Who will protect you from the protectors? Davao - safe for foreigners or not ?

Davaoeno

My friend who is a very accomplished local attorney   said this to me :

1  .duterte says thought it was an ambush and the aussie thinks its a kidnapping

matter... both had acted on a " mistake of fact " more specially  in favor of the
aussie who had experienced very recently a very traumatic armed robbery/kidnapping/murder event... mistake of fact
is a lawful defense because there  can be no criminal intent.

If someone knows this guy please pass that advice along .. 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 3
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• jtmwatchbiz

• Brucewayne

• Baywak

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that makes sense.  They must have taken that from the US Secret Service procedure book:   Let's see if I remember correctly.....   In the event of a possible kidnapping/assassination event, t

Hum the VM has 20 guards for protection. A vehicle pulls in front which he thinks is some sort of trap and he gets out of the car and walks up to the car blocking his convey and taps on the window. I

Well some of it is from reporters, and some of it is direct quotes from the Aussie and also from the VM - so I'm not quite sure what " VERY second hand info is "   YOu find it strange that he just d

Posted Images

any one here see any problem with a VM having 20 body guards 

im sure payed by the city 

and the rest who knows what did go down there and im surer no one will tell the real story 

gentlerben

This is a sensitive subject so I will be brief. I moved to Davao "because" of the Mayor's reputation. I grew up in Philadelphia under Frank Rizzo's regime.

His brother was my boss and I was the wrong ethnic group. But the toughnest was equal to the fairness. I learned the second most valuable lesson in my

life after being called to the commissioners office once.

Second, everybody and his brother drives like that and the circumtances was tainted of course by the man's previous experience. And to in effect cowl down

to any Pinay is just a survival tactic. Any one could have brought the same charges to any one of us at any time.

Last when the flood in Matina hit, I was right in the middle of it and about 10 died in my area. Had to put up a few people as I was on the second floor

apartment. The Mayor' people tracked me down and made sure I received the food and p3000 just like everyone else. I was grateful and humbled.

The good, the bad, the ugly. I choose the good intentions over the bad. Thank you./

• Like 1

Duterte's credibility doesnt even enter into the equation.             [ i miss your point tho - are you saying that someone who found some plates underwater is obviously an honest person? ]

no but hes rich enough to buy himself out of his mess or settlement as pinoys like to call it lol

SomeRandomGuy

feck that        get out of dodge  don't feck with the VM.

I lived in davao for a long time and I got a whole heap of respect for former mayor and current vice mayor  but  U do not not  not feck with him.

wether you are right or you are wrong he is old school hell  even the abu sayaf are shit scared of him.

And remember before his time davao was the murder capital of the world and he cleaned all that up the only way it could be. With an iron fist.

He was needed then and his strength is needed now. He is hardcore I remember when he used to drive around on his harley.

Every week he has a show and names people's names. Telling some to get out of his town others to report to police..... and he is that tough and well known every bloody criminal does what he says.

You would not catch me dead bad mouthing that dude he is hardcore  so if anyone does know this guy     tell him to get the feck out now

can I also add that the mayor saying about foreingers against davaeno's       man   I would hate to be a foreinger there right now. Sounds like he has a grudge and that is never  ever ever good.

Just my opinion   and once again anti foreinger sentiment this time from a mayor of the third largest city in the phils.

Not looking good for us in the long run.

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
  • Like 1
Brucewayne

Duterte's credibility doesnt even enter into the equation.             [ i miss your point tho - are you saying that someone who found some plates underwater is obviously an honest person? ]

The

Australian was shouting ‘this is only the Philippines, I am an

Australian,’ and I dont give a damn who he is, this is the Philippines,

this is my country,”  

He is British and Duterte obviously thought he was Australian.

Why would the man claim to be Australian when he is clearly British?

I don't believe for a minute that the Brit said he was an Aussie.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Hum the VM has 20 guards for protection. A vehicle pulls in front which he thinks is some sort of trap and he gets out of the car and walks up to the car blocking his convey and taps on the window. I guess he is lucky it wasn't an ambush. 

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 5

feck that        get out of dodge  don't feck with the VM.

I lived in davao for a long time and I got a whole heap of respect for former mayor and current vice mayor  but  U do not not  not feck with him.

wether you are right or you are wrong he is old school hell  even the abu sayaf are shit scared of him.

And remember before his time davao was the murder capital of the world and he cleaned all that up the only way it could be. With an iron fist.

He was needed then and his strength is needed now. He is hardcore I remember when he used to drive around on his harley.

Every week he has a show and names people's names. Telling some to get out of his town others to report to police..... and he is that tough and well known every bloody criminal does what he says.

You would not catch me dead bad mouthing that dude he is hardcore  so if anyone does know this guy     tell him to get the feck out now

can I also add that the mayor saying about foreingers against davaeno's       man   I would hate to be a foreinger there right now. Sounds like he has a grudge and that is never  ever ever good.

Just my opinion   and once again anti foreinger sentiment this time from a mayor of the third largest city in the phils.

Not looking good for us in the long run.

Were you talking about the Mayor or the son who is the vice mayor too?  I did not hear anything said from the Mayor.  The son though got a bit of reputation which the locals are still apprehensive if he really has mended his ways.

SomeRandomGuy

Were you talking about the Mayor or the son who is the vice mayor too?  I did not hear anything said from the Mayor.  The son though got a bit of reputation which the locals are still apprehensive if he really has mended his ways.

u think it really matters?  blood thicker than water?

Davaoeno

The

Australian was shouting ‘this is only the Philippines, I am an

Australian,’ and I dont give a damn who he is, this is the Philippines,

this is my country,”  

He is British and Duterte obviously thought he was Australian.

Why would the man claim to be Australian when he is clearly British?

I don't believe for a minute that the Brit said he was an Aussie.

even tho it seems he has lived in Oz for 44 years ?

yes, I agree, dont let the facts get in the way !! 

I doubt the Mayor would tolerate any wrongdoing of his son, the vice-mayor.  What came out from the son's mouth does not necessarily mean the father has the same sentiments too. That was my point as you keep pointing out it was the Mayor who's got a grudge with foreigners.

But admittedly though, the father has a personal grudge with the US Government.

JamesMusslewhite

thanks for the info your fellow door knob smokey 

If that is the way you see yourself chief, but as for myself I find you to be a solid long-time member who has contributed much to the forum and the Cebu expat community. I personally know you will genuinely offer to help a fellow expat in a treating situation, unlike some of the other members now touting in masquerade. 

Brucewayne

even tho it seems he has lived in Oz for 44 years ?

So, by your opinion, we are all Filipinos now because we have lived here for so many years?

I don't think if I lived to be 100 that I would forget my nationality.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

So, by your opinion, we are all Filipinos now because we have lived here for so many years?

you must have me confused with someone else because I certainly didnt say that .  So if you can misinterpret something written in plain English- which is your first language,  maybe  its possible that if the Brit said he was from Australia that duterte thought that meant he was Australian 

bargeman

Creditability doesn't even enter into it? Really!!!! 

You miss the point though and question whether he is an honest person, why, can you prove any different?