Do Filipinas Want a Foreign Baby?

Salty Dog

What I do find shocking is that the local girls in general do not want a baby with a black man

When asked why they say the baby will end up looking like a monkey......

Now I do not have a racist bone in my body and I find it quite offensive......any girl here who chooses a man based on his color is not very smart!

• Like 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lauie

• Monsoon

• wanderlustph

• hyaku

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But if you have one guys, be man enough to do the right thing and properly support your kid(s)..

They can't dance. 

I find black babies to be very cute, especially those little girls with braided hair, and when they start talking in that accent black people have. The grown-ups on the other hand in general, I can't

Posted Images

What I do find shocking is that the local girls in general do not want a baby with a black man

When asked why they say the baby will end up looking like a monkey......

Now I do not have a racist bone in my body and I find it quite offensive......any girl here who chooses a man based on his color is not very smart!

Bit off topic but my wife's aunt, a nurse went to the U.S. to meet the man she had fell for. This was well before the days of online and cameras. She stepped off the plane to meet her man. Imagine her surprise when the white guy waiting for her was not exactly "white".

wanderlustph

I was talking to a foreigner recently, and he told me that one of the reasons he prefers the Philippines is because the girls are more likely to allow sex without a condom.

His words - not mine!

That can be true on my part; no problem as long i am aware of the sexual activities of my partner.

Hard to tell, if you deserve honesty, the good guy will speak the truth.

wanderlustph

Could you explain this a bit more, if you don't mind?

I am not going against filipino men, it's more on me and my differences with filipino men being chauvinist and sensitive at the same time.

I am not speaking of men in general, just the guys i had experiences with. :)

Skywalker

I believe that the OP's question would answer in the affirmative, although I am not convinced by the 'beautiful baby' syndrome.

I think it's more indicative that the woman wants to be in a relationship with a 'white' guy, because it's viewed as a better economic model.  Even though the truth may not be that simple.

Mang Kanor

I am not going against filipino men, it's more on me and my differences with filipino men being chauvinist and sensitive at the same time.

I am not speaking of men in general, just the guys i had experiences with. :)

chauvinist - a person who believes one gender is superior to the other, as a male chauvinist  or a female chauvinist .

so yoou want an equal treatment> but how come most girl (im not saying you), want their men to provide them in everything ie. food, clothes, entertainments etc etc.

also  you mean white guys are insensitive?

lol i just have alot of   free time to have a twisted thinking today :bashtroll:

I'm not surprised.  I knew a half black Filipino man in Cebu City, who suffered a lot of racism, even from his 'friends'.  Filipino's can be some of the most racist people I've known, but for the most part it will be behind peoples backs.

wanderlustph

chauvinist - a person who believes one gender is superior to the other, as a male chauvinist or a female chauvinist .

so yoou want an equal treatment> but how come most girl (im not saying you), want their men to provide them in everything ie. food, clothes, entertainments etc etc.

then you can say Im not a typical Girl, im not looking for men to provide for me and my needs. I am working, for my own and for my family; as long as the guy would respect that, we're okay.

also you mean white guys are insensitive?

please don't put words on my mouth with the things that goes unsaid. ;D

Edited by Headshot
Fixed quote
wanderlustph

I'm not surprised. I knew a half black Filipino man in Cebu City, who suffered a lot of racism, even from his 'friends'. Filipino's can be some of the most racist people I've known, but for the most part it will be behind peoples backs.

That's too harsh a word but i am not to disagree with you.

But here in manila, we're kind of getting along just fine with "blacks".

Not sure if "most" Filipinas want a white baby. It seems to be a bit of a fashion accessory amongst the bar girls of Subic and Angeles. It was quite a fashion accessory for white girls to have a "black" baby in the UK some years ago. I think Harry Enfeld did a comedy sketch about it.

Mang Kanor

That's too harsh a word but i am not to disagree with you.

But here in manila, we're kind of getting along just fine with "blacks".

is it in general or just how you and your friends see it?

from what i know, people from manila look down and criticise people from cebu and other province and portray them as maids and other stuffs.

• Like 1
wanderlustph

from what i know, people from manila look down and criticise people from cebu and other province and portray them as maids and other stuffs.

At least to me and most of the people i know. I have high regards with Cebuanos; I made friends when i visit there. Some of the people i work with here in manila, the most competitive of them came from cebu and mindanao.

Can i just say that the smartest people aren't particular with geographical location?

Cos even kids who grew up in urban areas may skip class and manners. :)

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I wouldn't say it happens everyday, but since I moved to Cebu I've noticed some Filipina (never notice it with men) just seem to have this air about them that they are better than everyone else. Just the way they look at as well as treat everyone else is supercilious and snobbish like their s**t don't stink. The Filipinas that seem to act this way are always older (40s and up) and never attractive, but that's probably because of that permanent scowl on their face. I assume it's because they are part of the upper class elite, but could be other reasons. I never noticed this in my three years in Dumaguete. My SO notices this as well so it's not just some Western perception. 

Edited by Salty Dog

Just look at the beauty aisle at the stores -- it will be full of whitening creams and soaps.

My late wife was into this idea -- she wanted our children to have light skins and western features (their noses were a major concern :) ).

My daughter told me not long ago about one of her full-Filipina friends in the US, whose mother is constantly after her to stay out of the sun. The girl is a bit darker than the rest of the family and the mother gives her a very bad time about it, poor girl.  

udonthani

I hope people are not thinking that it is just women, that think a light complexion is desirable. Guys think just exactly the same. The first south east Asians I ever got to know were Thai guys I worked with on a moshav in the Negev in Israel. It reaches much higher temps there, than in the Philippines. 45 degrees is quite common, in the hotter months. But even in those conditions, the Thais would be donning scarves and covering their bodies completely so no flesh was exposed. It was because when they finally got back to Thailand after a few years with the thousands of dollars they had saved, they wanted it to seem, like they had been working inside, in an office in Singapore, not as a farmhand outside. They might be looking to get married. They would have high status because of their new found wealth, but if they had a dark coloured complexion, then that would send out a different message. The village hottie might turn their noses up at them despite them having a bit of money, if their skin was too dark.

• Like 1