pictures of barbershops

udonthani

udonthani

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2013/sep/08/africa-photography-andrew-esiebo#/?picture=416600028&index=0

these look a bit like the kind of barbershops where I usually get my hair cut in the Philippines. I bet they charge about the same kind of price too (25-30 pesos or $0.55-$0.70 cents), in West Africa that they do in the Philippines.

do you think these barbers in the pictures, are used to getting tips?

Knowdafish

30-50p here in Dumaguete. 50p will get you a nice cut, wash, dry, and a shoulder massage in an airconed "salon".

Britishandproud

30-50p here in Dumaguete. 50p will get you a nice cut, wash, dry, and a shoulder massage in an airconed "salon".

50p :o here in UK I pay £7.00 just for a haircut!!!
  • Like 1
miles-high

PHP2,500 to 3,000 at most of David's salon, including color... Whoever David is, he is making tons of money... :)

Knowdafish

$10 for a decent style cut in the U.S. if you can find it.

$5 in the U.S. if you care to risk going to an area where they are that price. 

At least in So Cal. Your mileage may vary.  :lol:

• Like 1
Britishandproud

At least in So Cal. Your mileage may vary. :lol:

There was a article in the paper yesterday, A woman slashed her men's haircut prices to £2.99. She now is very busy and getting upto 70 customers a day sometimes, She said she's going to take on 2 more workers and then planning on doing women's hair for £2.99 aswell.

Good profit if you getting that many customers a day Haha.

• Like 1
udonthani

Filipino haircuts : used to be 20, now rare you can get under 30 even in the sticks. For 50, that is a nice barber shop. That Reyes chain, which seems to have dozens of barber shops all over the place charges 50 for the basic haircut these are quite well appointed stores though.

UK £7 would a quite low price for a haircut normally but I also know one place that only charges £2.99 it is in a big student area. I bet few customers will in actual fact pay less than £5. Even cheapies will usually tip when it is that low a price.

basic haircuts should really cost about the same everywhere in real terms - about what an hour's minimum wage is. So 30 pesos in the Phils is like £6 in the UK.

At least in So Cal. Your mileage may vary.  :lol:

$14-$18 is more common where I live in MN. It was closer to $10-$12 when I lived in NC.

The Philippines has some of the cheapest haircuts that I have seen or heard about.

One of the Liberia pictures in the link above had prices posted that equal about $1.25-$1.90

I have a friend that has spent some time in Haiti and he told me that the equivalent of about $1.50 is normal there.

PHP2,500 to 3,000 at most of David's salon, including color... Whoever David is, he is making tons of money... :)

Just a haircut was P150 at the Davids in Country Mall when I used to go there.  I think you're getting ripped off, unless color costs that much.

miles-high

My GF tells me I paid Php200 for my haircut, 2,000 for color and 300 for the head spa (whatever that is...) so color costs much of the total I paid... I often buys a color-for-men (or something similar) color kit but, well, my GF is not good at applying it, hehe ;)

• Admin (Retired)

used to cut my own hair my wife cuts it now both me and my son just keep our hair in basic short crew cuts let it grow out a bit then cut it again .. easy as anything

very nice set of clippers pays for itself in maybe 4 or 5 haircuts maybe less

there were times in the past when i cut my hair with a beard trimmer .. crew cuts are easy  probably easier than a baldie

20 to 25 bucks for a style cut here in Australia, best I had was 20 Peso by the neighbor of a friend in Tanjay, he is a retired barber and that included a glass of beer, he does it to have someone to chat to I am sure... 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I know him. He's English. No, hes not hurting at all.