Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

budget hotel in Calamba

udonthani

does anyone know of any budget hotel in this area.

it is a pretty large city of nearly 400,000 also it is Rizal's birthplace and must get some visitors so I would imagine there is quite a few places to stay around there, however cannot find any trace of a budget one on the web so far.

I might be ready to pay more than I usually would on this occasion but I would still want a ceiling of about 1500.

stevensanph

Calamba is my home town!

Yes, its a biggish city, but it is far from touristy.  The main industry is semi cons from US/Japan/Korea, and then private hot spring resorts catering to day tourists from Manila.

There is three budget hotels in the center at crossing (basically where the 2 national highways meet, and where SM city calamba is), although all 3 names escape me.  Give me till tomorrow and I'll get the names on my drive home from work tonight.

If you want somewhere NICE though, there is a place called 88hotsprings (Korean managed - 88resort.com) which is about 4000/night (but worth it :) )

udonthani

thank you but not it really has to very close to Calamba itself. This place http://www.greenglasshotel.com/room-and-rates was  suggested by my interviewee as being very close to her work and I just called them up and yes, the discounted room rate of 1,600 is available even if you have a kano accent.

any idea how much you could a taxi straight there from the airport. I would imagine it will be quite a lot.

stevensanph

One of the ones I'm thinking of is the Green Glass Hotel, but its not really budget

http://www.greenglasshotel.com/room-and-rates

There is another cheap one next to the bus station - it'll be 1000/night max I guess.  Give me till tomorrow :)

udonthani

Calamba is my home town!

Yes, its a biggish city, but it is far from touristy.  The main industry is semi cons from US/Japan/Korea, and then private hot spring resorts catering to day tourists from Manila.

There is three budget hotels in the center at crossing (basically where the 2 national highways meet, and where SM city calamba is), although all 3 names escape me.  Give me till tomorrow and I'll get the names on my drive home from work tonight.

If you want somewhere NICE though, there is a place called 88hotsprings (Korean managed - 88resort.com) which is about 4000/night (but worth it :) )

this is very good. Find them out for me I'm looking for 1000 or not much more than 1000 really. It has to be not so far from the SM i.e. not so far, from the Green Grass hotel linked above.

I would also like to know if you have any suggestions as to a relatively inexpensive way to get there from the airport.

stevensanph

thank you but not it really has to very close to Calamba itself. This place http://www.greenglasshotel.com/room-and-rates was  suggested by my interviewee as being very close to her work and I just called them up and yes, the discounted room rate of 1,600 is available even if you have a kano accent.

any idea how much you could a taxi straight there from the airport. I would imagine it will be quite a lot.

Yes, alot if just taking a taxi from airport.  Easiest would be private driver there and back (there is no taxi's in Calamba).  Cheapest would be a bus (Every bus goes through the center of Calamba to Manila) to Manila and then taxi once your in either Alabang or better Buendia (the last stop for the Laguna buses) 

panther

does anyone know of any budget hotel in this area.

it is a pretty large city of nearly 400,000 also it is Rizal's birthplace and must get some visitors so I would imagine there is quite a few places to stay around there, however cannot find any trace of a budget one on the web so far.

I might be ready to pay more than I usually would on this occasion but I would still want a ceiling of about 1500.

why you being such a tight arse whippy after all you were bragging about records sales of ice creams this year try splashing out a bit for a change to impress your harem of girlees

stevensanph

this is very good. Find them out for me I'm looking for 1000 or not much more than 1000 really. It has to be not so far from the SM i.e. not so far, from the Green Grass hotel linked above.

I would also like to know if you have any suggestions as to a relatively inexpensive way to get there from the airport.

the cheapest way is bus.  If you can get from the airport to Pedro Gil LRT, that is where the bus terminal for Green Star buses is.  From there you take a bus bound for Sta. Cruz.  These ALL pass through Calamba and shouldn't be much more than 100peso.

Alternative is getting a driver.  My neighbor does private airport runs - let me ask him what the usual rate is, and I'll check the name of the other hotels which are alluding me right now...

A job in Calamba?  I might not be the only white guy in town soon :)

udonthani

this is brilliant I might get the bus actually, even though I will be arriving straight from Europe and will be a bit tired. It is in the daytime.

but ask your neighbor what he can do it for as an airport taxi pick up anyway. If he doesn't want to come out to the airport, I could meet him in Paranaque if that makes it a bit easier for him. There could also be another job for him a couple of days later back to Manila. Going to Calamba, about 1.30-2pm from the airport or Paranaque. Going to Paranaque from Calamba 2 days later morning about 9am. If he knows he is going to get 2 jobs out of it, then maybe he can charge less than he normally would, for each one.

Edited by udonthani

stevensanph

Ok, got them

Cheapest will be Astrotel (next to bus station, directly across road from SM Calamba).  I think it might be walk in only, but will be cheap, and its brand new in last 6 months.  Not on their website, but for sure its there.  Will try and get phone number  https://www.facebook.com/Astrotel.Page http://www.astrotel.com.ph/

Next is Star Andrea http://panpages.ph/listings/ph450151-star-andrea-hotel.  It's next to the 'bars' so you can guess the usual clientele. 

Finally, a little further away (5 mins on a jeepney), but will be the nicest and shouldnt be too much is garden Inn https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garden-Inn-Resort/139108979513735?id=139108979513735&sk=info.  They have a pool too - I would be amazed if the rate is over 1000peso/night especially if midweek as they are busy for group bookings on weekends.

edit:  another one I just remembered - Happy J resort.  Know nothing about it but drive past the sign every day. Tel is: 0928 592 9080.  This is it on a map http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=14.197378&lon=121.144191&z=17&m=b&show=/9992289/J-RESORT.  It's about 5 mins on a Jeepney/tricycle from crossing/SM

Edited by stevensanph

stevensanph

this is brilliant I might get the bus actually, even though I will be arriving straight from Europe and will be a bit tired. It is in the daytime.

but ask your neighbor what he can do it for as an airport taxi pick up anyway. If he doesn't want to come out to the airport, 

I'll ask tonight

its about a 50kilometer trip to the airport and the return toll alone on the SLEX is circa 500p.

udonthani

yes I know a car may not be cheap, I have a very good friend in Cavite who is rich enough to employ their own driver who drops them off in Manila at work each day. He might be able to take me for a lower fee (i.e. a tip for him only).

but taking a bus would not kill me even after a long flight.

Finally, a little further away (5 mins on a jeepney), but will be the nicest and shouldnt be too much is garden Inn https://www.facebook...9513735&sk=info. They have a pool too - I would be amazed if the rate is over
1000peso/night especially if midweek as they are busy for group bookings on weekends.

that sounds OK. A pool would be nice, as long as it is not too far away from the Green Glass. It would be a Wednesday and Thursday night.

miles-high

One of my friends comes up to visit from San Pablo and she tells me the Laguan bus is very good. In fact, when she came to visit last Sunday, it took her 35 minutes from Calamba to Alabang. I would suggest you take a taxi to Alabang to catch a it bus, not those LRT stations as they are "opposit" direction from Laguna (not to mention the "traffic" around the airpor toward that direction)... I always pick her up and drop her off at Alabang. I don't know the exact location of the bus stop but it's by the Alabang Star Mall along SLEX.

Unless of course, if you can arrange a private car pick up so much the better... :)

stevensanph

I would suggest you take a taxi to Alabang to catch a it bus, not those LRT stations as they are "opposit" direction from Laguna (not to mention the "traffic" around the airpor toward that direction)... I always pick her up and drop her off at Alabang. I don't know the exact location of the bus stop but it's by the Alabang Star Mall along SLEX.

The issue with getting a bus in Alabang is there is never a seat left getting on there, as they all originate in Manila.   But yes, the pick up terminal for all the buses is outside the Star Mall.  I've used the bus a lot and always go to Pedro Gil as it means Im guarenteed a seat.