My 13A application experience at the Mandaue BOI office

SkyMan

After I explained that getting such a document was difficult, he told me that there was a way around that requirement, but he didn’t tell me what that way was. It was, quite frankly, a strange conversation. Maybe I did not really understand what he was trying to say. But there was definitely a way to avoid getting the police clearance from home… I just didn’t learn what that way was.

= $$$

I know it's hard to think of it at the time but when asked to make copies it can be helpful to ask "Are these all the copies I need?  So, this page this page and this page, right?  Is that all?"  If you can force them to give you all that up front then they will lose face if they ask for more so you kind of pin them down that way.  Also, it's quite likely their relative owns the copier place so I never go to the closest one or two.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Ahh yes. The photocopying saga. Its childish and ridiculous. All they need to do is put the instructions in writing so people don't need to fall in line only to learn they need to run around again and get more copies. This is not because of requirements changing or anything - because I had the same experience when I did mine a year ago. 

You should have been given an interview date when your app was accepted, and after the interview prepare to wait and wait for your name to appear as approved for implementation. The 'expected implementation date' is not accurate and wasn't even close inmy case, which was late by several weeks and there were no other issues with my application. Its just how it seems to go. And then after implementation wait and wait again for your ACR card to be available. 

But on the bright side, if the rest of your process goes anything like mine did, it is smooth sailing from there. I had to do some extra photocopying AGAIN at the implementation stage. Also, they don't tell you about an extra photo you need (I think this was for the fingerprint card). So you can bring one with you to bypass their in-house 'gotcha' person who will gladly take your photo for a fee.  

Edited by Monsoon

We got "the interview" the following day as we tried to explain that we are sitting around in a hotel and need to go home to pigs, chickens and daily life. I was given the Attorneys number. "The Atty", now removed for fingers in pot activities offered to come to the hotel to "talk things over". I explained it wasn't a fix I needed, just an early interview appointment. He had us and other applicants/victims in the office asking which one of us who take him to lunch. Anyway we humored him and finally managed to complete after a few suggestion of, "We should make baby" and other personal stuff.

I know its a bit off topic, just thought others might be amused.

Can you do all this without your wife being there. Mine felt very abused and pissed off. I just replied, "Well they are your people".

SkyMan

So you can bring one with you to bypass their in-house 'gotcha' person who will gladly take your photo for a fee.

Ahhhhh, pictures.  Yes, about every year I take a picture of myself and my wife and print several 2X2 and 1X1 pics off of my printer on photo paper.  I keep a few in a plastic pouch in my wallet and she has some in her purse.  Always ready for that annoying requirement.