shadow

I'm posting these pics for Cebubird, he will update with specifics;

house construction 146.jpghouse construction 147.jpghouse construction 148.jpghouse construction 149.jpghouse construction 150.jpg

• Like 6
Headshot

Well, Bill won't have to worry about not having hot water available for showers. Having the tank exposed to sunlight like that pretty much guarantees the water inside will be hot by 10 AM every day. Having cold water available will be another story. It looks like a well-constructed tower.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Well, Bill won't have to worry about not having hot water available for showers. Having the tank exposed to sunlight like that pretty much guarantees the water inside will be hot by 10 AM every day. Having cold water available will be another story. It looks like a well-constructed tower.

it's blue

blue is for cold

red is for hot

i like that he left room for a gunner or two also

• Like 1
Half Baked

How're you gonna paint "BILLY BOB LOVES CHARLENE" on that thing?

• Like 1

Bill, I see I have a place to sleep when I come visit ya.

• Like 1
the boss

Paint it black for a few more degrees in temperature.

The wall is very nice also!

• Like 1
shadow

How're you gonna paint "BILLY BOB LOVES CHARLENE" on that thing?

With spray paint, of course!

• Like 1
spritsail

Dig a big, deep hole and make a dive pool and you will have the perfect diving platform

• Like 1
cebubird

Well, when I first posted questions before building,had lots of good comments/advice and believe I took them

Tank is 1000liters, height is about 17'. Column posts are 1 meter deep, meter apart with about 2'square base, and tie beams between each  column. Tower is 2meter square, and total cost was 64thousand.

Good thing is I have already discovered that with local water off, our pressure is actually better.

There are ball?)valves installed in lines to control flow both going into tank and coming from tank. Also has cutoff at tank in case something goes wrong and cutoff coming from tank.

Well about diving platform-we start pool next week, but depth only 4', so maybe diving not in order.(lol)

Paul, our engineer says he did overbuild, but with 1500 kilo of water in tank, maybe we would have to drain tank in order for you sleep there.

• Like 3
SkyMan

what an ugly thing to have in your back yard

Back yard?  You have to have a house to have a back yard.  Do you see a house there somewhere?

Tank is 1000liters

but with 1500 kilo of water in tank

How'd you do that?
  • Like 1
Skywalker

A litre of water weighs just over 1 kilogram (depending on the temperature).

Knowdafish

Dig a big, deep hole and make a dive pool and you will have the perfect diving platform

There is no need for a deep hole if one knows how to belly flop correctly!  :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JINC4wLP_fE

The learning curve while practicing correct form may be a killer though.  :D

Headshot

Paul, our engineer says he did overbuild, but with 1500 kilo of water in tank, maybe we would have to drain tank in order for you sleep there.

It's OK. Paul knows how to tread water. He's been treading water for years.