interpretation. We all know how follow ups go here. They come in the morning and I'm never home then, everyone in the house is instructed to tell anyone at the door that I am out of town in case I am home.......unless it's the police or immigration in uniform with proper ID.

Why fill any of it out? Well because name and passport number is a reasonable request.

You don't last long here letting everyone know every aspect about your life. What you have and don't have is simply dangerous to let locals know. The LTO has the legal right to know and store information concerning what a drive, immigration has a legal right to know and store my visa information, spouse and children information. There are laws that can be found online that state which agency has authority to have and request such information. Provide me a law stating the police have authority to complete this questionnaire and I'll gladly comply. Just because some barangay captain or police chief chief got a wild hair up their rear does not equal compliance. If it is pushed I'll contact immigration for guidance on the issue. I doubt it will be pushed though.

You say you know where this is coming from. Care to share, or is this some shady under the table stuff that people want to keep their names hidden?

FYI, someone here did contact the mayor. He was unaware of the inventory and is calling a Barangay captains meeting to find out what's up. I'm sure he will speak with the police chief as well. Seems sketchy to me when the mayor doesn't even know what's goingon with it.

Edited by Wrye83

So here is the sheet they brought by my place. There a several things I don't like about this (or can understand why some people wouldn't like it).

1. There is absolutely no law stated/official document nomenclature/issuing agency listed on the paper.

2. Children? Why, so you can know who to kidnap for ransom? I'm the foreigner, not my children. Leave them out of it.

3. Visa information. I'll give you my passport number and entry stamp, if you have any further questions about my status you can go to immigration with a warrant to gather that information.

4. Descriptive information is irrelevant.

Maybe there is more, on the sheet but I can't see it while posting here.

Overall my problem with this is the danger that can come to me if some foreigner that even remotely resembles me commits a crime here. They won't investigate first, they will lock me in jail until I can prove my innocence. That can take months to years. There is no mention of photos or photocopies of passports so that's a plus as I would straight up refuse to give the police one. I think most here are familiar with a case concerning a certain young girl a couple years ago and how they went about dealing with that.

All they really need to know about me is my passport number and that I'm here legally. If my country is looking for me for a crime there they will give them my name, passport number and description/picture and from there they can start their search. Anything else is just treating me as if I'm a criminal and under investigation. Now if an immigration employee had asked for this information I would hesitate to give it out......while sitting at a desk in the immigration office. Anyone here can say "I'm with immigration" and have an ID made. We'll meet at the office.

qepe3yqu.jpg

Why not e-mail this to the BID and just ask a very simple question

"Dear sirs,

I am very suprised that the BID has devolved authority to other people claiming to be representaives of another Government agency.

I would be grateful to receive your response advising when the BID deolved such authority and does it now mean I no longer have to report and pay my annual renewal fee at your offices?" 

If you get a response that basically says 'No' to the above. Print it off and show the next guys who knock on your door. In addition you may wish to keep a list of house search protocols near your front door, just in case they do force the issue, they have to comply.

:twocents:

Skywalker

All I can say is, if you live in a foreign country you can not expect to start exercising rights or demanding any kind of privacy. Grin and bear it, work around it, or leave. Good bad right or wrong, that's just how it is. 

I can't disagree with this statement.  We are actually guests here.  So we have to jump through the hoops!

I'm not demanding privacy, I'm asking for a memorandum / law / authority that is requesting private information. Giving out this information to people out of uniform with no government ID is DANGEROUS. I'm not trying to protect my privacy, I'm trying to ensure my property and life is not being put in jeopardy. I think that is fair. I have absolutely no problem giving this information to the proper agency......which up until this point, I have thought was the LTO and Immigration.

If you want to give up your private information to any person who knocks on your door then by all means, go for it. You'll have to excuse me if I'm not so willing to give that info so freely. I've seen and heard of plenty of scams in this country. I have personally had to deal with identity fraud here.

• Like 7

I can't disagree with this statement.  We are actually guests here.  So we have to jump through the hoops!

i am not, i am husband and father, stakehoder, investor and tax payer.

• Like 1

Email sent to BI main office. Well see if I get a reply.......umm, now to the travel agency to update that soon to expire tourist visa. ;)

I think it is quite reasonable to expect some details of WHO the form is for.

It would be far too easy for someone to make up the form just to gather information for criminal purposes.

(Who to rob and how best to do it. Or selling the information for those that buy identities etc.)

It will be interesting to see what the offical response is.

• Like 1

very easy:

Grin and bear it, work around it or leave.

Well that's not the way it works. I've been in Asia most of my life. Living in a city with over a million. Never have I been approached in this manner by the authorities. That's why you have an ACR. People ask questions you show it! The ACR eliminates you having to keep submitting a passport and you look after it like the way it's fashioned. Like a bank card.

Isn't a passport the property of your government that you are entrusted with? In other Asian countries they have even banned fingerprinting aliens. If this country wants to keep up with the times and modernization they need to have a serious rethink. Identity theft is on the increase and criminals are getting smarter. Obviously the authorities are not.

Your giving them waaaay too much credit. Those little forms you fill out get put into a box and get put in storage. Trying to find that slip and its information for someone when they know the exact date they arrived is a feat even. 

Yep, that is very believable on the hand-out forms ... They do get the number off passport with some device so something is recorded on entry \ exit.

--

As far as the entry form slip, maybe it is copied and sent out to the BRGYs to verify over a period of time ... That would fit the slow&clunky system here ... If I remember correctly these PNP guys just walked up and knocked ... I gave them something and they left within 5 minutes ...

With that in mind, knowing where I'm living (or any other foreigner in these smaller places I'd guess) is not too hard for anyone to find out  ... I'm sure you are aware of the grapevine social network-working system here that is running stronger that smartBro and globe combined across these islands ...

--

I'm guessing this word-of-mouth method is why there is almost no signs in the proviences .. Why spend money on a sign in an area that only the locals will mostly use AND if directions are needed, they just ask each other ... This is a very social society here and I like that aspect also ..

• Like 1

True we are guests here for lack of a better term  ... We are allowed in and can be told to leave ... I have zero problems with this ... I'm happy to try and help the people here in my small ways even if it is to just get them to laugh... They certainly make this place a good time for me each day ... Freedom is about the only thing in life I'm ever wanted ... This place gives me all the freedom I want and can handle ... With freedom, comes responsibility; sometimes to be responsible, you gotta show self-discipline  ... That's not always easy but at the age of 55, I'm OK with ~about everything now ...Just show a good attitude as much as possible here and you'll have a fan base ...

• Like 2

True we are guests here for lack of a better term ... We are allowed in and can be told to lead ... I have zero problems with this ... I'm happy to try and help the people here in my small ways even if it is to just get them to laugh... They certainly make this place a good time for me each day ... Freedom is about the only thing in life I'm ever wanted ... This place gives me all the freedom I want and can handle ... With freedom, comes responsibility; sometimes to be responsible, you gotta show self-discipline ... That's not always easy but at the age of 55, I'm OK with ~about everything now ...Just show a good attitude as much as possible here and you'll have a fan base ...

Couldn't agree with you more. We are guests. And I paid for this peice of plastic with my picture and a pretty hologram to carry. It's a card that says I'm a registered alien. It gives me freedom. I uphold the law, live my life, go where I please and just show it if questions are asked by authorities. The only inventories I ever made were for books and warehouse stock check. Its another word for "stock list" Do the police even know we have ACR cards?

• Like 1
Jack_be_nimble

I guess I must be okay, because every couple of months I get a certificate from the BI to say that I do not appear on that Bureau's Hold Departure, Blacklist, Watch list and/or Intelligence Derogatory Records. I must be doing something right!

I got the same certificate on my last trip to the BI, a month ago, when I was there for my 3rd 59day extension.