Gaisano Moalboal.

thebob

thebob

Soon to rise. They are digging the footings now. It's quite a big project and it will provide lots of non tourist jobs for the area.

It is an exciting development for Moalboal.

• Like 2
the boss

A new one?

I thought the old bird had died and those things were fading away?

The only ones I been in lately are that thing in downtown Cebu and the rat trap in Iloilo.

In the mid 90's use to spend a lot of time in the one in Iloilo, had a bowling alley. Last time there, well disappointing.

Have to say been a fan of the new SM going up every where.

Was just in Moalboal in Feb of this year. Didn't know it was big enough for a Giasano?

HeyMike

Good to hear about the project. I hope they will build a parking lot. No paking lot is the reason I do not go to the one in Dumanjug

thebob

It's just down the street from Petron, opposite Dr Iris so there is plenty of street parking.

I'm sure it will also have another ATM which will be an extra welcome addition.

The poster calls it Gaisano Grand Moalboal, and the picture makes it look quite large.

Talk is that it will open by Christmas!

samatm

Gaisanos have been sprouting up everywhere:   on Mactan and Cordova there are 3 newly opened  stores.    One in basak is a mini mall with a grocery store and it is only a stones throw from the Gaisano Grand mall.   Also newly opened Gaisano Cordova  and a Gaisano Lapu Lapu.    Glad to hear Moaboal is getting a decent shopping center. 

• Like 1
Davezilla

Guess it time to look at Moalboal again last time I considered the move there it had no internet or ATM or shopping  

Headshot

Talk is that it will open by Christmas!

Did they mention Christmas of what year?  :cool:

• Like 2

They are building one here too. A friends wife is the manageress of Riverside Gaisano Ormoc and will take over here. Started June they say completion this coming Christmas. Only two locals employed. They have their own crew that go around building gaisano's. He did give me all the figures. What they pay for land, how much to build etc. He even gave me new Robinson figures. Already slipped my mind but I can ask again if anyone's interested. Bit of trouble as they used an agent to buy the land. Had the owner known she would have upped the price. Went to attorneys and a price was finally agreed on.

udonthani

the old, little one in Balamban that was usurped by the larger Gaisano that opened in late 2010, had the sign GAISANO SARI SARI. I'm not a camera person but if I was I would have taken a picture of it because I don't think you will be seeing too many of those signs again.

samatm

They are building one here too. A friends wife is the manageress of Riverside Gaisano Ormoc and will take over here. Started June they say completion this coming Christmas. Only two locals employed. They have their own crew that go around building gaisano's. He did give me all the figures. What they pay for land, how much to build etc. He even gave me new Robinson figures. Already slipped my mind but I can ask again if anyone's interested. Bit of trouble as they used an agent to buy the land. Had the owner known she would have upped the price. Went to attorneys and a price was finally agreed on.

where is  "here"  ?

udonthani

where is  "here"  ?

Naval. One is going up in San Fran Camotes too.

Bill H

Wahooo great news and long over due too!

They seem to be following the Wal-Mart model that made Wally a Billionaire.  Build in outlying towns and capture those markets which are in fact fairly large when the surrounding areas are included.

• Like 1
roadhaze

I just noticed it in the past week. It will probably like Dumunjug and still have to go to CarCar for certain things. Try not to hit Dumunjug on weekends and no parking problem.

Gaisano coming to Moalboal already long time but always stopped in municipality. Mayor said want to protect small business. Obviously now temptation, amount of it, too big ;-)

Moalboal getting too busy, time to move on...