I Wish This Picture Was Posted in Every School in The Philippines

Knowdafish

1990_596579477059987_880426519_n.png

I think education is the key to stop pollution, especially the throwing of trash in any handy body of water. 

• Like 4
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I have for some time suggested some changes to the 'mainstream institutionally accepted' methods of rearing people. I have a list of things people should be required to do before being released into the world as 'grown ups'. 

and  somewhere in my list is:

- Make everyone swim just once with the dirty diaper fish. That'll make people think twice about what they do with their garbage - especially if you invite them to have one roasted with herbs and butter if they are caught dumping into the ocean. Or better yet - sashimi style. 

• Like 1

I once worked for a shipyard in the US. We built one barge that sole purpose was to dump trash. The thing was cut down the middle and had hydraulics to open it. It was built for a company in New York. It was painted black, had two small lights and had no hookups for a tug. It had a 200 yard cable that attached to the tug and was remote operated. Whatever they were dumping they didn't want to be anywhere near it when it hit the water. Was told you had to go out in international waters to dump trash as it was illegal in the US. They said most of the stuff floated down to the bottom and was compacted by the water pressure......but I don't believe that.

Edited by Wrye83
  • Like 1

Just look at the nuclear waste that the US dumped off the coast of California.

Not that they were alone. Most countries did the same. In fact one of the objects of the International Geophisical Year was to find areas suitable for dumping the stuff.