• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zafeinix

• Crissy2013

• smokey

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Record this when she asks again so you have proof and then post it on the interent to name and shame business's that are racist or employee racist tactics because. I hate one price for locals one pri

Sky Cable sucks. If you have other options in your area go with one of them. We had to get Sky Cable coz we had no other choice. Worst of all is it goes out every time it rains. Avoid it if possible.

Call Sky Cable head office and see what you can shake out.

Posted Images

At the Toledo Cable office where you go to sign up , they tell you " do not pay any cash to installer " .. so I guess they've got that one covered here

The 2k fee is it, the only additional cost is if it over a certain amount of distance from inside connection junction for the modem/cable box

johnormoc

Sky Cable sucks. If you have other options in your area go with one of them. We had to get Sky Cable coz we had no other choice. Worst of all is it goes out every time it rains. Avoid it if possible.

Oh btw...that is definitely skin tax. Let your wife/significant other have your back on that one. When I suspect the "skin tax" I always tell my wife to sort it out and she always does without conflict. She usually tells them I know the regular prices and I'm kuripot. Works for us and has saved me thousands over the years. 

• Like 3
smokey

the installers are sub contractors  the fee for extra cable could be right but not extra to install 

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

pretty sure you get up tp 15 meters and then are charged 50 peso a metre if it is further then that ( I think).

I personaly will not stand for skin tax. Filipino's expect to be treated the same as Australians when they move to my country and I expect the same here.

• Like 2
smokey

we had a little extra cable needed so it cost an extra 1,500 i think the sat-alight  is on the top level and the TV that was being hooked up was on the bottom 

post-35-0-98292200-1377913475_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
easy44

Just tell the installer you will pay him but he has to give you an OR (original receipt) for the additional amount.  Something tells me he won't charge you.

bargeman

No. Anyone can be an idiot. 

Any nationality or language, no training needed.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

When my cable TV was installed at my apartment in Basak (near Vistabella, pronounced "Vistabelia" here) I had to pay P1500 extra because the installer said it was too far from something.  I wanted cable TV so I just paid it.  I didn't want to argue with the guy, besides it took long enough to get him there in the first place.  Call it a skin tax if you like. I paid it. My blood pressure remained under control. 

I also paid extra, 1000 in my case, but I got cable wired to all 4 bedrooms for that.

globe charged for wire and we had to bye poles when our install was more then 200 meters from the box . But no cash demands up on installation. 

On a good service note: they upgraded our 3 mbps to 5 mbps (no additional cost) cos we re-installed in our new place!

R

USCebuana

we had a little extra cable needed so it cost an extra 1,500 i think the sat-alight  is on the top level and the TV that was being hooked up was on the bottom 

attachicon.gifphoto2.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto2.JPG

Is that your house Smokey? Why do you have such a big house? 

Davaoeno

Is that your house Smokey? Why do you have such a big house? 

Thats funny !! just last week i met with another member of Linc and asked him why he had such a small house ??  

When in Cebu I had Cignal for over two years, with very little problems. Not as good but similar to Direct TV in U.S.