• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Kabisay-an gid

• hchoate

• For Real

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I can tell you for sure, is that in the UK, whenever we have had a Labour Government, their tax and spend policies have usually brought the Country to the edge of bankruptcy.   This is what hap

Just goes to show you how fed up the people have become where an unpopular candidate wins. Who in their right minds would think that Carbon tax was a good idea to begin with? All it is, is wealth re-d

6 months is too long - lets review after the first 100 days.  Despite being declared unelectable, Mr negative and all the other tags, Tony is PM.   Rightfully so...since 2009 he has defeated 3 PM's

Posted Images

For Real

6 months is too long - lets review after the first 100 days. 

Despite being declared unelectable, Mr negative and all the other tags, Tony is PM.

Rightfully so...since 2009 he has defeated 3 PM's Rudd, Gillard then Rudd again, not to mention the LNP getting more votes than Labor in 2010.

He's the PM because he clearly deserves to be PM and he should be called to answer for his deeds before this year is out to satisfy the legions that put their trust in him...i think he will delight...i hope i am right.

• Like 4
udonthani

Australia's new Prime Minister, some American comments

there is nothing especially American about a lot of those comments. Mark Steyn is of course Canadian and the Spectator is not an American publication at all but a British one established in 1828. The author of the National Review article - definitely an American publication, unlike the Spectator - John O'Sullivan is also like Steyn not American but in his case British and a former speechwriter to Margaret Thatcher.

why don't you dig up what Piers Morgan or Simon Cowell has to say about Abbott and call those 'American comments' as well.

Edited by udonthani
  • Like 1
Brucewayne

6 months is too long - lets review after the first 100 days. 

Despite being declared unelectable, Mr negative and all the other tags, Tony is PM.

Rightfully so...since 2009 he has defeated 3 PM's Rudd, Gillard then Rudd again, not to mention the LNP getting more votes than Labor in 2010.

He's the PM because he clearly deserves to be PM and he should be called to answer for his deeds before this year is out to satisfy the legions that put their trust in him...i think he will delight...i hope i am right.

No, being an American, I don't have access to the constant feed Australians do.

In 6 months, his policies and behavior should be cast and only then can your brethren across the large pond hand you an unbiased opinion.

Things seem to move slower in government than in real life and the fellow might change strategies in the first few months, so I prefer to wait at least 6 months to see what his final and more permanent work ethic turns out to be.

I don't like praising or condemning anyone too soon because I have been wrong in my haste. 

• Like 1

Who are those Sheilas in white at what looks like the victory celebrations.

any chance of a phone number if I say I went to a jesuit school as well?

Kabisay-an gid

We'll wait and see if he keeps his campaign promises, like scrapping the carbon tax etc.

Good for him if he does.

• Like 2
mactanfamily

Just goes to show you how fed up the people have become where an unpopular candidate wins. Who in their right minds would think that Carbon tax was a good idea to begin with? All it is, is wealth re-distribution and a drag on growth.

The whole plan was sold with the premise of reducing income tax for the poorest, while increasing it on the rest.

In May last year they actually started setting up direct deposit of those funds to low income families. Called the clean energy advance. Yeah, right, an advance is something you actually pay back Ms. Gillard.

She was pulling an OBAMA trying to secure future votes for life. Modern day slavery alive in the US and OZ.

• Like 5
udonthani

Oz got Abbott.

now we're just waiting for Costello to turn up. As in Abbott and Costello. p.s. Good luck guys :) You won.

Kabisay-an gid

Oz got Abbott.

now we're just waiting for Costello to turn up. As in Abbott and Costello. p.s. Good luck guys :) You won.

:rolleyes:   :lazy:

• Like 1
tobster

Oz got Abbott.

There is a minister called Costello. Just need to pair them up and everyone can say it wasn't the government it was those two jokers running it.

Thommoperth

Who are those Sheilas in white at what looks like the victory celebrations.

any chance of a phone number if I say I went to a jesuit school as well?

They are his daughters. :)  Sorry don't have their numbers .........

Ozepete

They are his daughters. :)  Sorry don't have their numbers .........

They are Tony Abbott's very attractive daughters, but don't get any bright ideas cos unlike KRudd this guy is very fit and can fight! :aggressive:

Also Whips, Abbott was a minister in the previous Howard government and Peter Costello was the treasurer so we have gone through the 'Abbott and Costello' bit. 

udonthani

so Abbott is on first, this time?

Also Whips, Abbott was a minister in the previous Howard government and Peter Costello was the treasurer so we have gone through the 'Abbott and Costello' bit.