peso

come on baby come on nearly there 69.82 to the pound a nice round 70 will do nicely thankyou very much lol

• Like 1
InternetTough

The main cause of the decline of the peso seems to be the stock market outflows of the last few months. This might have stabilized, as the move away from emerging markets might have been overdone, and the earnings of Philippine companies are good. Over the next few years, I expect it to return, creeping, to 40-41 to the US dollar. 

Britishandproud

Sounds good, Hopefully it's around that next year in April or around that time. I'm planning on visiting Davao City again.

• Like 1
udonthani

pound is strengthening generally. It is not just a weakening peso. The UK economy is turning round. People are spending more. I know this as I have a shop and I can feel it. Even 5% and I can feel it. What this means is that compared to last year and the year before, I will have 400 to 500 pesos a day extra to spend in the 120 days I will be there from five weeks, from now.

come on baby come on nearly there 69.82 to the pound a nice round 70 will do nicely thankyou very much lol

It's settled back to 68.8 today (Wed.).  I'm not sure that I completely agree with InternetTough that the main cause of the Peso's decline is the outflow from the Philippine stock market.  I think the outflow is an indication that the US and GB markets are beginning to strengthen.  In other words the hot money is being attracted elsewhere.  I still hold with my prediction of 50:1 for the US Dollar and 75:1 for Sterling by the end of 2015 if not by the end of 2014.

Edit:  On rereading, I did not explain myself very well.  I felt that InternetTough's reasoning is that the outflow is an overreaction, a negative attitude by investors.  However I believe it is a positive reaction by investors to spread their capital over the strengthening western markets.

Edited by GoHuk
  • Like 1

i need to send 700,000 to the PI before the end of the month have been waiting for the peso to bust through the 70 mark for what seems like forever, but its not happening

dropped to 68. something last couple days now its just managed 69.23.     

i need to send 700,000 to the PI before the end of the month have been waiting for the peso to bust through the 70 mark for what seems like forever, but its not happening

dropped to 68. something last couple days now its just managed 69.23.     

send it to me instead i,ll look after it for you lol well yesterday it reached the dizzy height of 69.85 for a short time .

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Jack_be_nimble

There's been news/rumbling lately about Fed delaying the easing of bond purchase program. Even though they promised to do so if the economy should show sustained signs of improvement.  It figures, the D$%khead Fed cares only about Wall Street elite, not the dollars value or the ave Joe citizen.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

The Peso to Dollar is up 1.9% in a week. It's 43.13 now.

Headed that way

I got 44.15 from a money changer on the 3rd floor at Manila Terminal 3 last week. The one on the first floor was giving 43.5 or so. MoneyGram is only giving 42 something right now. :(

yesterday u.k pound hit 70.03 pesos the highest ive ever seen it .ma big mac meal just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper lol

do not worry  Taper will happen once the US gets itself over themselves and the budget shut down etc.  the days of free money are over just a question of how soon.

once taper does start dollar sensitive currencies are going to feel the pain. Question is 

o if the dollar threat of taper has such an effect will it be real hard when taper is near done or will there be little more difference on exchange rates. Often the threat of uncertainty is more adverse than the actual experience