Royal Enfield

liquido

liquido

Was riding in a taxi this morning in Cebu and I heard on the radio a Royal Enfield dealership has opened up in Cebu? Is that so?Oldest motorcycle manufacture in the world? Never seen a dealership in the USA....

Edited by liquido
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_LivinginTalisay

• Alan S

• hyaku

• johnboy999

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

only true royal enfields were built in britain .after the factory closed any bikes built since then are not true enfields but fakes .The name should have died along with the factory to perserve its pr

The owners can either license out the blueprints and that logo name or let it turn to dust and walk away from untold millions(?) generated from the emerging markets ... I hear your words on the histor

I still like Triumph

Posted Images

I thought a Royal Enfield was a rifle. Caliber, 303 British. :pardon:

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man

I thought a Royal Enfield was a rifle. Caliber, 303 British

Perhaps you are thinking of the Lee-Enfield which was manufactured by the Royal Small Arms Factory?  Never heard of a Royal Enfield so enlighten me.

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 1
tom_shor

Makes a very big hole.

• Like 1
johnboy999

You heard correctly - their showroom is in Banilad...

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/lifestyle/2013/09/05/royal-enfield-arrives-cebu-301611

Royal Enfield arrives in Cebu

Thursday, September 5, 2013

THE oldest motorcycle company in the world, Royal Enfield revs up expansion of its distribution footprint in the Philippines with the official launch of Royal Enfield in Cebu.

With over a century of history since its first motorcycle production in 1901, this Brit-born icon has much positioned itself as a cult brand and is now focused on addressing the surge of demand from local enthusiasts seeking to own a piece of history.

Royal Enfield motorcycles pack the perfect balance of classic collectability, Euro-emissions compliance, fuel-efficiency and bulletproof reliability. Contrary to perception and impression, these bikes don’t sit well in garages & exhibit halls but rather, welcome the grind of daily abuse. Many of these go up the annual Himalayan.

Odyssey, a tough and demanding ride where Enfield owners the world over gather & forge eternal friendships, giving credence to its tagline, “the thump that binds.”

Royal Enfield is exclusively distributed in the country by Hardcore Brothers Motorcycle Customs, Inc., with Anything Timber, Inc. as its dealer partner in Cebu.

Blending retro charm with modern technologies, the Royal Enfield motorbikes, such as the Continental GT Café Racer 535, the Classic Battle Green/Desert Storm, the Classic 500 and the Classic Chrome are all set to make distinct statements on our roads soon.

Royal Enfield Motorcycles are available at Anything Timber, Inc. showroom, Ma. Luisa Road, Banilad, Cebu City.

• Like 1

Perhaps you are thinking of the Lee-Enfield which was manufactured by the Royal Small Arms Factory?  Never heard of a Royal Enfield so enlighten me.

Very common Motor cycle in India

When the UK  factory closed they sold the design to the Bullet (their most popular model) to the Indians,

johnboy999

When the UK  factory closed they sold the design to the Bullet (their most popular model) to the Indians,

Since then, the Indian company, Enfield of India has actually bought the rights to use the Royal Enfield name. The bikes now being sold in the Philippines are almost certainly being manufactured in India (much like the Kawasaki Rouser which is a rebadged Bajaj Pulsar made in India and assembled in the Philippines)

Jvr building.A cortes ave. mandaue city.

just pulled it off there web site

johnboy999

Jvr building.A cortes ave. mandaue city.

just pulled it off there web site

Maybe Sunstar got it wrong (wouldn't be the first time they made a mistake lol)

You're quite right that the official Indian website lists EMCOR as the Cebu distributor, not the company listed in Banilad. I wonder who is actually correct..... :/

Feel sure the enfield factory knows where it is sending the bikes. but where they end up is any ones idea

• Like 1

The legacy of weapons manufacture was reflected in the logo, a cannon, and their motto:

"Made like a gun, goes like a bullet"

• Like 1
Irenicus

I think its Indian.

Yeah.  Went on vacation with two Indians this weekend and the topic got on motorcycles.  They are VERY proud of their Enfields and stated that they were hand assembled and very high quality.  

They are to expensive!
The Rumbler 500 (aka Thunderbird 500) is more expensive than a Kawasaki NINJA 650.