Living in Talisay

thadzonline

thadzonline

@brucewayne suggested I start this thread and share my views(as a local) on the good and bad points about living in Talisay. Please note this is my point of view, so there might be differing opinions as well.

The good things I like about living here:

1. Quiet(well it depends which part you live)
  2. Accessibility, at least from where I am, right behind Gaisano Fiesta Mall, 5 minute drive to SRP,2 minute drive to main highway, 1 hour to Toledo City, 1.5-2 hours to Moalboal(beaches), 2 hours to Oslob(whalesharks)
  3. Lower cost of living than Cebu City
  4. Easy to do business(not as long as queues in Cebu City when registering a business)
  5. Good business potential as well, it's still a developing city
  6. Cheap resorts, although not as luxurious as the ones in Mactan, forget about the beach here)

The things I wish will improve:

1. Increasing crime rate(Police here are too scared to act sometimes or there are even rumors they are involved in some illegal activities including drugs), too many loose guns too
  2. Rumored drug problem
  3. traffic situation, especially in Tabunok where I live
  4. nightlife and entertainment, it's either dead or i'm not in the know lol
  5. beggars, Cebu City got rid of them, guess this is where they transferred

It helps to be street smart and obsessively paranoid about safety which I am. I have lived here without incident since '93

smokey

and just how long is a piece of string if i can ask .... 

• Like 1

I live there 3years in tabunok, the streets are very dirty and traffic more wors then in the city

udonthani

there are two kinds of people, north of Cebu city people and south of Cebu city people (plus the rest who don't mind being in the toilet in the middle). I definitely lean towards north.

Edited by udonthani
  • Like 1
thadzonline

I live there 3years in tabunok, the streets are very dirty and traffic more wors then in the city

this is so true, especially under the flyover and the intersection near the main elementary school. 

there are two kinds of people, north of Cebu city people and south of Cebu city people (plus the rest who don't mind being in the toilet in the middle). I definitely lean towards north.

I wouldnt mind the north as well, the beaches there are good, only 1 road access though. I hope they add some more

udonthani

for some reason - and you can probably guess the reason better than me - the sea gets cleaner much faster as you go north out of center than it does if you go south out of center. By the time you get to about Compostela, though it is still not pristine it is not so bad. You have to go further south of center than just 25km to find the water in a similar kind of state.

• Like 1
Mang Kanor

lol at the rumored drug problem...

guess what its not rumor anymore

thadzonline

for some reason - and you can probably guess the reason better than me - the sea gets cleaner much faster as you go north out of center than it does if you go south out of center. By the time you get to about Compostela, though it is still not pristine it is not so bad. You have to go further south of center than just 25km to find the water in a similar kind of state.

Something to do with tides maybe or the rate of "industrialization"? I could also say the kind of sand makes a difference. In the southeast, it's mostly dark sand, while you get more white sand in the southwest and up north

Edited by thadzonline
For Real

Something to do with tides maybe or the rate of "industrialization"? I could also say the kind of sand makes a difference. In the southeast, it's mostly dark sand, while you get more white sand in the southwest and up north

The sewerage trucks pumping effluent into waterways at 4am might be part of the problem as well

picture of my new security fence attachicon.gif484866_483791504989911_2078255727_n.jpg

I hope you lock it at night when you go to bed. The glass on top of it would help too, as Broden suggested.  Can't be too careful!

Edited by Topper