Sign in to follow this  
Guy60417

US Consulate Cebu closed 16-20 Sept

Guy60417

US consulate will be closed next week, per a message I received from the Embassy:

Closure of U.S. Consular Agency Cebu the Week of September 16-20, 2013

The U.S. Consular Agency office in Cebu will be closed the week of September 16-20, 2013.  It will re-open for business on Monday, September 23, 2013.  If you need to contact the Cebu office, you may call +63-32-231-1261 or email [email protected].

Brucewayne

Next week, you need to change your title.

I was there today and they were fully open.

Paul

Next week, you need to change your title.

I just changed it.

I tell ya, the US Embassy / Consular Agency employees have more damned holidays, sick days, and vacation time, than any other government agency or office in the world, I do believe. Jesus. Every time I turn around, they are closed. We need to cut their damned pay by 30%! 

• Like 1

JamesMusslewhite

dos_image.jpg

MESSAGE FOR U.S. CITIZENS

U.S. Embassy, Manila, The Philippines

September 10, 2013

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE EMBASSY WARDEN SYSTEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD. 

Closure of U.S. Consular Agency Cebu the Week of September 16-20, 2013

The U.S. Consular Agency office in Cebu will be closed the week of September 16-20, 2013.  It will re-open for business on Monday, September 23, 2013.  If you need to contact the Cebu office, you may
call +63-32-231-1261 or e-mail [email protected]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Embassy is located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Philippines and is open 0730-1600, Monday through Friday.  The Embassy's main telephone number is (632) 301-2000.  American citizens needing to speak to the Embassy can dial this number and ask to be connected to the American Citizen Services (ACS) unit or with the Embassy Duty Officer (for calls outside of normal business hours).  You can also contact the ACS unit through email at [email protected] or through the Embassy Facebook page.  Please visit our website for information on all services offered by the ACS unit.

We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens travelling to or residing in the Philippines enroll in the Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) program. Registering gives you access to updated information on travel and security within the Philippines and makes it easier for the Embassy to contact you in case of emergency.  If you don't have Internet access, enroll directly at the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate.

You can also stay up to date by bookmarking the Department of State's website, which contains all current Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts, as well as the current Worldwide Caution.  Please consult the Country Specific Information on the Philippines, for general information about the Philippines. For additional information, refer to "A Safe Trip Abroad" on the State Department's
website. 

Contact the U.S. Embassy for up-to-date information on travel restrictions. Current information on safety and security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada, or a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444 for callers from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).  You can also stay up to date by "following" us on Twitter and "liking" the Bureau of Consular Affairs on FacebookYou can also download our free Smart Traveler App, available through iTunes and the Android market, to have travel information at your fingertips. 

Edited by JamesMusslewhite

Brucewayne

I just changed it.

I tell ya, the US Embassy / Consular Agency employees have more damned holidays, sick days, and vacation time, than any other government agency or office in the world, I do believe. Jesus. Every time I turn around, they are closed. We need to cut their damned pay by 30%! 

Good job on the quick change, fella must have been half asleep.

Does anyone at the consulate actually get paid.

I am willing to guess John is the only one who doesn't and I heard a rumor that he was leaving and being replaced by someone they will actually pay for the work.

Is this true?

Paul

Good job on the quick change, fella must have been half asleep.

Does anyone at the consulate actually get paid.

I am willing to guess John is the only one who doesn't and I heard a rumor that he was leaving and being replaced by someone they will actually pay for the work.

Is this true?

Originally, he was going to retire. They were going to close the office. He informed them he would work part time, voluntarily, so they could keep the office open. 

All other employees, as far as I know, are paid employees.

I would imagine that, if he retires (finally), they would close it. But, I am no authority on that matter. 

• Like 1

Brucewayne

Originally, he was going to retire. They were going to close the office. He informed them he would work part time, voluntarily, so they could keep the office open. 

All other employees, as far as I know, are paid employees.

I would imagine that, if he retires (finally), they would close it. But, I am no authority on that matter. 

We really need that office, I hope they don't close it.

• Like 1

Paul

Merged James' topic with this one.

Paul

We really need that office, I hope they don't close it.

Had he not volunteered at the time, they would have closed it back then.