Open_Ended

I was laughingly told the fine for overstaying one day was the same as one month. As I was told the undertaking was not a substitute for anything. Just to tide you over until the real clearance was available for submission. What was amusing last time was the processed the papers, added an overlaying letter then as me go get copies. They then gave one back and said that I should go send it LBC to Manila. Not only do they take your money/pension but they expect you to pay the postage for them.

Not in may case ... I'm not even sure on the amount I payed ... It was too small to even notice .. Maybe I do live like a King here? After arriving here and staying, that line of "Living like a King" is very baffling .. But after hearing how bad it is for so many, that line is taking on a new meaning.

--

I'm sorry to hear so many of the foreigners are peasants here ... Feel free to come to my world of Kings and Queens living in the 3rd world, but you gotta have a good attitude and you have to learn how to listen.

--

And I'm not at all saying to over-stay here or live a life here as an outlaw ...Supporting your local GOV in very small ways goes a long way here.

Edited by Open_Ended
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• Open_Ended

• Monsoon

• enoonmai

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its changed in that you now don't need police clearance from country of origin for provisional to full. You don't need NBI either as long as its applied for when you submit your request for changing s

I'll bow out of this thread.  It is obvious that procedures have changed since I got my 13A and moreover I applied in Manila and not Cebu.  Any information I have is probably out of date.  However as

This is a dumb question, but did you submit the NBI clearance to immigration? Your folder is likely sitting somewhere in the process. I assume they told you to get the NBI at your interview? I'm guess

I overstayed a day as my visa ran out on a Saturday when I was still waiting for NBI clearance. Does supporting the government mean paying 20 to officer that offered to "fix" my visa. Thanks I'll remember that.

Open_Ended

I overstayed a day as my visa ran out on a Saturday when I was still waiting for NBI clearance. Does supporting the government mean paying 20 to officer that offered to "fix" my visa. Thanks I'll remember that.

Sorry but you overstayed ... Now, try to deal with your actions as an adult in this 3rd world country, OK...

Nice to hear you were not blacklisted and tossed out of the country ... Or are you sitting in a far away land sending us all this good news?

--

And to all, ESP the OP... remember these words this guy posted here and in the post I made early that you must keep in contact with the officials of the country to keep your own personal boat floating ...  You have to be a responsible adult here in this land ... No babysitting by this country is gonna happen. And as stated above in this post, they will take care of your issues as they crop up in most cases.

--

If you can't understand this or at least go along with it, you might be in the wrong place and yrs of crying about the Philippines on this or any other web site is not gonna change anything.

Edited by Open_Ended

Sorry but you overstayed ... Now, try to deal with your actions as an adult in this 3rd world country, OK...

Thank you for magnanimously offering me such worldly advice sir. I respecfully bow to your age and intelligence.

• Like 1

The thread starter was just asking about current requirements. I overstayed one day? So what? Not whining about it. Just letting him know how they deal with it as other visa have extension or a grace period. I leave and come back with balik bayan. Better than pay 20 thousand to some corrupt officer.

After 40 years in Asia what I have found out is if you never say anything nothing ever changes. People log on here for help, others respond.

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I did manage to push my NBI clearance as I called the director in Manila who I know personally. Even then it all takes time. In my case too long to help. Because your "an alien".

The NBI clearance is a joke. It is a very ineffective filter. In a past life I was issued an official identification card from a major government agency in the Philippines which required fingerprints and a visit to the local INTERPOL office.  My ID was issued in a few days and took 30 mins of my time. NBI is just a name search. Their AFIS (fingerprint identification) system is antiquated at best.

Kind of like the bag checks at the entrance to Ayala malls... If your not going to do it right, why do it? 

Sigh. 

Edited by Monsoon

Immigration actually asked me to write a letter to the person I know in NBI to ask them to revise policies. They are as pissed off as anyone. I guess that's why they implemented this written undertaking to bridge the waiting gap. As I said in another thread around ten we're dowgrading that day.

I met one poor guy who was disabled that did a 4 hour boat trip from Samar to Tacloban. He at first said, This is easy for me as I did an NBI clearance in Manila last year. But they made him do all the fingerprinting etc all over again and gave him a September 8th pick up date. He said, "I did this already in Manila, I must be on the database" They said this is the province. You have to start again. His visa was out the following day. Nice enough people. Around 130 for proccessing. Had a good chat with the head atty related to another friend. He comes to the local beach and will call next time. But there left hand doesn't know what the right is doing and the system sucks.

Open_Ended

Immigration actually asked me to write a letter to the person I know in NBI to ask them to revise policies. They are as pissed off as anyone. I guess that's why they implemented this written undertaking to bridge the waiting gap. As I said in another thread around ten we're dowgrading that day.

I met one poor guy who was disabled that did a 4 hour boat trip from Samar to Tacloban. He at first said, This is easy for me as I did an NBI clearance in Manila last year. But they made him do all the fingerprinting etc all over again and gave him a September 8th pick up date. He said, "I did this already in Manila, I must be on the database" They said this is the province. You have to start again. His visa was out the following day. Nice enough people. Around 130 for proccessing. Had a good chat with the head atty related to another friend. He comes to the local beach and will call next time. But there left hand doesn't know what the right is doing and the system sucks.

Again, totally believable ... Its the 3rd world here. You gotta accept that fact.   If all these type events do not set well with you as we speak ..Consider another path in your life because the 3rd world here, in the Philippines, is not gonna magically change for the better in the near future ... Changing a country on that scale in the near term is almost impossible to accomplish ... Please think long and hard on your life choice to come here. 

Myself, I like it here but it always saddens me to hear of the systems in place here that makes this nation look so bad ..

Edited by Open_Ended

It's changing because some people want change for the better that have actually experienced better. For many it's a case of never having known any different. There are some things I would not want to change. As yet a beautiful unspoiled country in some ways. Nowheres perfect, least of all the West. Making a choice Asia is fine with me. It wasn't so long back BOI didn't even have a computer.

Open_Ended

It's changing because some people want change for the better that have actually experienced better. For many it's a case of never having known any different. There are some things I would not want to change. As yet a beautiful unspoiled country in some ways. Nowheres perfect, least of all the West. Making a choice Asia is fine with me. It wasn't so long back BOI didn't even have a computer.

I hope you are right... Just be ready for most processes here to be clunky as you are experiencing now... Its a slow march to 1st world status ...

Its beautiful and raw and wide open here ... I'm down with that way of life ... I like no radar guns here and hope I never see one but I know they are on their way here.

SkyMan

Kind of like the bag checks at the entrance to Ayala malls... If your not going to do it right, why do it? Sigh.

Well, it's like the stupid letter Americans have to pay $50 to the Consulate here to get married.  You pay, swear you aren't married, and get one.
  • Like 1

it can actually be easier and less expensive to get a 13A visa in your home countries Philippine embassy.. There you have no chance of being hit with all sorts of 'fees', and the process is straight-forward, by the book. Depending on where you go in the Philippines it can be just as easy. Or can become expensive, and take quite some time.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Well, it's like the stupid letter Americans have to pay $50 to the Consulate here to get married. You pay, swear you aren't married, and get one.

Indeed. And that useless piece of paper only exists because the Filipino government demands it. Actually it doesnt even meet the legal requirements but they accept it instead of modifying their useless statute.

Thanks for this link.  My name is still not there, but there sure are a lot of missionaries!  I wonder why a missionary would come to a predominantly christian country?