Inventory of foreigners

Many in this area are reporting getting hit with an "inventory of foreigners". This is a form put out by the PNP requesting all sorts of very personal information. Many expats in the area are not complying. I'm not so sure i want all my personal information sitting in the local PNP office.

Do you know exactly which "very personal" info they are requesting?  I'm confused if they are taking an inventory of foreigners in the area or actually taking a list of foreigners inventory (as in personal possessions). 

I could understand local police checking on foreigners in their district.  It would be all too easy for a criminal to come here then overstay/hideout in an area. But that would just require their passport number.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• Baywak

• Monsoon

• Wrye83

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until a little girl is murdered in your area and they come looking for you because another child saw a white guy do it. You are really naive if you think collection of expat's private information won

The police have always directed the gangs towards which houses to rob in certain areas of the Phils ....that supplements their poor salaries ...never give them any information about what is inside you

I'm not demanding privacy, I'm asking for a memorandum / law / authority that is requesting private information. Giving out this information to people out of uniform with no government ID is DANGEROUS

I have had contact with the PNP and NBI for almost 20 years now, the last 4 years almost daily. Personally I have not had any problems with them.
I know there are a few rotten eggs in the basket but they actually work to remove them. And the wages in PNP is not so bad anymore.

It's nice if the PNP and NBI create a searchable register of all foreigners here, this in collaboration with BI. But unfortunately, it is not a fact at that time.

The stories we hear about foreigners who have problems with PNP we only hear from one side. In general we also only hear 20% of the story, terrible PNP takes the kind and innocent foreigner .......
And 14 -16 year old girls in cooperation with PNP engaged in extortion of innocent foreigners, possibly 5% is correct story's, but the remaining 95% are pedophiles and predators who deserve the punishment they get.

As of today, I personally know more than 10 cases which foreigners having contact with very young girls and boys here online. They plan to come to the Philippines and meet their new young "friends". Some of them will get a nice surprise when they get here :-) And yes they know that these are young boys and girls and that it is illegal! (I have no sympathy for these "innocent" men)

There are millions of young beautiful and sexy girls here who are over 18, stay away from the kids!
I'm almost 50, and for me a girl who is 25-30 years are still very young!

Let us hope and pray that we can get a good national database of all of us foreigners here, this can help to getting rid of the garbage that spoil for the rest of us.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Let us hope and pray that we can get a good national database of all of us foreigners here, this can help to getting rid of the garbage that spoil for the rest of us.

A database will do little if nothing to accomplish that goal. 

But as I posted on an earlier thread that's not usually the way peodophiles work. It's fly in, head for the provinces then back out before you know it. There's little international co-op either. This info was from a PNP officer working from Osmena who logged on here and read a post that I had seen a suspicious Asian handing out candy to kids in Moalboal. He then contacted me directly. This post is about what constitutes personal infringement of residents.

mactanfamily

I personally know more than 10 cases which foreigners having contact with very young girls and boys here.... Let us hope and pray that we can get a good national database of all of us foreigners here

I suggest you report that to the authorities. If you are so keen on the database and inventory of all expats, you should turn over all your personal information to them at that time so you may be tracked at will. I'll hope and pray that information is not abused and you wind up being framed, robbed or killed.

Just wondering how it is that you "personally know" more than 10 pedophiles with intent to visit the Philippines and harm children? This is quite serious. 

• Like 1

A database will do little if nothing to accomplish that goal.

It will solve many problems, trust me!

A big problem is that the PNP, NBI and BI don't cooperate and can't easily share information.

I suggest you report that to the authorities. If you are so keen on the database and inventory of all expats, you should turn over all your personal information to them at that time so you may be tracked at will. I'll hope and pray that information is not abused and you wind up being framed, robbed or killed.

Just wondering how it is that you "personally know" more than 10 pedophiles with intent to visit the Philippines and harm children? This is quite serious. 

He said he "personally knows of 10 cases", not personally knowing 10 pedophiles.  I took it to mean he either works with the PNP or has friends amongst them and gets a firsthand account of whats going on.

• Like 1

Of course the authorities have the same information I have.

Just wondering how it is that you "personally know"  Many want to know, but of course I'm not so bum that I informs about it.

In most cases there are people who informs me, even here on this forum.

Generally, the goal is to prevent abuse and keep these people away from the Philippines.

The

PNP came around to my place, and to other local expats in Carcar, oh,

late 2011, asking us to fill out information sheets, and getting copies

of our passport data sheets. Nothing overly personal, as I recall, was

asked for.

I think I can remember something once while I've been here that was about like that ... Seems like they wanted my passport info or something that was not too important at the time ...Which does make a little sense as to comparing the address I gave them on entry to the country ... Even writing this thread could be a tip-off to anyone hiding over here and not wanting to show a red flag or something else at their dwellings or lack-of ..

--

Myself, I fear no GOV I have dealt with todate .. Not a lot of countries really, but I have to rate my time here as very close to the top of list .. I like the down&dirty way when dealing with most GOV issues here ... Usually face to face and seems like equal grounds for both sides ... Results have usually been about as expected  ... 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

...Which does make a little sense as to comparing the address I gave them on entry to the country ..... 

Your giving them waaaay too much credit. Those little forms you fill out get put into a box and get put in storage. Trying to find that slip and its information for someone when they know the exact date they arrived is a feat even. 

• Like 1

As I said before usually it's Immigration that asks police for assistance not the other way round. Let's just hope it's a usual checkup of what foreigners are in the area because I would consider someone asking me to provide a list of my personal things as bad as the priest that put his hand down my pants when I was a kid! Over and out.

i will only give my info to the emigration as they are the only once who needs to know 

pnp or any one else has no place to be asking me at my home for my info 

of course if i go to hotel or such they have the right to ask me for my name and passport # if i have it with me or any kind of id 

no way will i ever give just any one my reall info 

and if they really press for it bad i give them fake 

emigration has all the info on you they need 

if any one needs it so bad they need to go there to ask for it 

or make it a law and that will be hole lot of diferent story 

but i will still give fake lol 

the less they know the better 

most likely they are making list of people to rob or extort from 

i will only give my info to the emigration as they are the only once who needs to know 

pnp or any one else has no place to be asking me at my home for my info 

of course if i go to hotel or such they have the right to ask me for my name and passport # if i have it with me or any kind of id 

no way will i ever give just any one my reall info 

and if they really press for it bad i give them fake 

emigration has all the info on you they need 

if any one needs it so bad they need to go there to ask for it 

or make it a law and that will be hole lot of diferent story 

but i will still give fake lol 

the less they know the better 

most likely they are making list of people to rob or extort from 

The problem with immigration having your info and nobody else is someone can enter the country, give a fake address, then move somewhere else and live off the radar. In the meantime the authorities in their home country may have linked them to a crime(that they are now hiding from) and are looking for them.  If you don't go into BOI and renew your visa they don't really have a way to catch you unless you just happened to get in trouble for something else. 

With local police personally checking on foreigners in their area, they might be able to catch the ones that are overstaying, and perhaps hiding from authorities.

I'm fine with it as long as they are just running passport info through the system to make sure you are not overstaying/wanted. Now if they start asking for a bunch of additional, unrelated info....then I have a problem with it.

I lived in Cebu for several years and am returning shortly to the pinas with my family.To Mindanao where we also lived for several years.Try and find something positive about the expats who live in Cebu,it's interesting where you brought the whole thought of filling out paperwork for the PNP.Sorry if you know many sexpats and undesirables.I never met one in all my years there,I met many

decent caring respectable expats though.

the reason you have,nt met any sexpats or undesirables is because they are hardly going to announce to anybody that they are in that bracket don,t you think.

But as I posted on an earlier thread that's not usually the way peodophiles work. It's fly in, head for the provinces then back out before you know it. There's little international co-op either. This info was from a PNP officer working from Osmena who logged on here and read a post that I had seen a suspicious Asian handing out candy to kids in Moalboal. He then contacted me directly. This post is about what constitutes personal infringement of residents.

well i,m always handing out candy to kids in my street the parents are all happy for me to do so my g f aint too happy because its less money for her to spend lol