Where Would My Wife And Two Sons Apply For Dual In Cebu

My wife is filippina with American citizenship,our two sons are American,Where would we apply for dual citizenship in Cebu.We are just returning to live in Cebu.Thanks

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

best place to start will be U S  councils office

LOL. Wow. It is amazing how so many posts just spew out inaccurate information as if they know what they are talking about. 

The US Consulate won't be able to do anything to help with (former) Filipinos seeking to acquire dual citizenship. 

Philiippine Immigration handles the acquisition or reacquisition of Filipino citizenship. 

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Also if your not planning to be in the Philippines for a while or don't want to spend your vacation in government offices your wife can do this through the Philippine embassy in the US.

• Like 1
towboat72

LOL. Wow. It is amazing how so many posts just spew out inaccurate information as if they know what they are talking about. 

The US Consulate won't be able to do anything to help with (former) Filipinos seeking to acquire dual citizenship. 

Philiippine Immigration handles the acquisition or reacquisition of Filipino citizenship. 

im sorry if you did not like or agree with my answer  but I still think its a good place to start

at least they can tell him what needs to be done

and I am very sorry ill try to do better next time

I have to agree that to give out ill informed suggestions is not a good thing to be helpful. You might as well have said "ask your hotel concierge". If you thik the "council" will have the info, why not suggest looking at the US State Department website. That would at least save the OP an unnecessary trip.

I don't believe the children have to do anything with regard to dual citizenship, if they are the children of your Filipino wife. This depends upon their age. However, you can find that out when our wife does the process. I would advise the children have NSO birth records. One of my children has three birth records, but only one counts here in the Philippines. The NSO document.

My children obtained Philippino passports before we travelled here. Got them thru the in-country consulate. Was a simple process, no travel required, just used the mail.

• Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

When my wife and son got their dual citizenship we went to the main Philippine Immigration building, Intramoros, Manila. The process took 3 hours and cost $50 each. Here is the rub, the day they are processed and do their oat they are given their certificate (IT IS NOT THE FORMAL OFFICIAL CERTIFICATE) that one takes 3 week to process and you must travel back to Intromoros, Manila and pick that on up personally as they will not mail that document here in the Philippines. I guess they do not trust the mail system here either.

Unless you will be here for a period of a month or more you may not have time to receive that formal document (they will not mail it - pickup in person only). So if you are vacationing the suggestion to have it done by a US based Philippine Consulate is a good suggestion.