New Olympus OM-D EM1 Camera

David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay

My dinky little Olympus Mju 55WP (waterproof to 3m) jammed with shutter open.  I tried to find out if there is any reset or F/W up grade from the USA Olympus Service Center.  

Did not get a definitive answer, other than make sure the battery is good (so will try buying a new battery),  Anyway there was an invite to sign up for a Free Olympus News Letter, so I signed up.

My very 1st 'proper' camera was an Olympus OM1.  

A bought a number of lenses for that camera and still have them.

In the Olympus News Letter was a forthcoming announcement of a brand new  Olympus Camera, which one had to sign up for advance news of.

Well here it is the New Olympus OM-D EM1 Camera  - looks pretty good:-

introducing.gif fz1_launch1_08.giffz1_launch2_03.gifomd_hero.jpgfz1_launch2_07.gifomd_hand.jpgfz1_launch3_03.gifTell powerful stories from anywhere with the revolutionaryOM-D E-M1.

• Dual AF (Contrast & On-Chip Phase Detect) • Interactive, 1.48x Magnification Viewfinder • Splash, Dust & Freezeproof • Built-in Wi-Fi
Move into a new world with the OM-D E-M1 and take incredible images wherever you go.

omd_hero.jpg

http://cache.olympusamerica.com/static/email/consumer/2013/fz1_launch/preorder_em1.gif

Body Only $1399.99

10 FPS    Full DD 1080  Built in wiFi    256000 ISO     16 Mega Pixels   
1/80000 sec High Speed Shutter  TruePic V.11

mmf_3.jpg
FREE LENS ADAPTER

OR WIRELESS FLASH
after mail-in rebate when purchased with your OM-D E-M1. Up to a $179.99 value! View Details.
fl_300r.jpg
INCREDIBLE SPEED    BUILT-IN WI-FI     5-AXIS IMAGE STABILIZATION

Freeze action without blur with1/8000s Mechanical Shutterspeed and Dual F.A.S.T. Auto Focus System. Get connected instantly. Share and send images, or remotely preview, focus and release your shutter from your phone! Automatically compensate for vertical, horizontal and rotational camera shake for crisp, clear photos.

http://click.email.olympusamerica.com/?qs=f8951d835c3ab73b3c067467ac8009e88ac18e8c9eedd83977b69c515d125880
12_40mm_hero.jpg
M12-40MM F2.8 PRO LENS

Maximum aperture of f2.8 throughout the zoom range, plus all metallic splash, dust & freezeproof construction.

hld_7_hero.jpg
HLD-7 BATTERY GRIP
Add power to your OM-D E-M1 with the HLD-7

Free Shipping valid on orders of $100 or more in the US only.

"Free lens adapter or wireless flash offer" valid in the US and Canada.

Offer valid for an FL-300R flash or MMF-3 Four Thirds lens adapter.

Purchase both the accessory of your choice and the E-M1 at the same time, then complete the required rebate submission to qualify for this offer. See rebate form for offer dates and details.

Olympus is not responsible for errors or omissions in pricing. Images, videos and effects are for simulation purposes only. Features may differ by camera model.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
Dragonladies.org

I still have an OM-1 I bought in the late 70's, and a few Zuiko lenses, and c3000 I bought ten years ago.  I like Olympus Cameras, not sure I'll ever go the DSLR route, though.   

JamesMusslewhite

I have an Olympus X-560WP which has been an excellent utility camera, small lightweight , and takes a good quality photo or video. I need to replace the flash bulb. Do you know of a shop in Cebu were I can get a replacement bulb replaced/installed?

cfc0f251.jpg

for the price $250 it is an excellent pocket camera and the 3m waterproof case allows for nice underwater shots and the case has really stood up well to the saltwater. It also has been convenient as one does not have to worry using the unit in the rain.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite