Crime in your area?

Skywalker

I've been in this building for a year.

No break in.  But then to climb onto the balcony, a burglar would have to scale 33 floors.

However, somebody did park in my parking bay recently, (4700 pesos a month) which was very annoying.  I was so upset, I RAISED MY VOICE for a few moments.  Hmm and I need to get my car washed again.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• hyaku

• JasonEcos

• BjornAgain

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A guy jogging behind a bus was asked at red lights.     Why you jogging behind the bus?     Fellow answers,  I`m  saving a lot of money jogging instead riding the bus.   Hey,  in that case,  you`d be

And he's still at it. Ridiculous. I'm starting to suspect someone is leaving the door unlocked. Cough cough helper.

Are shot bun's loaded with rock cakes?

Posted Images

JasonEcos

I've have had someone break into my place about once a month for the past 6 months. Stealing chicken and instant coffee. Occasionally he steals my gf's dresses and broken cell phones. (I've had an eye out for bayuts walking around town in her dresses). Leaves my laptop, expensive camera and gaming consoles. Once he stabbed my helper (she is fine now). No amount of razor wire, motion sensors and alarms have deterred him yet. Having cameras installed so I can identify and have the police take care of him. Must be a neighbor as he seems to always know when I'm gone.

Valencia, Negros Oriental. 10km from dumaguete, municipality population 20k.

I seem to hear about 2 or so foreigners being murdered per year and many more robbed by gunpoint in Dumaguete. Most go unsolved.

Bear trap.

Tiger pit.

Problem solved.

But seriously, sorry to hear that.

,we got 2 shotbun wearing guards patrolling subdivision at night

Are shot bun's loaded with rock cakes? :db:

• Like 2

However, somebody did park in my parking bay recently, (4700 pesos a month) which was very annoying.

p4700 a month?  Huh Huh .  One can ride a taxi in city for a while with that amount.

• Like 1
burnttoast

p4700 a month?  Huh Huh .  One can ride a taxi in city for a while with that amount.

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. If you rode the jeep you'd have enough money left over for a room even.

Edited by burnttoast
  • Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

just be sure to be the biggest criminal in your area and you will be ok

pretty rare to see a news story about a mugger getting mugged

• Like 1

Hy H, on 04 Sept 2013 - 18:22, said: p4700 a month?  Huh Huh .  One can ride a taxi in city for a while with that amount.   Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. If you rode the jeep you'd have enough money left over for a room even.

A guy jogging behind a bus was asked at red lights.     Why you jogging behind the bus?     Fellow answers,  I`m  saving a lot of money jogging instead riding the
bus.  

Hey,  in that case,  you`d be much better off jogging behind a taxi,      you would save whole  lot more.

• Like 5
smokey

retirement means living for today and not worrying about tomorrow 

Surigao City has the usual among the locals drunken brawls and killings, burglaries, drug gang/ dealer violence. As far as expats there was a Canadian murdered last year and a few years before that there was a German stabbed to death during a robbery. Most expat deaths here have been alcohol/drug abuse related. Very safe for expats here for the most part with the use of a minimum amount of common sense.

Ya know, I wondered if anyone ever got thrown in prison or even prosecuted for shooting that guy on the beach, just about a year ago now? From what I heard from some locals the poor guy just bled out right there on the beach and no one even thought to drive the guy to the hospital 15 minutes away and it took like 45 minutes for the ambulance to arrive. That whole story made me sick as I've stayed for weeks at a time near cloud 9 and in hotels on the mainland city. Most people never bothered me as I always stay out of bars, don't drink and always have ny german shepherd with me for companionship not protection. Filipino's are scared shit of dogs.

Regarding crime in the Philippines. Every place I ever rented in was robbed ,never ransacked though(I always suspected the care-takers or landlords).

Came close to maybe two fist-fights but nothing came of it. In 7-8 years, not bad.

Stayin out of bars with drunk locals is most likely why I had no problems.

Filipino's are scared shit of dogs.

When I see an Askal I get a bit nervous too

A bite from a dog infested with rabies is not a situation I want to be in

Not sure to say if it's the same everywhere.
My guess the further towards conglomerate cities like Manila and the closer towards 'war-torn' areas of mindanao I would expect a strange amount of unneccesary violence.

Here in my neighboorhood (cordova) most violence/crime is as mentioned drunk BS..

There have been a great deal of shooting around in the last 6 months, but surprisingly (even though this stuff happens in broad daylight) most of the culprits are either drugpushers/dealers or users. Somehow my neighboorhood folks don't seem to give any rats ass about Shabu addicts. And as usual i just keep on going with my days filling.

As of crime, when I first moved in my friend from the neighboorhood (pinoy) adviced me to tie down anything that seemed valuable that was inside my little gated garden. Note that i don't live in any fancy subdivision just regular old barangay. I didn't follow his advice cause i thought it was a little too much tying down my shellane, cooker and random outdoor knickknacks. Almost 1 and half year later, nothing got stolen yet. The fence is easily scalable, done it myself a couple of times.
Left my bike/car unlocked sometimes, just plain forgot about it and woke up the next morning finding them still there.

Treat your neigh boors nicely and they will keep an eye out on your crap too, or maybe i'm just lucky..

smokey

most of these safety messages are as silly as the guy who walked down the middle of the freeway every day , day after day singing and dancing a jig ... till one day he was run over by a tractor trailer ... until that day he would say the freeways was the safest place in the world to spend your day ... after he became road kill it became a dangerous place