Hi

Im new to these forums been in mactan 3 years and know about many of the scams that exist, especially if your western. I Always seem to end up here reading helpful hints if I can't find answer threw local friends.

Anyway we have just decided to get skycablebroadband installation internet with cable tv. Everything was normal until one of the girls from grandmall booth turned up on my doorstep at a strange hour to tell me that I would have to give the installer additional (in cash) money if he thought it was a hard to install in the house on top of the 2000 install fee, most of my neighbours have skycable for internet and tv and I questioned them how much they had to pay additional ( all the houses here are the same) when theres got installed. All of them said that they paid no additional except for the instllation charge 2000Php, As the skycable girl wouldnt give me even an estimate of the so called additional, Im getting the feeling I'm in the process of getting ripped off by her and installer splitting the so called additional costs that most probably dont exist and pocketing the money for themselves?

Has anyone ever heard or had this happen to them... Im very suspicious now and any input would be greatfully appreciated

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zafeinix

• Crissy2013

• Canuck Joe

• USCebuana

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Record this when she asks again so you have proof and then post it on the interent to name and shame business's that are racist or employee racist tactics because. I hate one price for locals one pri

Sky Cable sucks. If you have other options in your area go with one of them. We had to get Sky Cable coz we had no other choice. Worst of all is it goes out every time it rains. Avoid it if possible.

Call Sky Cable head office and see what you can shake out.

Posted Images

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Kano tax. 

• Like 1
Canuck Joe

• Like 2
udonthani

cover up, wear dark glasses all the time, pretend you are deaf and dumb and it might happen just a touch less.

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

Record this when she asks again so you have proof and then post it on the interent to name and shame business's that are racist or employee racist tactics because.

I hate one price for locals one price for foreigner. Record name and shame I say

• Like 3
bahalina buong

Everything was normal until one of the girls from grandmall booth turned up on my doorstep at a strange hour...

Probably a scam, but there is also a chance said employee was interested in you.  Was your wife/gf home at the time?  Maybe the 'extra charge' ruse was just a way for her to save face.

I have contacted head office, am still waiting a reply.... will update with there answer

Record this when she asks again so you have proof and then post it on the interent to name and shame business's that are racist or employee racist tactics because.

I hate one price for locals one price for foreigner. Record name and shame I say

Is it racist to imply someone is an idiot ??

Is it racist to imply someone is an idiot ??

No. Anyone can be an idiot. 

samatm

Pldt said the same thing ...  The sales girl from the mall l came out to the house to survey the locale on a Sunday and deemed it was easy... and the service crew were there on Monday AM ..   no extra charge.     We are mactan also.

Terrance

When my cable TV was installed at my apartment in Basak (near Vistabella, pronounced "Vistabelia" here) I had to pay P1500 extra because the installer said it was too far from something.  I wanted cable TV so I just paid it.  I didn't want to argue with the guy, besides it took long enough to get him there in the first place.  Call it a skin tax if you like. I paid it. My blood pressure remained under control. 

• Like 1
JasonEcos

It may be legit or may not (thats helpful isn't it?).  Wait for the installer to come out and give you a quote.  Don't agree to anything before you get a firm price.

If you are right by the road and lines are right out front then it should be no problem. You said your neighbors had the same service right? Then it shouldn't be much of an extra cost, if any at all. I vaguely remember being told the same thing by PLDT, but there was no extra charge since our installation was straight forward.

USMC-Retired

I love these things it happen to me. LOL.. Day of install for 100 pesos the Barangy Capt. came by. Odd to thinkmy install was nothing more then quoted and the Capt was happy also.

It may be legit or may not (thats helpful isn't it?).  Wait for the installer to come out and give you a quote.  Don't agree to anything before you get a firm price.

If you are right by the road and lines are right out front then it should be no problem. You said your neighbors had the same service right? Then it shouldn't be much of an extra cost, if any at all. I vaguely remember being told the same thing by PLDT, but there was no extra charge since our installation was straight forward.

They wont be getting a peso more than what was on the contract I signed, If they do (which would be strange since no-one else here, around 14 houses were charged extra) then I will simply tear up the contract. And issue Skycable with my own bill for wasting my time. They will be here tomorrow so I guess we just wait and see,  no response from head office so far either...