Do Filipinas Want a Foreign Baby?

Salty Dog

• Administrator
Salty Dog
Found this on a blog and thought it was interesting as I've heard this many times since I've lived here. This is a cut and paste from the blog, not my words.

This is a question I ponder from time to time, hope you all can shed some insight to this situation. Over my many years of travel to the Philippines, I do come across sweet and delicate Filipina girls that are interested in marriage and having a family with a foreign man such as an American, Australian, Canadian, etc.  

But mostly they want a baby with a foreigner. They think the baby will be more beautiful. They think the baby will have whiter skin and therefore it will be more beautiful. Keep in mind this is what they are telling me and this is not what I think.

Sometimes one of their sisters or cousins or aunts are married to a foreigner and they end up having a “white” baby and so they get jealous and they always want a “white” baby for themselves because they think it’s more beautiful. I have even come across some crazy Filipina girls that have begged me to make them pregnant just because I am from Canada and they wanted a white baby.

I try to explain to her (them) that it’s not responsible to do that because I cannot commit to them or be a father to their new child, but it seems to not matter to them. They just want a baby from me so it can be different, special, more beautiful in their eyes.

For me I will bad if I were to make a girl pregnant and not be around for the child, for my child and hers. I can not do this when a Filipina girl asks me to make her pregnant, it just doesn’t sit with me well. I’m not sure what you guys think out there. Do some of you guys get happy if a girl asks you to make her pregnant even though you know you will be flying back to your home country shortly thereafter?

Sometimes in the heat of the moment it’s a little stressful, especially if you are not using protection. In the Philippines, using protection, contraceptives, such as birth control or condoms is not yet very popular, so sometimes this does not even come up in discussion. Sometimes it’s the heat of the moment and you know she wanted a baby and maybe you are too carnally turned on, and then the accident happens. A tough call to make.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wanderlustph

• Lauie

• Monsoon

• Siuk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But if you have one guys, be man enough to do the right thing and properly support your kid(s)..

They can't dance. 

I find black babies to be very cute, especially those little girls with braided hair, and when they start talking in that accent black people have. The grown-ups on the other hand in general, I can't

Posted Images

wanderlustph

I never realised until I turned 32 and after three boyfriends that i want a foreign partner, not necessarily a baby though it would be great.

I want a non-Filipino partner simple because of the culture being being entirely different.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I never realised until I turned 32 and after three boyfriends that i want a foreign partner, not necessarily a baby though it would be great.

I want a non-Filipino partner simple because of the culture being being entirely different.

My SO feels the same. She is also 32 and had two bad relationships in the past with Filipinos. She had never even known anyone who was with a foreigner. The baby issue was not a consideration, but I would have to say in many if not most ways, she does not fit the typical (stereotypical) Filipina mold. That's true even for strong traits such as her relationship with her family and religion.

Skywalker

I was talking to a foreigner recently, and he told me that one of the reasons he prefers the Philippines is because the girls are more likely to allow sex without a condom.

His words - not mine!

• Like 2

We constantly are asked why we don't start a family. I tell them I'm a senior citizen myself but its makes no difference because kids are "cute". I laugh it off by saying practice only is fine.

• Like 3
passingby

Not considering the implications of support and all - YES "They think the baby will be more beautiful. They think the baby will have whiter skin and therefore it will be more beautiful.".  This was true in Vietnam where those who are part French were considered the best looking and in other countries I have lived and worked in, including Bangladesh the lighter the skin the preception of better looking.  So no different from a lot of other countries.

johnboy999

Just look at some of the more popular celebrities in Filipino film and TV at the minute and you will see quite a few half-Filipinos such as Derek Ramsay, Ann Curtis, Kim Chiu, Gerald Anderson, Marian Rivera are doing very well. I guess that tells you the mixed race look is popular here, so I can understand why many Filipinas want their baby to be half Filipino. 

Part of it is cultural, the richer elite used to stay inside and didn't get tanned so their skin remained lighter in colour, whereas the poor people who worked out in the fields all day naturally got darker skin. So fairer skin can also equate to a perceived higher social status here

Headshot

Look at the TV celebrities here, and you will understand why many Filipinas want an "imported" baby. Almost every celebrity on television is mixed race (mostly Caucasian/Asian mix). Since these celebrities are who they look to for their standard of beauty, many girls want their children to be mixed race. They see it as a huge advantage in life, and they think there is always a possibility their child will be a celebrity and they will basically win the lottery by having a celebrity as a son or daughter.

• Like 1

Could you explain this a bit more, if you don't mind?

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I can only speak for myself but I love my SO's skin color. She would probably be considered medium as she is not real dark or light skinned. I think she is beautiful just the way she is. She isn't big on the whole being white thing and I'm glad for that. I would bet many of you feel the same way.

• Like 3

I can only speak for myself but I love my SO's skin color. She would probably be considered medium as she is not real dark or light skinned. I think she is beautiful just the way she is. She isn't big on the whole being white thing and I'm glad for that. I would bet many of you feel the same way.

I agree. Although my wife has naturally light skin, I certainly did not choose to be with her based on that.  A beautiful filipina is a beautiful filipina. Skin colour has never been on my mental list when looking for dates.

I wish my wife would tan more often.  Same reason I try to keep a decent tan going; it looks better.

We often have total strangers asking if we have a baby, and why not yet, and we should right now because it will be beautiful.  Shut up and mind your own business.

I've always been very self-conscious about my very fair skin to the point where I wouldn't want to go swimming cause I was embarrassed.  When I was in the Philippines and I told this to my companion she literally thought I was crazy.

Man do I want to go back to where I feel accepted just the way I am with my pale skin and all.

Unfortunately I have to work more here to live the life I want to live there.

Japanese have same thinking on this. Its white, cute thing. But a lot more common sense when it comes to age and raising kids. They lack the "live for today" approach. That went out with the Samurai unless your on the wrong side of life.