OPERATION CORNHOLE

the.lone.gunman

the.lone.gunman

OK... Assad has had plenty of time to hide his goodies and stash his air force so that they don't get destroyed by the upcoming US strike. About one hour after the US strike begins Syria's air defense systems and radars will be cooked.  And the Syrian air force will not and can not fly.This gives the Israeli air force a direct shot across Syria and Iraq and into Iran. First, US cruise missiles hit and soften up the Iranian nuclear program, and then the Israeli air force can finish the job. And they can refuel in the air with impunity over Syria if they need to. Two birds with one stone.....why feck around ?

• Like 1
smokey

OK... Assad has had plenty of time to hide his goodies and stash his air force so that they don't get destroyed by the upcoming US strike. About one hour after the US strike begins Syria's air defense systems and radars will be cooked.  And the Syrian air force will not and can not fly.This gives the Israeli air force a direct shot across Syria and Iraq and into Iran. First, US cruise missiles hit and soften up the Iranian nuclear program, and then the Israeli air force can finish the job. And they can refuel in the air with impunity over Syria if they need to. Two birds with one stone.....why feck around ?

why dont you rush down to the usa and join the army and then you can see it all first hand  

• Like 2
samatm

A halfway plausible scenario given Israel's  contempt with Iran's Nuke.    However,  I don't really think  It takes knocking out the  Syrian AF to bomb  the living daylights out of that nuclear facility. 

the.lone.gunman

why dont you rush down to the usa and join the army and then you can see it all first hand  

Because I can watch it on CNN.

• Like 1
Headshot

A halfway plausible scenario given Israel's  contempt with Iran's Nuke.    However,  I don't really think  It takes knocking out the  Syrian AF to bomb  the living daylights out of that nuclear facility. 

You talk as if Iran has put all of its nuclear facilities in one location. It ain't so. Not only that, but Iran has put most of its nuclear program underground...where it is not susceptible to air attack. This idea is not plausible at all, and is why it hasn't already been done.

the.lone.gunman

You talk as if Iran has put all of its nuclear facilities in one location. It ain't so. Not only that, but Iran has put most of its nuclear program underground...where it is not susceptible to air attack. This idea is not plausible at all, and is why it hasn't already been done.

I know it is underground and in different locations.  Keep sending bombs and cruise missiles to the same holes. It will work.

CebuKano

cnn loves war and strife. It's the only time their ratings aren't in the crapper.

If the US is so hellbent on attacking anyone I say that the politicians and their families should lead our brave military in battle, personally. First ones in. Politician boots on the ground, none of this drone stuff... And make it mandatory that they pay for the entire conflict with a war tax, seperate from all other taxes withheld, reflected on each pay stub for every American. They could list it seperate -- CONFLICT TAXES WITHHELD: 1. Iraq $$$.00; 2. Afghanistan $$$.00; 3. Iraq; 4. Syria $$.00; 5. Currently Unknown $$.00..... I wonder how many more battles they would allow our presidents to engage in and endorse by their inaction, i.e. continued funding.

• Like 2
Skywalker

They could list it seperate -- CONFLICT TAXES WITHHELD: 1. Iraq $$$.00; 2. Afghanistan $$$.00; 3. Iraq; 4. Syria $$.00; 5. Currently Unknown $$.00..... I wonder how many more battles they would allow our presidents to engage in and endorse by their inaction, i.e. continued funding.

An interesting idea, but never forget that the freedom you enjoy has been paid for in the arena of WAR, by brave men and women who put themselves in harms way.  They weren't there for the money.

Sad but true.

• Like 1
BossHog

cnn loves war and strife. It's the only time their ratings aren't in the crapper.

I fully support all military actions that preclude CNN from obsessing about soccer.

It used to be a news channel.

Then again, I haven't turned on the TV since the Superbowl.

• Like 2

Maybe better  just go and buy one of those war game videos, play it and pat yourself in the back  being the biggest hero. 

• Like 1

Sure let's in there again in the name of "democracy". Then we can sit back and wait for another terror attack a home.

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

They can't attack Iran yet.... it is the last on the list.

Knowdafish

They can't attack Iran yet.... it is the last on the list.

...only if Iran doesn't join in the fun in Syria. 

Democracy Now!
March 2, 2007

“We’re going to take out seven countries in 5 years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran” —

General Wesley Clark. Retired 4-star U.S. Army general, Supreme Allied 
Commander of NATO during the 1999 War on Yugoslavia .

Sounds like a plan! 

• Like 1
CebuKano

An interesting idea, but never forget that the freedom you enjoy has been paid for in the arena of WAR, by brave men and women who put themselves in harms way. They weren't there for the money.

Sad but true.

I never questioned the brave men and women that put themselves in harms way. They do a great job doing what they are ordered to do. I just said that the politicians who decide to attack other nations should lead the way by example. If they are so confident that they are doing what is right then why would they hesitate to personally lead the way, on ground, with their family members who are 18 years of age or older? If they are willing to put our fine armed forces troops in danger then why would they not want to put themselves and their family in harms way?

As for freedom, how has the US invading Iraq and Afghanistan made me more free in my country of birth, the US? Do US citizens enjoy more freedom now than before we invaded these countries? How did these countries specifically threaten my freedom before they were invaded?

Edited by Motörhead
  • Like 1