Do Filipinas Want a Foreign Baby?

Salty Dog

I wouldn't say it happens everyday, but since I moved to Cebu I've noticed some Filipina (never notice it with men) just seem to have this air about them that they are better than everyone else. Just the way they look at as well as treat everyone else is supercilious and snobbish like their s**t don't stink. The Filipinas that seem to act this way are always older (40s and up) and never attractive, but that's probably because of that permanent scowl on their face. I assume it's because they are part of the upper class elite, but could be other reasons. I never noticed this in my three years in Dumaguete. My SO notices this as well so it's not just some Western perception. 

You just described my landlords wife to a tee.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monsoon

• wanderlustph

• Lauie

• hyaku

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But if you have one guys, be man enough to do the right thing and properly support your kid(s)..

They can't dance. 

I find black babies to be very cute, especially those little girls with braided hair, and when they start talking in that accent black people have. The grown-ups on the other hand in general, I can't

Posted Images

What I do find shocking is that the local girls in general do not want a baby with a black man

When asked why they say the baby will end up looking like a monkey......

Now I do not have a racist bone in my body and I find it quite offensive......any girl here who chooses a man based on his color is not very smart!

I find that "monkey statement hard to believe. Are they telling you what they think you want to hear? First, television has brain washed some filipino's into thinking  that "white skin" is better. Secondly, the concept is further perpetuated by companies selling whitening products. Additionally, you find some that contiune to think that most americans are white. Truth be told, most american black men have no interest in filipinas. ( Black women have better assets. ) Last and most importantly, don't flatter yourself, there are many filipina's that are less concerned about skin color than you think. No money, no honey!

Edited by Reynaldo

I find that "monkey statement hard to believe. Are they telling you what they think you want to hear? First, television has brain washed some filipino's into thinking  that "white skin" is better. Secondly, the concept is further perpetuated by companies selling whitening products. Additionally, you find some that contiune to think that most americans are white. Truth be told, most american black men have no interest in filipinas. ( Black women have better assets. ) Last and most importantly, don't flatter yourself, there are many filipina's that are less concerned about skin color than you think. No money, no honey!

No, I do not think so.....

Several have told me that and I for one do not want to be with a girl who wants me for the purpose of having their ideal looking baby 

Asians associate darker skin with ilness. They do get darker when sick. For Westerners palor is associated with illness. If Asians realized this they would not be so keen to be white.

• Like 1
dc3driver

What I do find shocking is that the local girls in general do not want a baby with a black man

I don't find it shocking at all. I have heard a number of local ladies express that sentiment exactly.

• Like 1

"Do Filipinas Want a Foreign Baby?"

NO! (It's the only answer I can give at such a general question)

But of course some want it, just think how much they can save in whitening products.

I don't find it shocking at all. I have heard a number of local ladies express that sentiment exactly.

They tell you one thing and tell someone else something different. They know what you want to hear.

They tell you one thing and tell someone else something different. They know what you want to hear.

Does this apply to your post a couple of weeks ago about how some Filipino's told you they don't like white people?

ThomsonJr

I've met girls from DIA who clearly wanted a foreign baby, a little bit crazy, or maybe very much, telling me she just wants my baby, and 'I don't have to support', just gimme that baby! Quite ridiculous. I refused and never slept with that crazy girl.

by the way, using the term 'foreign baby' is quite funny, since the baby will abviously be half Filipino.

Edited by ThomsonJr

In my opinion, it depends on the background of the Filipina.  Rarely does this hold true to girls from the upper middle class (yes, there is such thing in the Philippines) to the wealthiest families.  This is because women who come from this social status are able to go overseas to go on vacations or immigrate to the western countries unlike people from the lower class who can only go overseas for employment mostly domestic help or other jobs and can only mingle with westerners from afar; thus, most of them resort to online dating to meet foreign men and hopefully, have babies with some.  Some get lucky and actually get married to one. 

ThomsonJr

I think to many upper class and even upper-middle class (yes this also exists) having a relationship with a foreigner is just not something they are interested in. They can get handsome Pinoy guys, or maybe not handsome, but atleast rich or wealthy, if they come from good families. It's usually if not always the province girls or gold diggers who want to date foreign men, and who don't care about their jobs back home, what they do in real life, their hobbies etc. They just want a foreigner, that's it. So I agree with the post above. I know some girls who would be considered upper-middle class and I think I can date them, well in fact, they are clearly interested in me and have never dated a foreigner before, only Filipinos.

miles-high

I know 2 Filipinas (not my GF’s, from my work) who have foreign babies… One had a baby by an American, no support whatsoever from him, then another from a Canadian, getting PHP5,000 per month for supporting his baby. I don’t know how she supports the family of 3 with a nanny with her monthly paycheck but she does…

Another one with a 3 year old baby, not supported by her foreign father either.

None of their babies are registered with their respective embassies...

I don’t understand what in their mind but I guess these are their stories not mine…

tobster

I wish to add a perspective that may illustrate the Pinoy mindset regarding this topic.

My 3 year old daughter has white skin and brown curly hair and has barely inherited any features from her mother.

Where ever we go she draws alot of attention from girls and older women. Also other Pinoy children are drawn to her.

After 3 years here I have a basic grasp of the dialect, enough to sort of follow what is being said. The comment I hear alot from girls here is that many say upon seeing my daughter that would like to have one like her.

When I am with my daughter no one will try to get ahead of me, I rarely wait for service and middle and upper class older women who normally avoid me go out of their way to strike up a conversation.

The best part is really attractive women will stop, crouch and talk to my daughter so I often get an eyefull.

My point is that I have seen that there are many who do but those kids with that look do certainly seem to have an advantage in life that others do not.post-8039-0-72204800-1378756803_thumb.jpg 

I would say that the answer is yes for many women. Some of the reasons have already been given.

But I think there is a factor that is even weirder. I was at a party the other day with my fiancée and a bunch of her Pinay friends. One had a 2 month old baby (with a white American husband). All the girls asserted that they wanted a white baby. Many (including my fiancée) asserted that if they had a baby it would look white like the father. When I stated that there was just as good a chance genetically that the baby would look more Pinay or at least be colored in the middle, they all disagreed. It was as if they believed that the white gene was stronger than the Malay gene.

udonthani

I've met girls from DIA who clearly wanted a foreign baby, a little bit crazy, or maybe very much, telling me she just wants my baby, and 'I don't have to support', just gimme that baby! Quite ridiculous. I refused and never slept with that crazy girl.

I've had that as well. Complete strangers come up to you and ask you for a baby. You just want to laugh out loud really - as you say it is just totally ridiculous, And sometimes, when you are with another girl in like 'couple' mode,and a girl shopworker, waitress, or passer by says jokingly to her 'hey, can I borrow your boyfriend for a while? I want a blue eye white baby!'

so yes it is pretty deeply ingrained.