13A Visa requirements for Australian citizens.

Hi guys.

Been here in Cebu for one year now, happily living together  with my fiancé , we got engaged last April.  Having plans to get married early next year.
I am seriously considering about all options for more permanent visa  now.  13A and Balikbayan first come to mind.   There
has been quite a bit of 13A visa discussion here in reference to o/s paper work requirements  for US passport holders. 

Most of it appears to be about police clearance requirements  . Amount of copies needed.  Notarization.  etc.

For us Australian passport holders. What is the latest on this for us?   I cannot get my hands on anything giving me detailed step by step procedure information about obtaining needed docos.

I`m more than a bit confused, I cannot find anything 2013 on this here on LinC. nor anything up to date anywhere else.  Has anyone (Oz) done this 13A visa application lately ? 

Know of one done it?  I would have no problems with this but How do we go with police clearance and all that?  I have several of these clearance certificates I had to have for work permits in past few years. They only good for 6 months
it appears.

Can any / some  of this be done online?    How about notarization . ID`s . Philippines Embassy / Consulate requirements.  Time frame. This for the visa, then how does one go about getting official copy of your civil status for marriage requirements?  

Or we need to do all this in person?    I`m from Sth. E Qld.    Brisbane would be closest consulate.   I`d  be happy to not need to go back for days /weeks /months to Oz just to do all this.

Any info on online site for application forms and positive guidance much appreciated.

Cheers in advance fellas,  own you`s a beer.

tobster

Yeah mate you are in for some fun times ahead.

Well looks like you gotta get married first which means a trip to the Australian embassy in Manilla to get ur cert. of no incumbrance.

Then if its a civil marriage your missus is gonna have more paper requirements than you.

The marriage certificate can take up to 3 months.

When thats all done then you can think about the 13a visa.

For that the little booth outside the BOI is a great place to get the paperwork you need and just see them they are great.

For the police clearence I am not sure as when I did mine it wasn't required.

But I think you should start with the marriage requirements first before the 13a nightmare begins.....

Cheers Toby

stevensanph

but can also be done in a week if you take the certificate direct to NSO yourself and pay the 'rush' fee.  We did this in Cavite and a week later had the NSO certificate...

Yeah mate you are in for some fun times ahead.

Well looks like you gotta get married first which means a trip to the Australian embassy in Manilla to get ur cert. of no incumbrance.

Then if its a civil marriage your missus is gonna have more paper requirements than you.

When thats all done then you can think about the 13a visa.

For that the little booth outside the BOI is a great place to get the paperwork you need and just see them they are great.

For the police clearence I am not sure as when I did mine it wasn't required.

But I think you should start with the marriage requirements first before the 13a nightmare begins.....

Cheers Toby

Thanx Toby  

I have read good things here about this booth by BOI.  Might just take a ride there for bit more updated info. Never married before so it all is in  a bit of a gray area,

Slowly.... slowly starting to line up the ducks. 

I have a 13a visa and got it from my homeland, not Australia. The process is most likely the same as far as BI is concerned. However, I think most members will agree, getting the 13a visa is a much simpler process if done in your homeland. I am not suggesting you go back to Australia just to avoid some paperwork. But, from what I can tell, the process, when done here, can be quite cumbersome.

Of course, the first order of business is to get married. Just be sure all paperwork is CORRECT. You can read endless posts on this forum about the difficulties of correcting even simple errors. Regrettably, the errors need correcting or you will discover the problems later.

Congrats on the pending nuptials.

Edited by MikeeW