Where to buy citric acid ?

Hello,

I'm planning to make my own cheese and I need citric acid, do you know where I could find it please ?

Hmm I remember seeing it somewhere but I can't recall where.  We bought some chemicals from a pharmacy supply place in colon and I might have seen it there. I was able to get a few other types of acid from them.  Sorry but its been a few years and I can't recall the name.  Something like "East Pharmacy" or "Far East Pharmacy" or some such.

I don't know how citric is used in cheese production....but I'm not sure if this would be food grade acid.  I bought a few chemicals from them you wouldn't want in your cheese. Hopefully their storage practices are good...

Ascorbic? If you can take it I guess it's edible. A citrus fruit acid? Please tell us more. If I could just make grandma's cottage cheese I would be over the moon. I don't even know where to get real fresh milk.

found it here:

Ong Kin King Inc. Wholesaler/retailer & importer of baking supplies, plasticbags, flour, sugar, styrofoam, etc.

it's a shop in the harbour area, near to SM

I would follow their leads over mine because the place I listed also sold chemicals you would not want to ingest. Thats what I meant about not sure if I would use it in food...it may have come in contact with something dangerous if their storage practices are not good.

found it here:

Ong Kin King Inc. Wholesaler/retailer & importer of baking supplies, plasticbags, flour, sugar, styrofoam, etc.

it's a shop in the harbour area, near to SM

Ong Kin King is good but if he only need a small quantity The Baking Company is best I think.

Few customers faster service and easy parking.

I paid 5 pesos for a small package, possibly 4-5 tablespoons...

If you go to Ong Kin King can quickly become expensive, they have so much that you just have to buy LOL

Ong Kin King is good but if he only need a small quantity The Baking Company is best I think.

Few customers faster service and easy parking.

I paid 5 pesos for a small package, possibly 4-5 tablespoons...

If you go to Ong Kin King can quickly become expensive, they have so much that you just have to buy LOL

I was happy to find the larger quantity there as I used it for descaling and not for baking.....

Thank you I finally found it this morning at the Baking Company near fuente circle :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baking-Company/231797013542918

As for the milk, i'm going to use the fresh milk from the Dairy Cebu Farm that is sold at S&R (p75 the liter...ouch!)

This is not raw milk tough but at least it's not Ultra Pasteurized, only pasteurized...

This is to make fresh mozarella by the way. I'm tired of the overpriced plastic mozarella and the imported moist mozarella from Italy is hard too find and really expensive, time to make my own !

• Like 1

This is to make fresh mozarella by the way. I'm tired of the overpriced plastic mozarella and the imported moist mozarella from Italy is hard too find and really expensive, time to make my own !

Local carabao cheese is the same as mozarella.