Cebu British Consul contact details

Does anyone have any details if there is a replacement after Mrs Jackson left earlier this year?

Does anyone have any contact details as tel no's. listed no longer work?

Thanks in advance.

David_LivinginTalisay

I subscribe to e-mails e-mails from [email protected]

I have not received any notification as to a replacement for Moya Jackson, in Cebu

Therefore all British Nationals need to contact the British Consular Section in Manila:-

Consular Section

British Embassy Manila
120 Upper McKinley Road
McKinley Hill
Taguig City 1634
Manila, Philippines

Telephone: +63 2 858 2200

Fax: ...........+63 2 8582342

E-mail:........ [email protected]

To book an appointment for a consular service, visit our Clickbook site

Found the following from some e-mails from the British Embassy in Philippines:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/priority/supporting-british-nationals-in-the-philippines

For details of the Embassy's address, Phone numbers, Consular fees, Opening times and General information, please visit our website

http://www.ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk

IF WE CAN'T FIND YOU, WE CAN'T HELP YOU.
Use our new LOCATE service to tell us where you are travelling to so our Embassy and Crisis staff can provide better service in an emergency such as a terrorist attack of natural disaster.

We are encouraging ALL British Nationals travelling and living overseas to register with LOCATE, even for short trips. Register your next trip or presence with us by visiting 
www.fco.gov.uk/travel 
and clicking on LOCATE or click 
http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/registering-with-us.

WE WELCOME YOUR VIEWS ON THE SUPPORT WE PROVIDE
They will help us identify what we do well and what we could do better. If you have any comments on the support or advice you received, please e-mail your comments by visiting 
http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/consularfeedback/ 
Your comments are important to us.
Thank you for your time.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office holds and uses data for purposes notified to the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998

(which may be viewed at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk). Such personal data may be disclosed to other UK Government Departments and public authorities.

This used to be Moya Jackson Contact Details

Moya Jackson

Honorary British Consul

British Consulate

Cebu

Villa Terrace

Greenhills Road

Casuntingan

Mandaue City

Cebu 6014

email: [email protected]

Telephone: ...032 346 0525

fax:................ 032 238 9055

Office Hours:. 0900hrs - 1300hrs Monday - Friday

by appointment

Embassy Website: www.ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk

From an e-mail from [email protected]

News story: Advisory for British nationals in Cebu
16-04-2013 06:55 AM BST

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/advisory-for-british-nationals-in-cebu

Our Honorary Consul in Cebu will retire on 19 April. (2013)

For urgent consular matters, please contact the British Embassy Manila.

placeholder-9c80ce963ad21f3cdbc5676d8723

Brendan Gill, Consul of the British Embassy Manila reminds British nationals in Cebu to please contact the British Embassy Manila for consular matters, especially Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) applications.

Mr. Gill said:

Moya Jackson, our Honorary Consul, in Cebu retires on Friday 19th April. In the interim period, and until her successor is officially appointed, all CNI applications and other matters should go through consular section, British Embassy Manila.
We apologise for the temporary inconvenience.

Click here for the complete contact details of the consular section of the British Embassy Manila.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
David_LivinginTalisay

As usual, very little or no information from the Embassy in Manila.

Guidance: Marriage in the Philippines

I sent an e-mail GOV.UK suggesting that it's left hand does not know what the right hand is doing?

What is the point suggesting a British subject wanting to get married in Cebu, Philippines and needing a 'NIC' (No Impediment Certificate) should contact the Honoray British Consulate (Moya Jackson), in Cebu.

Just the week before they sent out an advisory stating that the Honorary British Consulate (Moya Jackson), in Cebu, was retiring on 19th April 2013 (my 58th Birthday).

How can/should British Nationals in Cebu, wanting to get married contact Moya, when she is no longer the Honoray British Consulate from 19th April when she retired!

25-04-2013 10:07 AM BST

https://www.gov.uk/government/ publications/marriage-in-the- philippines

But surely, this is no longer possible, since we already recived this news:-

News story: Advisory for British nationals in Cebu

16-04-2013 06:55 AM BST

https://www.gov.uk/government/ world-location-news/advisory- for-british-nationals-in-cebu

I might suggest removing "or from the British Honorary Consulate in Cebu."?

Or replacing it with, "This also applies for CNI applications in Cebu, until a new successor to Honorary Consul, in Cebu, is appointed".

Honoray British Consulate

Quite frankly, who is likely to be qualified for such job and willing to become the new successor to Honorary Consul> in CebuSuch appointment, was on a Volunteer basis I understood, meaning Maya Jackson was likely to not get paid any salary as such, just some 'fringe benefits', perhaps?

I did not get an Invite to Moya Jackson's Retirement Party (then again I would have had to decline as I was in Mianyang, Sichuan, from February 26th 2013 to June 14th|).

Cebu-Cebu Cebu bids British honorary consul Moya Jackson adieu in style  By Jaime Picornell

Philippine Daily Inquirer

6:31 am | Sunday, May 12th, 2013

British Ambassador Stephen Lillie hosted a reception at the Cebu Country Club in honor of Moya Jackson, member of the

British Empire, on her retirement as the British honorary consul in Cebu.

Ambassador Lillie proposed a toast to Moya and Antony Jackson, who came to Cebu in 1961 in what was supposed to be a temporary assignment. They’ve been part of the Cebu tapestry for the past 52 years.

Ambassador and British Consul in Manila Brendan Gill took the opportunity to present Moya with a special consular award for distinguished service, oftentimes beyond the call of duty.

“I love you all,” said Moya, who has been Her Majesty’s honorary consul for the past 25 years. Loud cheering came from the assemblage of the British community, the Cebu Consular Corps and a sprinkling of dear friends.

Moya said the same to a group of friends who held an everybody’s party for her and Antony at The Beehive, one of Cebu’s oldest restaurants. Their “Cocido Completo” is legendary, and that’s what the party’s organizers Carmen Campbell and Teresita Moraza Mendezona ordered as “plato unico.”

Among those present were Hazel Gonzalez (the Beehive’s owner), Mario Mendezona, Michel and Amparito Lhuillier, Angeles Marthieu, Evelyn Ugarte, Julina Muertegui, Maritere de Rotaeche, Margie Taylor, Rosebud Sala, Teresin Mendezona, Annie Aboitiz, Conchita Taylor, Maricar Medezona and Lourding Marquez.

Before the evening was over, Moya recalled some anecdote about each and everyone present, mostly dealing with the first time she and Antony had met the person. There were some hilarious recollections, prompting someone to tell Moya that when she gets to London she should write a book about Cebu memories.

It’s not goodbye, the Jacksons were told by all. They may be leaving for England by the middle of May but they intend to be back before the year is over, to spend the cold months here.

“So, it’s sooner than you think,” quipped Antony.

Besides, they have family here. Daughter Tamsin lives in Cebu, married to Robert Booth. She just might follow in the footsteps of her mother as British honorary consul.

Read more: http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/103063/cebu-bids-british-honorary-consul-moya-jackson-adieu-in-

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay