Hire motorcycle with driver for half-day Cebu (or drive self)

newbster

Hi,

Is it possible to drive in Cebu on a motorcycle with a U.S. driver's license?

If not is it possible to hire a motorcycle to ferry me around for half a day to avoid the high cost of taxis?

I need to look at a bunch of places for possible future stays so I'd like to be able to zip around for a few hours without paying tons in taxi fare.

Thanks

Hi,

Is it possible to drive in Cebu on a motorcycle with a U.S. driver's license?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible.

Look up Cebu Expat Services, you can rent a bike from them for 400php per day.

udonthani

Look up Cebu Expat Services, you can rent a bike from them for 400php per day.

I see that you haven't looked it up all that recently. He has put his prices up. MB Garden here http://www.mbs.ph/bikerates%20flash%20pics/bike%20flash%20pics.html is still doing bikes for 400 per day. As far as I am concerned 500 is far too much money to hire a bike for one day. You can get a bike AND DRIVER for that, including gas.

I saw a place across street from strawberry residence renting motorcycles for 100p per day.

I also had a friend ask l.t.o. About driving on foreign (u.s.) license and she was told its not legal but the web site link seems crystal clear that a foreign license can be used.

Edited by newbster
  • Like 1

I see that you haven't looked it up all that recently. He has put his prices up. MB Garden here http://www.mbs.ph/bikerates%20flash%20pics/bike%20flash%20pics.html is still doing bikes for 400 per day. As far as I am concerned 500 is far too much money to hire a bike for one day. You can get a bike AND DRIVER for that, including gas.

I looked them up yesterday before posting a reply... and again today after reading this...

4Y8Ibz1.jpg

• Like 1

I saw a place across street from strawberry residence renting motorcycles for 100p per day.

That sounds like a great deal if they are in decent shape. I haven't seen motorcycle rentals anywhere near that cheap before.

http://www.lto.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/driver-s-licensing

2.  I have a valid foreign driver’s license. Can I use it in the Philippines?

Yes, 90 days from date of arrival.

This is True... providing you have a U.S. Motorcycle Endorsement on your U.S. Drivers License already!!!   Also your expirence level with a M/C SHOULD be a Big Factor.  Oh by the way my wife says Motorcycle Taxis are called "Habal-Habal".

Also bring your passport or at least a copy of the id page and the page with the last entry stamp

This is a habal-habal

habal_habal.jpg

goggleye

Go up to the talambam where Pit -O turns off to the west  just before the big high school - there is a moneygram outlet sign and there are always a bunch of guys there selling motorcycle rides  - habal habal  - i bet you can make a deal with a guy there for half a day 

Edited by goggleye

This is True... providing you have a U.S. Motorcycle Endorsement on your U.S. Drivers License already!!!

Is that listed as a requirement by the LTO? I didn't see it on the website.

It only mentions "foreign" licenses, not US licenses specifically. Does every country in the world have a separate motorcycle endorsement?

Edited by T.S.
  • Like 2

It only mentions "foreign" licenses, not US licenses specifically. Does every country in the world have a separate motorcycle endorsement?

I have a valid foreign driver’s license. Can I use it in the Philippines?

It says valid

Does every country in the world have a separate motorcycle endorsement?

In The Philippines they are separate so I think they would look for motorcycle endorsement if you are stopped riding a bike

goggleye

I would bet that if you were pulled over with a us license without a motorcycle endorsement it would never occur to the officer you dont have a motorcycle endorsement

• Like 1