Harassment in Colon

blaze pontaine

Colon residents  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If you were the foreigner, what would you have done?

• Nothing differently than what the guy did.
    • Do what the guy did plus threaten to call the police
    • Stand up and tell the guy to get lost, maybe even push him
    • Punch the guy in the face or smash the beer bottle over his head
    • kill him

mikewright

Probably sounds counter-intuitive, but another option would have been to offer the guy a beer, have a chat to find out what the problem was.

• Like 6
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• HeyMike

• smokey

• A_Simple_Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell me, is there a district somewhere in the world where pimps, prostitutes, drug dealers and whatever are plying their trade but they have no problem when some guy pulls out a camera and starts vide

Talk about shit for brains. Here are some other friendly tips for hanging in Colon.   1. Don't get drunk. If you're getting tipsy, time to go home. If others around you - kano or pinoy are drunk, it

Probably sounds counter-intuitive, but another option would have been to offer the guy a beer, have a chat to find out what the problem was.

shadow

Wheres the option for putting the camera away?  Seems to me, it wasn't worth all the fuss and potential danger.  If all the guy wanted was the camera be turned off, then that's what I would have done. No big deal, avoid the whole confrontation.  It's not like there was anything so terribly worthwhile to photograph anyway.

I don't like having my picture taken without permission either, much less a video.

• Like 5
For Real

Oh, another piece of contingent common sense for those who lack the common sense to stay away from Ghetto's at night.

Keep the lens in your pocket. He's lucky the (soft) thug didn't steal the camera

• Like 1

i don't think the guy was interested in having a beer.  he was posturing in front of his friends who probably later bought him all the beer he wanted.

as far as the camera goes, i think the bad camera work was due to the camera man trying to be discreet about not having turned it off.  not even sure the video camera was the camera in question.  i'd have to watch the video again but the impression i got was the tourist guy doing the talking had his own camera that got the unwanted attention.  perhaps not though.

as far as what would i do?  i'd bitch-slap the boy and leave it to the camera man to have my back as i high-tailed it out of there.  then when i recovered consciousness i'd apply to linc's new health care system for hospitalization payments.

• Like 3

I don't like having my picture taken without permission either, much less a video.

Me neither. Looks to me like its just asking for trouble if you can't back up your actions. As mentioned easy to deal with but there's a maybe theres a few dozen hanging around to back him up. If he isn't the one from the other week he probably knows about it.

Another option. Buy him a beer maybe some tanduay. Then deal with him. Make sure you break the bottle first.

• Like 1

Option 23,
I would not have had such problems, only idiots behaving like that! (
This person looked for problems!)

If someone had filmed me this way, he had problems too.

If I want to make a video of course bring people providing for my safety. (Local bad boys are the best)

I quite often visit Colon and Carbon in the evening and night, at least 2-3 times a month. I still have not had problems I could not  easily handle, but I behave properly.

• Like 3
thadzonline

never underestimate the combination of alcohol, ego and crowds in any location or race....stupidity always follows.

add the culture of machismo and animal-like territorial instinct, guy think he's tough but what cowardice really

JamesMusslewhite

The lesson is to be courteous with your camera, as not everyone wants their picture taken by total strangers. In South Korea it is taboo to take a picture without asking permission first. To not do so could raise bad emotions for you being so rude and inconsiderate. I had many say no, but I had many say yes, and never was anyone offended for having the courtesy to ask first.

I would have simply asked the man with respect, "Sir I would like to take your picture, would you please let me buy you a beer for a picture?" I am sure the man would have said yes, there would have been smiles and merriment, and they would have had a great time.

The man was lucky that the offended man did not know he was being lied to as the camera was still rolling. It ended the best way as no violence occurred.

• Like 5
Canuck Joe

in the average tourist setting its ok to film....but always be descrete and avoid close ups....if they see the camera and give you the look...put it away.

But still...drinking in Colon your asking to get your jaw smashed off or worse.

I agree but I think perhaps the people around there are already a bit wary bearing in mind what went down before. If the purpose is to try and find out who did this to Paul a bit more caution is needed. Why is it on YouTube? Even in the West as a kid I remember some bars with plastic glasses. The options for poll are o.k. but were they the options when going there? Can you really mess around with a camera there in confidence?

Canuck Joe

I agree but I think perhaps the people around there are already a bit wary bearing in mind what went down before. If the purpose is to try and find out who did this to Paul a bit more caution is needed. Why is it on YouTube? Even in the West as a kid I remember some bars with plastic glasses. The options for poll are o.k. but were they the options when going there? Can you really mess around with a camera there in confidence?

i dont think you can do much there with confidence....its like rolling the dice.

A_Simple_Man

When I see this video, I think, stupid "americano"

From the accent of the guy speaking I would not have thought that.

• Like 2
HeyMike

When I see this video, I think, stupid "americano".

You can think that, but they sound more British than American to me.

edit: spelling...I spelled American wrong... go figger.

Edited by HeyMike
  • Like 1
burnttoast

The upload date says january this year. The guy has no other uploads, I'm guessing he created the account there just to post this video, must have made quite an impression on him.