Cebu is a top resort destination in the Pacific

CCP

Cebu is a top resort destination in the Pacific, highly praised by the world’s leading travel magazines and a popular choice among vacationers who prefer the experience of white sand beaches mixed with the conveniences of a modern lifestyle.
This island in the middle of the Philippines has its very own international airport and is the busiest shipping port in the country.

It offers all the ease of urban life, with its main metropolis, Cebu City, bustling with economic activity. The long history of trading in pre-colonial (pre-Spanish) times is another point of interest. The distinctly old culture of Cebu is evident in the island’s landscape, monuments and populace, who are an interesting mix of Malay, Chinese, Hindu and Spanish roots. Famous historic attractions include Magellan’s Cross, Basilica Minore del Santo Niño, Fort San Pedro, the Parian District and Casa Gorordo. These tourist spots speak of the rich and complex history of an island that has transformed from being a trading port in Southeast Asia to a Spanish colonial bastion to a modern and emerging 21st century destination.

Today Cebu is home to several spectacular 5-star resorts, large commercial shopping malls, comfortable city hotels and a bustling nightlife. Only thirty minutes to an hour away are marine sanctuaries and dive sites. It is also very near other exciting stopovers, surrounded by unspoiled satellite islands.

New business districts such as the Cebu Business Park and the IT Park are centers of BPO investment. Real estate development is nonstop. The population is enjoying its new wealth created by economic growth.

Travelers love Cebu’s energy and its friendly people. It is certainly the place to be for those who want to enjoy the best of both worlds—a booming city life with the beach only thirty minutes away.

:cool: 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brucewayne

• Wrye83

• Alan S

• CCP

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was that written by the mayor of Cebu City?

It is a top destination for tourists - look at the number of Koreans and Japanese that arrive daily. They stay in 5-star resorts, enjoy the beaches, diving, good food etc. Look at the number of expats

I think that some here are being needleesly critical on the Philippines.   Yes, it has its drawbacks, but there is some superb scenery, some good beaches, some reasonable hotels, and lots of friendl

Posted Images

miles-high

No, by the owners of Shangri La, Moevenpick, The Imeprial and Abaca, Mactan, Cebu... haha :D

• Like 1

Judging from the users avatar it seems as an advertisement for their business. ;)

• Like 1

It is a top destination for tourists - look at the number of Koreans and Japanese that arrive daily. They stay in 5-star resorts, enjoy the beaches, diving, good food etc. Look at the number of expats that pour in from HK, Singapore, Manila etc during their holidays.

Just because we know the back-end of the place doesn't mean it's not a great destination for tourists.

• Like 5

Are there sandy beaches in Cebu island?  Genuine question, I've only been to one beach (Vano beach, Lapu lapu) which was the shittiest beach I've ever been to.  It makes me realise how spoilt I was back home.

udonthani

It is a top destination for tourists - look at the number of Koreans and Japanese that arrive daily. They stay in 5-star resorts, enjoy the beaches, diving, good food etc. Look at the number of expats that pour in from HK, Singapore, Manila etc during their holidays.

you should try somewhere like the Abdul Rahman National Park http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunku_Abdul_Rahman_National_Park very close to a city of similar size, to Cebu and also linked by plane to

the major Chinese, Korean and now Japanese markets  - I see MAS is starting up their Kota Kinabalu-Tokyo flight they axed a few years ago. When there is no flight, from Cebu to Japan. There are high-class five star resorts around there, but crucially there are also many not-so-expensive resorts where you will see plenty of not-so-affluent Asian family groups and beaches crawling with hordes of Asian people with hardly a white face in sight. It is just a much better product, than Cebu.

Cebu is a dirt bike riding mecca ... Come on over here if ya get the chance and see what I'm talking about ...

It is certainly a destination of choice for many, but whether it is a top destination in Asia is a matter of opinion.

I suspect that several places in Thailand, Singapore and HK, all have more tourists than Cebu.

However, if you want to go to the Philippines, it is a good choice and probably better than most.

Brucewayne

Just because we know the back-end of the place doesn't mean it's not a great destination for tourists.

The Philippines had only 2 million tourists listed last year, pretty much the bottom of the list.

I read that an average Asian country draws about 22 million tourists per year.

If anyone wants something Googled to that effect, I will do so in the morning as I am dead tired right now.

• Like 1

you should try somewhere like the Abdul Rahman National Park http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunku_Abdul_Rahman_National_Park very close to a city of similar size, to Cebu and also linked by plane to

the major Chinese, Korean and now Japanese markets  - I see MAS is starting up their Kota Kinabalu-Tokyo flight they axed a few years ago. When there is no flight, from Cebu to Japan. There are high-class five star resorts around there, but crucially there are also many not-so-expensive resorts where you will see plenty of not-so-affluent Asian family groups and beaches crawling with hordes of Asian people with hardly a white face in sight. It is just a much better product, than Cebu.

Not arguing the merits of Cebu vs other places, but this place is very well marketed by the high end resorts on top of whatever the DOT manages to do. I happen to know what the place is like, but if you're looking for a 5-star hotel holiday in Asia (and you live in Asia) then Cebu is one of your choices.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Not arguing the merits of Cebu vs other places, but this place is very well marketed by the high end resorts on top of whatever the DOT manages to do. I happen to know what the place is like, but if you're looking for a 5-star hotel holiday in Asia (and you live in Asia) then Cebu is one of your choices.

Who assigns the stars here?

The 3 star hotels I stayed in weren't as nice as a Motel ^ is in the states and I don't think they even have a star.

I will admit, Cebu might have a hotel or two tat would qualify as a 2-3 star hotel, but without some kind of proof, I doubt very seriously that Cebu has anything like a real 5 star hotel in the real world.

Hid two posts. Banned two members from this topic.

Stay on topic, people.