Inventory of foreigners

Lol There was one Brit who has been here for around 8 years with no visa. He was renting a room in Naga from a policeman. Still here and spotted a few weeks ago. He moves around. One local Aussie was here for over 24 years. Back home now, given an exit on medical grounds. A bi-polar American with no visa has just made a move from Angeles to Ormoc I'm told. They are everywhere and under your nose.

Edited by hyaku
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• Baywak

• Wrye83

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until a little girl is murdered in your area and they come looking for you because another child saw a white guy do it. You are really naive if you think collection of expat's private information won

The police have always directed the gangs towards which houses to rob in certain areas of the Phils ....that supplements their poor salaries ...never give them any information about what is inside you

I'm not demanding privacy, I'm asking for a memorandum / law / authority that is requesting private information. Giving out this information to people out of uniform with no government ID is DANGEROUS

"Let us hope and pray that we can get a good national database of all of us foreigners here, this can help to getting rid of the garbage that spoil for the rest of us."

They do have a National register, it is held by the BID. The ones not on the BID register will be the overtsaying or illegal enters. So how does a new  national data base sort that out?

From very personal and direct experience I have every reason not to believe in the goodness of PNP at CIDG level. Equally i have evry reason for respect and credit to some of the NBI and PNP at city level.

when a senior NBI officer looks into accusations that nomally a junior rank would look at. Says because he cannot trust their honesty tells me a lot. BTW that senior officer conducted himslef admirably  and in keeping with the highest expected standards.

As I said before usually it's Immigration that asks police for assistance not the other way round. Let's just hope it's a usual checkup of what foreigners are in the area because I would consider someone asking me to provide a list of my personal things as bad as the priest that put his hand down my pants when I was a kid! Over and out.

not long ago i heard many are not paying their visa extensions so funds are lower then expected maybe that is the reason ... collections of over due visa fee

• Like 1
Skywalker

You are really naive if you think collection of expat's private information wont come back to haunt even honest people here.

The only naivety being shown here, is the idea that they somehow don't know where you are, or how to find you, if they want to.

Being a foreigner here, is always going to be an attraction (for whatever reason) so I don't think a database is going to make much difference.

I don't think, for a second, that if you are breaking the law here as a foreigner, that you will not be found out.  I live here quietly, and 'under the radar' - but I certainly don't live under a rock, or spend long hours at sexpat bars.  In fact the vast majority of my time is spent with filipino friends.  They are actually the one's who know who the scumbag (s)expats are.  

I guess I must be okay, because every couple of months I get a certificate from the BI to say that I do not appear on that Bureau's Hold Departure, Blacklist, Watch list and/or Intelligence Derogatory Records.  I must be doing something right!

It's nice if the PNP and NBI create a searchable register of all foreigners here, this in collaboration with BI. But unfortunately, it is not a fact at that time.

Nice for the PNP and NBI but nice for the foreigner?  No.

As of today, I personally know more than 10 cases which foreigners having contact with very young girls and boys here online. They plan to come to the Philippines and meet their new young "friends". Some of them will get a nice surprise when they get here :-) And yes they know that these are young boys and girls and that it is illegal! (I have no sympathy for these "innocent" men)

Meet them at the airport and jail them.  With the intent info you already have they will have shown intent by flying to the country.  No need for them to get to the province.  A few stories of arrests on arrival and the pedos will  look for another country.
  • Like 2

Meet them at the airport and jail them. With the intent info you already have they will have shown intent by flying to the country. No need for them to get to the province. A few stories of arrests on arrival and the pedos will look for another country.

I really agree with you and this is probably the only real good solution.
Unfortunately, Philippine law
don't give this option
It also takes a "few" years to change the law.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Well I don't know how many different countries all of you have lived in, but let me tell you it is not uncommon to require foreigners who are on extended stays to register with the police office nearest to their domicile within so many days of arriving in the country. This is common. It also fills the gap between what is done with hotel registrations. Until recently, there wasn't a directive to identify hotel guests. Now there is (or at least it is becoming more commonly enforced). 

There have been a lot of changes in things in the Philippines these last few years. Many don't understand the pattern. I have been saying 'change is coming' when it comes to immigration matters. I made that statement based on things i knew were coming and also  recognizing the intentions of the trend. 

A lot of people are crying about the requirements for a police clearance from their home country - well, there aren't many countries that don't require that for permanent residency (in fact, I can think of none), let alone  other extended stay visas (work/student etc).  The Philippines is just catching up. The problem is, their way of doing things sometimes turns good intentions into right pains in the ass. 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1

not long ago i heard many are not paying their visa extensions so funds are lower then expected maybe that is the reason ... collections of over due visa fee

Everybody pays unless they want to become an illegal alien. I would guess there are many not paying on time as requirements change overnight and they can't get the extensions they need to proccess. Mandaue Immigration is full of downgraders that had tried to process elsewhere. Anyway not paying extensions on time has little to do with this thread and PNP.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

A bi-polar American with no visa has just made a move from Angeles to Ormoc I'm told. 

So he goes both ways, or you mean he's a liberal-conservative? 

• Like 1

i dont get it lol 

if you was at home and police would just stopped by to ask you tons of stuff and fill out forms while you at your home im sure you would have tole them to go f off 

but while you here you think its a good idea for any one just to come to your house get your info 

if there is no law for it than they have no right to do so 

i dont care what they need it for 

and if it is emigration related than they need to send emigration officer with the pnp or what ever 

So here is the sheet they brought by my place. There a several things I don't like about this (or can understand why some people wouldn't like it).

1. There is absolutely no law stated/official document nomenclature/issuing agency listed on the paper.

2. Children? Why, so you can know who to kidnap for ransom? I'm the foreigner, not my children. Leave them out of it.

3. Visa information. I'll give you my passport number and entry stamp, if you have any further questions about my status you can go to immigration with a warrant to gather that information.

4. Descriptive information is irrelevant.

Maybe there is more, on the sheet but I can't see it while posting here.

Overall my problem with this is the danger that can come to me if some foreigner that even remotely resembles me commits a crime here. They won't investigate first, they will lock me in jail until I can prove my innocence. That can take months to years. There is no mention of photos or photocopies of passports so that's a plus as I would straight up refuse to give the police one. I think most here are familiar with a case concerning a certain young girl a couple years ago and how they went about dealing with that.

All they really need to know about me is my passport number and that I'm here legally. If my country is looking for me for a crime there they will give them my name, passport number and description/picture and from there they can start their search. Anything else is just treating me as if I'm a criminal and under investigation. Now if an immigration employee had asked for this information I would hesitate to give it out......while sitting at a desk in the immigration office. Anyone here can say "I'm with immigration" and have an ID made. We'll meet at the office.

Posted Image

Ok, so more problems now that I see it again.

Spouse: go screw yourself.

Number of years here: go screw yourself

Vehicles: hell no.

Telephone number: not gonna happen

See how if that one corrupt officer got ahold of this things could go very bad for a foreigner now?

Btw, two young ladies in street cloths came to the house with this paper. No police or recognizable government employee with them.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

So here is the sheet they brought by my place. There a several things I don't like about this (or can understand why some people wouldn't like it).

1. There is absolutely no law stated/official document nomenclature/issuing agency listed on the paper.

2. Children? Why, so you can know who to kidnap for ransom? I'm the foreigner, not my children. Leave them out of it.

3. Visa information. I'll give you my passport number and entry stamp, if you have any further questions about my status you can go to immigration with a warrant to gather that information.

4. Descriptive information is irrelevant.

Maybe there is more, on the sheet but I can't see it while posting here.

Overall my problem with this is the danger that can come to me if some foreigner that even remotely resembles me commits a crime here. They won't investigate first, they will lock me in jail until I can prove my innocence. That can take months to years. There is no mention of photos or photocopies of passports so that's a plus as I would straight up refuse to give the police one. I think most here are familiar with a case concerning a certain young girl a couple years ago and how they went about dealing with that.

All they really need to know about me is my passport number and that I'm here legally. If my country is looking for me for a crime there they will give them my name, passport number and description/picture and from there they can start their search. Anything else is just treating me as if I'm a criminal and under investigation. Now if an immigration employee had asked for this information I would hesitate to give it out......while sitting at a desk in the immigration office. Anyone here can say "I'm with immigration" and have an ID made. We'll meet at the office.

qepe3yqu.jpg

I know the origin of this document and which segment of the PNP developed and is pushing for this.

All I can say is, if you live in a foreign country you can not expect to start exercising rights or demanding any kind of privacy. Grin and bear it, work around it, or leave. Good bad right or wrong, that's just how it is. 

• Like 2