Exit clearance duration

The BOI home page is down. Can someone please tell me....How early can I apply for exit clearance before I leave.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JasonEcos

• njb

• hyaku

• Skywalker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No.   But they need a return ticket. 

No you did not pay Exit Clearance, what you paid was travel tax, look at the receipt again

Last month when I went to get my exit clearance they needed what he said...3 pics, and a copy of the acr, When we went to the photo copy stand we asked the girl if its ok if my acr card is expired. Sh

JasonEcos

Mine were 30days.

edit:  Including the last one which I got in August for travel on Sept 1st.

Edited by JasonEcos
Skywalker

Does a Filipino national on their first passport, need a ECC to go on holiday to Malaysia or Hong Kong for instance?

Is it available from the BI as a walk in?  How long does it take, how much does it cost?

Thanks.

Does a Filipino national on their first passport, need a ECC to go on holiday to Malaysia or Hong Kong for instance?

Is it available from the BI as a walk in?  How long does it take, how much does it cost?

Thanks.

Do you have a 13a?  If yes, go to the airport, pay your travel tax, maybe pay the Airport Tax (probably added to your ticket) You wife will go one way to have her Passport Stamped, you will go the other way, if it is the first time out of the country in any given year the cost is about 2850 after that I believe it is 2550

Thanks.

No she does not need an exit clearance in the same way as a 13a holder does. Basically her exit clearance is down to the discretion of the BI officers on duty who can deny any filipino from leaving for whatever reason. Once she is waived through after paying departure tax and terminal fee her clearance is already done

Skywalker

Thanks spooks - without trying to be controversial, I am talking about my Butler.  It's his first trip out of RP.  Just wondered if it was more difficult.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

No.

But they need a return ticket. 

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

..How early can I apply for exit clearance before I leave.

Currently, the earliest you can get it at BI Manaue is 30 days in advance (for someone on a tourist visa more than 6 months in Phils)  You will be asked for your Temp ACR card or a photocopy of the page in your passport that proves you paid for it  (this is new in the last month or so) and you will be asked for fingerprints and photographs as always.

SkyMan

No.

But they need a return ticket. 

Like us, probably an onward ticket, not necessarily a return.  Not sure if they would require a CFO stamp.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Like us, probably an onward ticket, not necessarily a return.  Not sure if they would require a CFO stamp.

Um, no they require a return ticket, to the Philippines in order to leave in the first place. The exception being if they are a permanent resident of another country. 

You are speculating, I am stating fact, there is a difference. 

JasonEcos

When we left for a quick trip to HK last week they required no exit clearance for Hazel (a Filipina), but they did shoot us a bunch of questions to make sure we weren't doing human trafficking. When asked who was paying for the trip we said I was, which was probably a bad idea. Then I had to fill out a form stating I will pay for her expenses and take care of her. I'm guessing if we said she was paying for her tickets then we wouldn't have had the paperwork. Your butler shouldn't have any problems.

As for the ACR card...I've left the country multiple times and have yet to be asked for it..even though the card says right on it that you must hand it in. But I keep it with me just in case they ask.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

As for the ACR card...I've left the country multiple times and have yet to be asked for it..even though the card says right on it that you must hand it in. But I keep it with me just in case they ask

I offered to turn it in on a trip back to USA and they said keep it for a souvenir. When I came back and it was time to get one at the 60 day extension, I showed it to them and they said don't need a new one until it expires. Left three times since then and they never even asked.

Edited by Salty Dog
A_Simple_Man

Currently, the earliest you can get it at BI Manaue is 30 days in advance (for someone on a tourist visa more than 6 months in Phils)  You will be asked for your Temp ACR card or a photocopy of the page in your passport that proves you paid for it  (this is new in the last month or so) and you will be asked for fingerprints and photographs as always.

This according to my personal conversation with Reynaldo at the desk on Aug 10, 2013.  Or believe what you want.

JasonEcos

I offered to turn it in on a trip back to USA and they said keep it for a souvenir. When I came back and it was time to get one at the 60 day extension, I showed it to them and they said don't need a new one until it expires. Left three times since then and they never even asked.

That sums up my experiences as well. I now have a 2-3 of them laying around.