Harassment in Colon

blaze pontaine

Colon residents  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If you were the foreigner, what would you have done?

• Nothing differently than what the guy did.
    • Do what the guy did plus threaten to call the police
    • Stand up and tell the guy to get lost, maybe even push him
    • Punch the guy in the face or smash the beer bottle over his head
    • kill him

rainymike

Talk about shit for brains. Here are some other friendly tips for hanging in Colon.

1. Don't get drunk. If you're getting tipsy, time to go home. If others around you - kano or pinoy are drunk, it's time to move on as well.

2. Don't flash your money. This could mean flashing a wad of 1000 peso notes. Or it could mean having two young pinays on your lap, surrounded by poor guys who don't have that kind of dough. Some people will take that as an insult.

3. If you think you're big and bad, I got news for you. There are a lot of little guys out there who want to prove they are badder than you (little in terms of stature, wealth, etc).

4. Don't shove cameras in other peoples faces. I would not be happy either. Last thing I want is some video of me popping up in Youtube by some idiot.

5. I've stayed in a hotel Colon for over a month. The hotel was cheap and not so bad. Never got into any trouble, but then again, I never went looking for it.

I actually like Colon. It has character. Kind of like watching Casablanca or Bladerunner in real life. LOL ... but I'm not dumb enough to think that I'm Humphrey Bogart or Harrison Ford. I'm just the extra, so I stay in the background and lay low.

• Like 7
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• HeyMike

• smokey

• A_Simple_Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell me, is there a district somewhere in the world where pimps, prostitutes, drug dealers and whatever are plying their trade but they have no problem when some guy pulls out a camera and starts vide

Talk about shit for brains. Here are some other friendly tips for hanging in Colon.   1. Don't get drunk. If you're getting tipsy, time to go home. If others around you - kano or pinoy are drunk, it

Probably sounds counter-intuitive, but another option would have been to offer the guy a beer, have a chat to find out what the problem was.

SomeRandomGuy

ha with all the more fun in the philippines tourism don't u think it is strange that someone gets angry about a camera. After all isn't that what tourists do...? take pictures and video camera's.

Yep I have hung out in colon too for a long time, never at night as I do shopping during the day and I have had a drama there also.

This is just more proof of the anti-foreigner sentiment in cebu...

Colon is posted as a tourist destination for the night markets... way to go philippines once again proving yourself wrong.

More dangerous in the philippines if u are a snap happy tourist apparently... hope the cops get a hold of this guy and teach him a lesson... oh no wait.. stupid foreigner shouldnt have been taking photos.

There is no excuse for this local's behavior... none at all.

If i was in oz and someone did this to a tourist I would be ashamed to be an ozzie

• Like 1
mikewright

If i was in oz and someone did this to a tourist would be ashamed to be an ozzie

Why? Stuff like this happens everywhere, including Oz. Colon is no different.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/452602/20130402/david-greene-topless-shayla-pullen-melbourne-wentholt.htm

Irish Backpacker David Greene 'Killed for Joking about Flatmate’s Topless Girlfriend'

Melbourne man Luke Wentholt accused of beating flatmate to death and injuring second man

An Irish backpacker was beaten to death after he joked about his Australian flatmate's topless girlfriend, a Melbourne court has heard.

Luke Wentholt, 31, allegedly killed Dubliner David Greene, 30, during a row at a housewarming party at their flat in Melbourne's St Kilda district in August.

Greene had been making fun of Wentholt's then-girlfriend, Shayla Pullen, whom he had seen half naked a few days earlier.

"Dave was calling me 'Pinky' because he saw my nipple and was laughing about it," Pullen told Melbourne magistrates court.

Pullen said that Greene had seen her bare-chested as he walked into his flatmate's bedroom to tell him a joke.

The incident was brought up at the party by Greene and that sparked a violent reaction by Wentholt, Pullen said.

"He made small jokes about it and I think Luke was starting to get annoyed. That's why Luke wanted to talk to him outside," she told the court.

The two left the party and started brawling in the hallway.  Another housemate, David Byas, 30, from Dublin, was seriously injured in the melee.

Pullen said she rushed out to check what was going on after hearing yelling and smashing sounds and saw "blood everywhere."

Police found a blood-smeared hammer at the house but detectives believe the tool was not used in the assault, Sgt Nathan Toey said.

Another flatmate, Christine Babuczki, said she saw Wentholt acting like a "crazy monster" and stomping on Greene's head as the Irishman was lying senseless face down on the floor.

Greene died in hospital two weeks later. Wentholt has been charged with murder, serious injury and assault. He has pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to three other charges. The trial continues.

smokey

Talk about shit for brains. Here are some other friendly tips for hanging in Colon.

1. Don't get drunk. If you're getting tipsy, time to go home. If others around you - kano or pinoy are drunk, it's time to move on as well.

2. Don't flash your money. This could mean flashing a wad of 1000 peso notes. Or it could mean having two young pinays on your lap, surrounded by poor guys who don't have that kind of dough. Some people will take that as an insult.

3. If you think you're big and bad, I got news for you. There are a lot of little guys out there who want to prove they are badder than you (little in terms of stature, wealth, etc).

4. Don't shove cameras in other peoples faces. I would not be happy either. Last thing I want is some video of me popping up in Youtube by some idiot.

5. I've stayed in a hotel Colon for over a month. The hotel was cheap and not so bad. Never got into any trouble, but then again, I never went looking for it.

I actually like Colon. It has character. Kind of like watching Casablanca or Bladerunner in real life. LOL ... but I'm not dumb enough to think that I'm Humphrey Bogart or Harrison Ford. I'm just the extra, so I stay in the background and lay low.

i like the area also but for me it has a jerry springer feel 

Edited by smokey

but wasnt he part philipne? that what i think he say then otha walk away slow..

Immaterial, would think the same if he was 100% Filipino. :hi:

He behaved like a foreigner=americano.

SomeRandomGuy

Why? Stuff like this happens everywhere, including Oz. Colon is no different.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/452602/20130402/david-greene-topless-shayla-pullen-melbourne-wentholt.htm

Irish Backpacker David Greene 'Killed for Joking about Flatmate’s Topless Girlfriend'

Melbourne man Luke Wentholt accused of beating flatmate to death and injuring second man

An Irish backpacker was beaten to death after he joked about his Australian flatmate's topless girlfriend, a Melbourne court has heard.

Luke Wentholt, 31, allegedly killed Dubliner David Greene, 30, during a row at a housewarming party at their flat in Melbourne's St Kilda district in August.

Greene had been making fun of Wentholt's then-girlfriend, Shayla Pullen, whom he had seen half naked a few days earlier.

"Dave was calling me 'Pinky' because he saw my nipple and was laughing about it," Pullen told Melbourne magistrates court.

Pullen said that Greene had seen her bare-chested as he walked into his flatmate's bedroom to tell him a joke.

The incident was brought up at the party by Greene and that sparked a violent reaction by Wentholt, Pullen said.

"He made small jokes about it and I think Luke was starting to get annoyed. That's why Luke wanted to talk to him outside," she told the court.

The two left the party and started brawling in the hallway.  Another housemate, David Byas, 30, from Dublin, was seriously injured in the melee.

Pullen said she rushed out to check what was going on after hearing yelling and smashing sounds and saw "blood everywhere."

Police found a blood-smeared hammer at the house but detectives believe the tool was not used in the assault, Sgt Nathan Toey said.

Another flatmate, Christine Babuczki, said she saw Wentholt acting like a "crazy monster" and stomping on Greene's head as the Irishman was lying senseless face down on the floor.

Greene died in hospital two weeks later. Wentholt has been charged with murder, serious injury and assault. He has pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to three other charges. The trial continues.

not really the same  thing now is it

how does he behave badly?   not that i can see from the video..  what does u mean behaved like a foreigner?

I don't get that.. the fact that he was a foreigner does that mean he behaves different?   maybe he should have said.. well obviously I want trouble.. didn't realize it until u came along and bothered me but yes trouble it is

If he was acting like a foreigner taking pictures.. I see philipino's snap happy at almost every bloody thing moving or not moving when on holidays..  hell they take pics of everything they order at a restraunt

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Where is the don't go to bars in Colon at night option???  I have noticed that most of the problems Americanos have is in bars at night??   Whiner

• Like 1

i dont see a problem going place like that 

done it many times 

some times was not the best idea ever but oh well 

especially here in asia if you dont know the area its easy to end up in a wrong part of town 

but and really why taking pictures of strangers in a place like that 

not smart at all 

he could have got him self killed for that 

so i would have not be taking pictures of strangers in any place any way 

and i wouldn't be taking any pictures in a place like that unless it was my friends in it and i would have done the same he did 

• Like 1

"americano" = all white regardless of country and continent!

I have a good Iranian friend who is also a "americano" her in the Philippines.

That's why I use " " ,  "americano". if I meant an American would have written: When I see this video, I think, stupid American.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I thought we all knew we were "americano" here in the Philippines.

Americans always get the blame for dip-shit euro trash and the canuk's

i like the area also but for me it has a jerry springer feel

Springer today-----------Judge Judy tomorrow

Americans always get the blame for dip-shit euro trash and the canuk's

Most Americans are "euro trash" descent!

SSHHHH, Don't be telling people that---------We have worked hard to separate ourselves from the queens Subjects

• Like 1

While Australians are descended from the more decent Europeans :-)

• Like 1

Actually prefer "mixed breed" as in dogs - if they';re too highly breed you wind up with all kinds of mental and physical defects from in-breeding.

What Monty Python some time..

Edited by lamoe
  • 2 weeks later...

if u have to ask stay away and go to none

That is exactly what I do.  Now some might think I am paranoid, racist, judgemental.  I like to think of it as common sense.  I also do not try to hang out in bars in the Ghetto or Barrio's in the US!  

• 2 months later...

I agree, mentioning Filipino diffused things just enough it seemed. Who knows. I spend time in Colon, but, I don't flash phones, cameras, money, or jewelry. And I don't hang out on the street. ZERO problems.  Some of these young bucks are coming down off Meth highs and are ornery as hell. And personally I don't think you can win. I know more than one big tough foreigner (6'5" dudes, ex military etc) that have won the first round only to pay ever so dearly for it later on. 

Another thing, not enough info in that video to see the full story. Generally though, people don't like having their photos taken without permission. Especially married guys on the town at night with the fellas. 

Edited by Ogami