2 credit cards burned in one month

smokey

smokey

Its crazy i have had two cards gone wild in one month ... today i find a visa i have and use to get airline mileage has been burned i go on line and find just in 2 days i have ordered over 40 pizzas and bought gas 11 times and went to circle K and charged almost 800 dollars worth of Slurpee the only place i have used the dam card was at redbox to charge a movie so i am guessing they cloned the card... best check online banking 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I have all my cards send me an email for every charge made. Same with ATM/Debt Card.  I get it on my phone within a few minutes sometimes a few seconds.. Several of them are fraud crazy, but guess that's better than having what happened to you. They would have been all over the multiple pizzas and gas fill ups.

You can also use a virtual type online purchase with many cards. They give you a one time use only number just for that purchase. The merchant doesn't even know that it's not a normal card.

Good luck. About 25 years ago same thing happened to me but a guy at car dealer took it out of my car when I forgot to take it with me during service. I didn't even have to fill out a report or even sign my name. I just called the credit card company. Turns out they went after the gas station that put several hundred gallons in a single car. They told me it was some scam between the thief and the gas station. Even if not, they said anyone who accepts a stolen credit card (at least back then) is responsible for insuring that it is being used by it's owner.

smokey

i am the only one to have these 2 cards in my wallet so they must of cloned the number and i have used both to rent from redbox a movie rental service 

JamesMusslewhite

They should have timestamped video surveillance. Report it... you might get lucky and catch these criminals..

smokey

They should have timestamped video surveillance. Report it... you might get lucky and catch these criminals..

card company dont care and they reverse the charges so if they dont care i not going to worry about it 

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Likely a card reader on the Redbox machine. Go check the Redbox and see if its still there. They can be hard to spot. The CC company should have this figured out quickly because their fraud software analyzes multiple cards reporting fraud that have been used in a common place prior to the start of the fraud. Knock on wood I haven't had any but did get a call from one of the Philippine banks saying they would replace one of my cards because there was the potential for fraud - somewhere I had been had been flagged.

Kabisay-an gid

Its crazy i have had two cards gone wild in one month ... today i find a visa i have and use to get airline mileage has been burned i go on line and find just in 2 days i have ordered over 40 pizzas and bought gas 11 times and went to circle K and charged almost 800 dollars worth of Slurpee the only place i have used the dam card was at redbox to charge a movie so i am guessing they cloned the card... best check online banking 

Was the Redbox machine inside or outside of a store?

smokey

Was the Redbox machine inside or outside of a store?

inside the walmart i think i will go back to the same machine and try to figure out how to remove the unit and then stomp on it    ha ha ha

Arizona was one of the locations listed in a news story that I recently read about card skimmers being found on redbox machines.

are you talking about a US card or a Phils card?

smokey

are you talking about a US card or a Phils card?

us cards but i dont think it matters once i had a debit card done and they must of had a camera watching in the us you can reverse the charges much easier 

i had one card burned in manila when i used it to check into  hotel within one day i was being used in Europe 

Kabisay-an gid

inside the walmart i think i will go back to the same machine and try to figure out how to remove the unit and then stomp on it    ha ha ha

You should certainly go back and examine the machine. If you find anything suspicious, advise store management.

I ended up  taking my credit card details off my itunes account  after somebody hacked into it and  racked up 300 bucks worth of Muslim music

Credit card company reimbursed me

Now I use just use prepaid cards

smokey

I ended up  taking my credit card details off my itunes account  after somebody hacked into it and  racked up 300 bucks worth of Muslim music

Credit card company reimbursed me

Now I use just use prepaid cards

maybe you should have your picture placed on your credit card that will confuse them